It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilization in Antarctica (with source)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think it is using modern sea levels.

And here is a better link. I think it's the third one down

imgur.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That was the whole point of the 5 time periods in the Aztec calendar that no one seems to understand. Each time period represents the rise and end of a civilization. I think we are in the 5th, the 4th was end of Atlantis lemura etc by the great flood. The other 3 are unknown to us. a reply to: Soulshock

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jackfish28
That was the whole point of the 5 time periods in the Aztec calendar that no one seems to understand. Each time period represents the rise and end of a civilization. I think we are in the 5th, the 4th was end of Atlantis lemura etc by the great flood. The other 3 are unknown to us. a reply to: Soulshock

The Aztec calendar consists of a 365-day calendar cycle called xiuhpōhualli (year count) and a 260-day ritual cycle called tōnalpōhualli (day count). These two cycles together form a 52-year "century", sometimes called the "calendar round". source: Wikipedia, but also any other book written by scholars about the Aztecs

The story of the 5 suns is a creation myth (you can read a good and accurate summary here) Each "sun" lasted for around 700 years (except for the Third Sun), meaning that the "civilizations" you refer to only arose 2100 years ago and each would have lasted 700 years.

This puts your "Atlantis/Lemuria" scenario as happening about 1500 AD. I think we can all say with a good deal of certainty that Atlantis and Lemuria were not around at that time and a flood certainly did not destroy the world back then.

Also, we're pretty certain we understand it since the Aztec descendants are still alive and many of them learned to read and write Spanish during the conquests by Cortez and the conquistadors and quite a few of them actually left histories and other documents about the Aztecs and what life and belief was before the Spanish came.

I have been reading up on the Aztecs as the result of encountering a VERY bad book on them (where the author claimed to know what Montezuma was thinking, among other things) and can recommend the following book as being readable and accurate (with several hundred original sources listed in the bibliography): Lagasse, Mary Helen. The fifth sun. Northwestern University Press, 2004.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Does that map of an ice free Antarctica take into account the rise in sea levels due to melting of the polar ice caps?

Dont know about that, but I did see a map that showed the ismus between South America and Antarctica, in tact

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join