It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil air force to record UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Brazil air force to record UFO sightings

www.bbc.co.uk

Brazil's government has ordered its air force to officially record any sighting of unidentified flying objects.

A government decree said all military and civilian pilots as well as air traffic controllers should register any UFO sightings with the national aerospace defence command.

The information will be stored in the national archives in Rio de Janeiro.

It will be made available to researchers, including those seeking evidence of extraterrestrial life.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Air force command does not have a specialized structure to carry out scientific experiments on these phenomena and will limit itself to recording any events" the air force said in a statement."

This could be the trigger that people have been hoping for, although the files remains to be seen and as stated, it will hold records of its accounts, it still shows the willingness of a particular nation to open its doors to a topic that is somewhat riddled with hoaxes and intended hoaxes.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Go Brazil.
This is only one small step, but the reporting by the BBC shows that if not taken totally seriously, it is at least accepted as a subject of journalistic importance.

Brazil has trumped the USA and I believe many more countries will. The USA is fast losing its chance to be any kind of trusted respected leader of the future world.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
maybe we will get some quality video and radar reports now. Once the quality of evidence gets better, it will be real hard to continue denying existence of UFOs. (please note, I didn't say little green men from outer space)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I also think its a step in the right direction, but what worries me is that Brazil would not be taken as seriously as lets say....NASA or the European Space Agency.......would they?.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Awesome, let other countries start disclosure since US and Canada are not doing much at the moment... and my favorite part...

It will be made available to researchers, including those seeking evidence of extraterrestrial life.

So they're assuming that some if not all are ET UFO? Very kwel...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is really exciting news indeed! I do hope that other countries follow Brasil's lead!

Vai Brasil! (means Go Brasil!)

new topics

top topics

join