It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Sell Soap... Not Dope"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tyler: "Tonight we make soap. And to make soap, first we have to render fat. And the best fat comes from... humans."

Narrator: "Where are we?"

Tyler: "Liposuction clinic."

Tyler says Use Soap!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Wow... that's some scary stuff to read. A real eye opener!

Makes me not want to open the door anymore!

But is this something that we all should be more aware of?

Something that is going to become more prevalent in these lean times?

I really got the impression he was just trying to find a way of making a living. But what if these scammers have given up on "big city" life and is now in the rural areas?

PS. We don't even have a police department here. We have a part time police officer.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i thought about fight club when i first saw the thread too haha. i also forgot to mention that these companies cram you into a van or suv and drive crazy as h***. i remember being in an expedition with two up front, four in the back seat and three or four more in the very back. if you had an accident with that arrangement it would probably kill almost everybody. seriously don't sell magazines, and don't let your kids do it either. friends don't let friends sell magazines.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota

I really got the impression he was just trying to find a way of making a living. But what if these scammers have given up on "big city" life and is now in the rural areas?

Well, he probably was just trying to make a living, and unfortunately, they learn to lie and con people to do that from these bigger con artists that run this stuff.

Probably the most humane thing to do for these kids is refuse to buy from them, so they end up quitting and get out of this game. It sounds like it is really abusive.

It honestly makes me sick reading about those Texas multimillionaires getting away with all the crap they do and escaping liability for what happens to these kids.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I put "We sell soap not dope" in the google search and one blog came up.

If you have time read her experience with the sales guy.

Sell soap, not dope

I could hardly understand him he was talking soooo fast and he had some sort of country/gangsta accent. Seriously, don’t talk so fast. After a couple minutes, I figured out that he was trying to sell me something. He was all “I work for a company that helps kids sell soap, not dope.” Blah, blah. I’m already not interested.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Lol. That was funny in a creepy kind of way.

Sales people do just really ick me out, always have. I loathe having to go anywhere that I cant just buy my product without having to deal with one.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i too was suckerd into being sales man for somthing simaler. i but i am white from the north east...

i was hired to sell vacumes! ugh prolly me emberacing week and half of my life. thay start off by makeing you "practice" selling to friends and family . then neglegt to tell you youl be going door to door. i was great at getting ppl to let me in ther houses to show them how our company"advertised" the whole selling part i could not go thru with...
i wachted one of week minded guys get screemed at for not rembering his sales pitch. lol i then was froming the early stage of a coup/ mutany. had convinced the entire sales team to just up and quit but one guy t. long story short if someones at your door saying thay will wash carpets for free just say im not intrested in you $2,000 vacume. kirby sucks -get it?

-peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
he was suggesting that his soap business would be successful, making him rich. he would then travel somewhere warm and beachy, and would develop quite a tan... that was my first impression.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
He was saying in couple of years some other poor black kid will get suckered in to that job and visit your little white community selling soap, because the dope selling is all run by the man, just like the soap selling. So don't be scared of people with a "permanent sun tan", this is america after all.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
during my time selling magazine subscriptions countless people were very rude and sometimes even aggressive, but i only got into maybe 4 or 5 actual physical altercations while doing it. some people just explode when you try to sell them a magazine for some reason. you can't be mean to these kids most of them don't even realize they are scamming you they are just trying to earn a living and escape sometimes horrible living conditions. plus not all of them are gonna fist fight you if you come barreling out the door like a crazy person at them, i have heard some pretty bad stories of people coming back later and attacking the person sometimes in groups or sometimes with a weapon. if you want to do something offer to help these kids and at least offer to call their parents, most of them probably don't want to be there doing that but have no real choice it comes down to either get taken advantage of financially or get stranded a thousand miles from home with no money.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

By the way Illusionsaregrander, nice work digging up your linked info...

I used to also see the young people selling fragrances, like perfume knock-offs, where they would say "It smells like the designer fragrance "Opium"" but the box would be labelled "Oppobrium" or "Opossum" or something similar-yet-different like that...and I wondered if they were also on these type of sales-crews...but I never actually learned if it was the same framework or not...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What a peculiar thread. Why is this in the Gray Area, I'm just curious?

Is the OP suggesting that he interpreted the young man's words as relating to ET's in some fashion?

I think the man said "permanent suntan" meaning to suggest that the person is black.. and will visit you for some reason? Did you receive the soap yet? So in other words, someone with a permanent suntan is coming to deliver your purchase to you?

Sounds like the young man was possibly just a little eccentric, or maybe nervous and made an awkward joke about skin color. Regarding the business being owned by the black community.. anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Interesting post. I've always wondered what it would be like to actually be part of one of those groups.

To the OP--in my neighborhood, we mostly get visits from weird (predominantly white) Christian converts who are selling soap, magazines, etc as part of some "fellowship" or another. It gives me a wicked bad case of the howling fantods and I rarely let them do their whole spiel. As for the guy you dealt with, he sounds pretty typical for a black kid who has either never really been around white people or who was just socialized to mistrust white people. It was a clumsy effort to establish a rapport and let you know he wasn't "one of the bad ones" and it had nothing to do with how you treated him most likely--it was just a poorly executed sales trick. Almost certainly he'll grow less skittish and grow out of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
selling magazines is crappy. it taught me one thing and that is no matter where you come from 90% of the people there are gonna be stupid dou*hebags... i think that applies worldwide not just in america. too bad modern medical science and our steady food supply has all but wiped out natural selection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join