It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What if the Bible was corrupted and changed to create a story which the evil Cabal created hundreds of years

ok, IF?...........walk me thru how an ALLPOWERFUL being couldn't convey his/her/its message?

if it wanted? r we so powerful to thwart it?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by GeorgeH
I can't believe that a "johnny one note" could command 39 pages.

Pretty cool huh?

To quote Colonel William Tavington: "Quite impressive for a farmer with a pitchfork, wouldn't you say? "

sorry GeorgeH...you are obviously not a movie fan, cause you missed that....

I'll try again ok?

OT

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
Screw the bible. .....I think DNA is a wavelength that comes from the center of our galaxy in waves. There's some evidence to support that theory,

and I think it's a lot better than "everything's random, screw you" or "A bearded deity did it, give me your money and don't have sex".

I didn't know the Bible said "everythings random?"

The OP says the opposite.....

btw, God deosn't need your money and he created SEX, my frustrated poster

This was a while ago, but I ought to clarify a little. My beef isn't with the bible per se, but the way people choose to reinterpret it. Also, it's not only religion. The bible is one end of the spectrum. Atheism is the other end, which champions the notion of random evolution. They are the sort of people who say 'everything's random' and that to me is as big a fallacy as claiming some bloodthirsty tribal deity is the creator of the universe. That, to me, is an example of human evolution. Sure, the creator created everything. What frustrates me is the stupidity of man for imagining his creator is as degenerate as him. Since most of the world believes in a childish demiurge, there's a fanatical initiative to destroy the entire world. If God doesn't need my money, then neither should any religion.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

There once was ONE planet…

Only ONE….

That contained intelligent life…

This planet is even the focal point of all stars…

If fact, this planet was visited by the creator.

The END!

= = = = = =

This little story of origin is the only mathematically possible solution…

You see, 94% of ALL data and the outcome of variability has at its root a statistical thing called…you ready?

Called COMMON CAUSE.

Excerpt:

Every system has variation; some of this is due to the system itself, known as common cause variation; some of it is due to singular incidents or special situations; this is special cause variation. In his book, Out of the Crisis (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1982), W. Edwards Deming estimated that 94 percent of problems (or possibilities for improvement) lie with the system as common-cause variation; 6 percent are special causes.

I am skeptical that you know anything at all about statistics. Or mathematics in general. Or science in general. William Dembski doesn't impress me despite his pseudo-mathematiccs. Your ability to cut-paste some random text does not impress me either.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Atheism is the other end, which champions the notion of random evolution. They are the sort of people who say 'everything's random' and that to me is as big a fallacy as claiming some bloodthirsty tribal deity is the creator of the universe. That, to me, is an example of human evolution.

My Gawd.. how many times do people have to tell you that evolution is NOT RANDOM. Do your homework - you might actually learn something by reading Dawkins's books (and I'm not talking about God Delusion - that book wasn't that great).

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imnotbncre8ive
I am skeptical that you know anything at all about statistics. Or mathematics in general. Or science in general. William Dembski doesn't impress me despite his pseudo-mathematiccs. Your ability to cut-paste some random text does not impress me either.

Hi

Welcome!

Its "Deming", btw...

en.wikipedia.org...

See here for more math friend.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The chance of other life in the universe is almost assuredly 100 percent.
The chance of other intelligent life is just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Atheism is the other end, which champions the notion of random evolution. They are the sort of people who say 'everything's random' and that to me is as big a fallacy as claiming some bloodthirsty tribal deity is the creator of the universe. That, to me, is an example of human evolution.

My Gawd.. how many times do people have to tell you that evolution is NOT RANDOM. Do your homework - you might actually learn something by reading Dawkins's books (and I'm not talking about God Delusion - that book wasn't that great).

If you consider that the variable that instigate evolution are random, then... it kinda is.
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

If you consider that the variable that instigate evolution are random, then... it kinda is.
2nd

Actually, it kinda isn't...

Whatever chemical reactions that took place prior to abiogenesis were not random occurrences, they followed a set rule that any chemist/biochemist would be happy to teach you about... There is no such thing as random, it's never been observed nor can it be produced.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

2nd

Whatever chemical reactions that took place prior to abiogenesis were not random occurrences, they followed a set rule that any chemist/biochemist would be happy to teach you about... There is no such thing as random, it's never been observed nor can it be produced.

I'm talking about external conditions.
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And external conditions aren't random either....so your point is?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And external conditions aren't random either....so your point is?

Eh.. my original post i think was misinterpreted with the wrong connotation. "then...it kinda is" was meant as a joke, not a smart a** response. The external response I made because the guy took my first comment the wrong way. It technically isn't random I suppose, but I wasn't really a main proponent of that idea anyway. I meant as evolved traits aren't chosen, so they are in a sense at random (some animals adapt, some don't) what they are occurring in response to isn't necessarily.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i cant believe this thread is still alive.. what nonesense.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan
i cant believe this thread is still alive.. what nonesense.

not really friend...a drive-by-post with no content discussion is non-sense..and you even got a star

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

2nd

The individual mutations are random - the average direction of evolution is not.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

To split hairs: I suppose the only truly random events, as far as I know, occur in quantum systems. Other events, like the flip of a coin, are traditionally considered random only because we have limited information of the system.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The individual mutations are random - the average direction of evolution is not.

pls help OT out friend, ok?

the "average direction" of evolution is not random...so its "assignable" "special?"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

the "average direction" of evolution is not random...so its "assignable" "special?"

The individual mutations occur at random. Individuals of a population will vary in their survival and reproductive fitness. Survival and reproduction of the fittest will, over time, produce a nonrandom change in the average qualities of the population.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking me to elaborate and/or provide an example? Who is OT? OT = OldThinker?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yes! I got a star. it must be special cause probablility star that means im not random, im special, in fact i think i am god, and im telling you, i didnt create THIS mess you call earth. that's some random crap right there bud, two eyes? two legs? two hands? in the image of me? i have three arms and three legs, therefore the trinity, you know? god leg/arm, jesus leg/arm, holy spirit leg/arm. anyways, you dont see noone else on this forum declaring they're god? so i guess im random and that proves with the bell curve that I AM GOD! i feel so special cause great i totally agree with this thread now! oh, btw, i have a major in special cause statistics, so i know what im talking about, my statement above is irrefutable, so if you even ATTEMPT to refute it ima use my cut and paste weapon on you:

"If the atheist accepts that these are the hurdles, then this is what you need to do. (If not, reconnaissance is needed to identify the atheist's hurdles). The same numbering is used below. Links on the right identify resources that may be of use to you whatever your gods or religion. Various combinations of hurdles follow.

A technique that might first be used is "Negative theology", identifying what may not be said about god, in order to cleanse the atheists' minds of misconceptions. Then the positive features can be expressed.
Hurdle 1 ("any god")

You need to decide whether to help the atheist over hurdle 1 the easy way, even though this may cause extra problems with hurdles 2 and 3. If you don't care about hurdles 2 and 3, hurdle 1 is easy! For example, if you simply define "god" to mean "the basis for the laws of physics", or "whatever was needed for the universe to exist", I already believe in that god. I believe there is a basis for the laws of physics, and I believe something (in the most general sense) was needed for the universe to exist.

But such a definition does nothing whatsoever to help an atheist over hurdles 2 and 3, and in fact is likely to make things harder. How can you convince an atheist that "the basis for the laws of physics" performs miracles?
Hurdle 2 ("any listening god")

I can't supply you with the resources (arguments and evidence) you need for hurdle 2. You must identify for yourself the resources you need.
[Discussion: Where are suitable arguments and evidence? | "You need to open yourself to god"]

Helping an atheist over hurdle 2 still leaves a variety of possible gods, for example Yahweh, the Christian God, Allah, Vishnu, etc. (There are 100s of gods currently being worshipped in the world).

An ex-atheist who has been helped over hurdle 2 now has the mental basis for a range of religious beliefs. Perhaps this is all you want, but my observation is that religious people who want to convert atheists typically want to help the atheist over hurdle 3. A Christian is likely to want the atheist to become a Christian, not a Muslim or a "don't know".
Hurdle 3 ("your listening god")

I can't supply you with the resources you need for hurdle 3. You must identify for yourself the resources you need.
[Discussion: Where are suitable arguments and evidence? | "You need to open yourself to god"]

Hurdle 3 uses arguments and evidence specific for your god. For example, an obvious special feature of the Christian God is that he had a son who was resurrected. Sufficient evidence of this resurrection wouldn't itself demonstrate that all aspects of Christianity were true, (what would?), but it would cater for all of hurdle 1 and much of hurdles 2 and 3.

An ex-atheist who has been helped over hurdle 3 now has the mental basis for a specific religious belief, for example Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc. This person is a believer. "

THERE! all you non believer atheists!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The individual mutations occur at random. Individuals of a population will vary in their survival and reproductive fitness. Survival and reproduction of the fittest will, over time, produce a nonrandom change in the average qualities of the population.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking me to elaborate and/or provide an example? Who is OT? OT = OldThinker?

You are wasting your time. People have already explained him several times why he can't apply these statistics to evolution and creation, and why. He choses to ignore those explanations and just continues to repeat "special cause" like a parrot because he believes it supports his religion. Using the third person when talking about himself is another reason why you shouldn't waste your time.

Explaining gravity to a rock is about as fruitful as trying to prove OT wrong because he doesn't accept facts.

top topics

<< 37  38  39   >>

join