It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Matt Simmons is Dead- Algae Biofuels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You'll have to forgive me if I state anything too obvious, as I don't really frequent these BP threads at all. But I just had to put out some speculation as to why Matt Simmons, Ted Stevens, and Sean O'Keefe were probably murdered/ attempted murder in O'Keefe's case - namely for the (temporary) suppression of algae biofuels.

Matt Simmons in 2007 started the Ocean Energy Institute.

The Ocean Energy Institute, founded in 2007 by Matthew R. Simmons, is a think-tank and venture capital fund addressing the challenges of U.S. offshore renewable energy. OEI approaches energy R&D and investment from a systems point of view; not just generation, but usage, storage and transmission all together as an interdependent set of opportunities and the next driving force of the international economy.
www.oceanenergy.org...

www.oceanenergy.org...
In this pdf file, Simmons outlines what Ocean Energy means to him. This includes: tidal energy, wind, geothermal, and algae biofuels.

More info about "oilgae" here:

www.oilgae.com...
Basically, they turn algae into methane (aka natural gas).

Sean O'keefe (in the plane crash with Ted Stevens, who gets all the press) is the CEO of the world's second largest plane manufacturer. www.foxnews.com...

O'Keefe assumed the responsibilities as EADS North America's Chief Executive Officer on November 1, 2009. EADS is the world's second largest aerospace and defense company and is in a pitched battle with Boeing to win a potentially $50 billion contract to supply refueling aircraft to the U.S. Air Force.

Just a couple months ago, this headline: EADS Develops First Algae Fuel-Powered Aircraft
inhabitat.com...

We’ve seen algae-powered cars and biofuel-powered planes, but European aerospace company EADS is the first to combine the two with an algae fuel-powered aircraft. The company’s twin-engine Diamond DA 42, set to be unveiled next week at the Berlin Air Show, runs partially on biofuel made from 100% algae.

In addition, also this past June, NASA director Charles Bolden, Jr. got into a bit of trouble when it was found out he was hindering the progress of Project Omega, NASA's investigation into the use of algae to form biofuel. (Here's Project Omega's site www.nasa.gov... )
I highly suggest reading the article about it: articles.orlandosentinel.com...

NASA boss investigated for possible conflict of interest on biofuel project Charlie Bolden asked Marathon Oil for its opinion on Project OMEGA — but he has financial interest in Marathon, which has a competing project
June 20, 2010|By Robert Block and Mark K. Matthews, Orlando Sentinel While millions of barrels of spilled oil choke the Gulf of Mexico, NASA is working on an ocean-based biofuels venture that could revolutionize clean-energy production at sea and treat wastewater at the same time.

Bolden was on the board of Marathon before being Nasa director and holds $1 million in Marathon stock.
Of course, this is all speculation, but I thought the pattern of abuse was consistent. And how BP and Goldman Sachs engineering the Deepwater Horizon fiasco relates to all of this algae fuel technology suppression, I have no clue.
Thanks for reading

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Nice work Jcrash.

I really like your take on this, and I think you may on to something here.

I will further review your research but I just wanted to put in my few cents in order to help you get some attention to this.

I will be sharing this with others, as many people are very suspicious of these untimely 'accidents'.

I mean consider classical conspiracy theories about the Oil Industry and it's constant cover ups of alternative fuel sources. This actually fits in just perfectly with the previous theories/rumors/legends/facts/etc.

And if you think about it really, this is a cut throat world is it not?

I see no reason to doubt this could be one of the big reasons Simmons 'forgot how to swim' last week.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

2nd the motion....

this would seem like a valid reason these people were disposed off and it makes sense that the Golf Coast Spill would have given enough of a good reason to seek alternative fuels.

But it seems to me that the truth would lie in their knowledge of the corruption that goes on in big oil industry... they were part of organizations and committee's that had intense knowledge of the woodwork regarding BP and Golf Coast Operations.

* November 2009: Became CEO of EADS North America, elected to board of directors

* 2008: Headed Washington operations for General Electric Co's (GE.N) aviation division

* 2005 to 2008: Chancellor, Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge)

* 2001 to 2005: NASA administrator

* 2001: Deputy director, Office of Management and Budget

* 1996-2001: Endowed chair professor, Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs

* 1993-1996: Professor of business administration, dean of graduate school at Pennsylvania State University

* July 1992: Appointed secretary of the U.S. Navy Sources: EADS, NASA, Reuters research

Posted by ATS member clay2 baraka

Open Congress

Ted Steven's committee assignments:

Committees

* Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)
* Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
* Senate Committee on Appropriations
* Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Science
* Subcommittee on Defense - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)
* Subcommittee on Homeland Security
* Subcommittee on Interior and Related Agencies
* Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education
* Subcommittee on Transportation, Treasury, Judiciary, Housing and Urban Development
* Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
* Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information and International Security
* Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, the Federal Workforce, and the District of Columbia
* Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)

Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)

* Joint Committee on the Library of Congress
* Senate Committee on Appropriations
* Subcommittee on Commerce Justice and Science
* Subcommittee on Defense - Chair
* Subcommittee on Homeland Security
* Subcommittee on Interior
* Subcommittee on Labor Health and Human Services Education and Related Agencies
* Subcommittee on Transportation Treasury the Judiciary and Housing and Urban Development
* Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation - Chair
* Subcommittee on Aviation
* Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs Product Safety and Insurance
* Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction
* Subcommittee on Fisheries and the Coast Guard
* Subcommittee on Global Climate Change
* Subcommittee on National Ocean Policy Study
* Subcommittee on Science and Space
* Subcommittee on Technology Innovation and Competitiveness
* Subcommittee on Trade Tourism and Economic Development
* Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine
* Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs
* Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
* Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management the Federal Workforce and the District of Columbia
* Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management Government Information and International Security
* Senate Committee on Rules and Administration

www.opencongress.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Algae biofuels has great potential, producing energy, food and clean water. You have put together some really interesting information and some nice additions to the thread. Kudos all.
More digging will probably find the stuff getting even deeper. I can't believe all the important people that have gotten offed in the last few years. The PTB are showing their hand, a good sign they are losing control.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
After letting it stew a while, I guess I should have emphasized the Boeing, EADS clash over the Air Force contract some more.
www.marketwatch.com...
Refering to EADS winning the coveted contract -

"You get a U.S. facility and then you have political allies," said Teal Group aerospace analyst Richard Aboulafia. "It gives you an industrial and jobs footprint in the U.S., and that's very concerning for Boeing."

So, in a nutshell, EADS and Boeing are in a pitched battle to win a lucrative contract. If EADS wins, and it should because they have a superior product that uses algae biofuel, then Simmons gets a leg up over Goldman Sachs and BP. BP wants the contract to be with Boeing since that would use oil, not biofuel. Simmons would get his cut due to the fact that the EADS planes in the Air Force would use biofuel, thus necessitating the need for Simmons and his Ocean Energy Institute and spurring the development of craploads of biofuel. The oil cartels haven't established their presence/ ownership in the biofuels market yet, hence Boldens delaying tactics on Project Omega.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
good info.

interesting.

Some in this thread seem to think the Gulf is actively being poisoned so that 'they' (you know, 'they') can harvest algae for biofuels directly out of the Gulf.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which seems to be pretty much the opposite of the direction this thread is going.,

So, who is right?>

I'd say this the info in this thread is a lot more connected to reality, at least, since it doesnt pretend that dead zones are a new occurence

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My only point is the two theories appear to me to be competing. The one you present seems to claim the Gulf (and other bodies of water?) is/are being actively turned into algae fuel factories, while this information presented in this thread seems to imply that those who wish to benefit from the algae fuel contracts poisoned the gulf to discredit the petroleum industry.

It seems like there may potentially be some cross-reference in your two theories.

Be well.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thanks, Justadood, for the heads up about Unity's thread, it's the exact one I thought existed. (gripe: vague thread titles
)

@Unity, great thread.

I'm sure the two do indeed correlate. Justadood, you mentioned in that thread that algae could be grown anywhere, but the Gulf is perfect for this situation as it is a pre-existing centralized hub of processing and distribution of natural gas.

So yes, I think the Gulf is being prepared to be algae farmed. All the news was hyped about dead zones to create the political cover for the govt to take over the Gulf and oceans. BP out of control oil spill (remember that if we are at Peak oil, why would BP just piss all that precious oil away? - most likely a minor leak was intentionally released as part of the fear campaign), Goldman Sachs' corexit story, Matt Simmons' nuking the oil well were probably all part and parcel of the same highly orchestrated fear campaign and cover story to pass this executive order: www.whitehouse.gov... which allows for govt takeover of the Gulf and oceans.
Simmons stood to gain with BP, GS by the govt takeover which is why he participated, but it looks like he got played... Simmons thought he could steal a slice of the action, but BP and GS wanted complete control of the algae fuel market.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

I didn't know the what or why, but I knew something was definitely fishy about these two events and their timing. Star & Flag for putting all this together. I too think you may have hit the nail on the head.

P.S... Keeping up with the ROV thread... There is a lot of "movement" from beneath the ocean floor that is either "new" or has for the most part been avoided by the ROV's. Of course, it may just be a natural occurrence, such as Matt Simmons' heart attack and the Alaskan Airplane.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
BUMP for TRUTH!

I find it amazing that threads like these get buried so quickly.

How sad that we spit in the face of reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

So yes, I think the Gulf is being prepared to be algae farmed. All the news was hyped about dead zones to create the political cover for the govt to take over the Gulf and oceans. BP out of control oil spill (remember that if we are at Peak oil, why would BP just piss all that precious oil away? - most likely a minor leak was intentionally released as part of the fear campaign),

So, are you saying that dead zones didnt exist prior to this BP spill? Because Dead Zones have existed for more than a decade. Just about anyone who lives near a major body of water, or has studied environmental biology is aware of this. They are not a construct of the media, or the BP spill.

Also, IMO, the amount of oil coming from that well was FAR more than a 'minor' leak. And the implication that BP 'let' that oil escape doesnt seem accurate. They've done everything they can to stop the well, even if it means damaging it beyond repair. They want it to stop leaking, so they can get it under control and successfully collect it for future use. It was the Federal Govt who wanted them to keep it open prior to the first cap, because they wanted an accurate measurement of flow, to properly fine BP.

Edited to add: In addition, after reading over the wording to the link you provide ( www.whitehouse.gov... )I find nothing particularly alarming or damning about this. Can oyu point out the specific precedent you think will be set with this potential problems that are actually likely to occurr? All I get fro that is a more organized, centralized response system to deal with these sorts of issues in our national waters, which has been the subject of many ATSers criticism of the Federal Government's handling of this situation so far.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by justadood]

new topics

top topics

join