It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your personal vision of 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What is your personal vision of 2020?

How will the world look?

How much will have changed?

Do you see doom?

Do you see utopia?

Do you see no change at all?

Doom factors:

Economic.
War
Drought and Famine
Global warming
Radioactive waste
NWO
Military dictatorship

The list would go on forever.

Utopia Factors:

Spiritual enlightenment
Disclosure (maybe)
New medical and scientific advancements

This list as well could go on and on.

The question being: In your own mind's eye, being asked to predict the world 10 years from now, what do you see?

I wonder how different, or for that matter how similar, responses will be?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I personally believe the biggest factor will be the current generation that are in their teens. Each generation recreates their world. So you may want to ask them what they see.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
in 2020, I'll be playing starcraft 3, call of duty 17, and watching saw 18.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The elite returning to Earth to see the charred remains of the mess they created, having escaped it all. Then setting to work cleaning the planet for yet another game of Humanity.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think 2020 is an ok TV show.

It used to be better back in the day, but there are still a few decent things to be found.

Oh you meant the year and not the tv show? My bad.

I guess I view the year as just any other year. More bills and taxes right? Same ol' same ol'.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
2010-2015 some destruction caused by mixed climate change, floods, solar storm events, economic depression and some major war

2020 society still exists (at least most countries), much less population, cars and economy, much more personal awareness and a "collective hangover" of the destruction of former decade. A sense of awakening, returning back to local communities, social revolution, and slowly a new technological and now spiritual advance begins. Probably mainstream alien disclosure occurs by this decade.

Sources: my dreams about the future
Astrology, cardinal transits of 2010s, a cycle that repeats every 84 years

reply to post by dreamwalker74

[edit on 11-8-2010 by segurelha]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
2020 is a Universal Mastery Year of the #22. If we wish to declassify it as "just another year" then it would be a Universal Year of the #4.

Either or, you choose which year is for you. The 22 year represents 'Mastery of Craftsmanship' for the betterment of Mankind. Certainly means a ton if you think about technology, engineering, sciences, math, and any other form of Craftsmanship that builds ideas and things. I see this leaning more towards a physical expression though because the #4 represents 'Work and Foundations'.

Here is my prediction. A Great Repository of All Knowledge will come to be. It will be the discovery of an Ancient Knowledge of All times, or it will be the establishment of a Great Library of the Peoples with Knowledge of All times. It will be open to all. It will be the ultimate University for all Intelligent Life. It will be abundant and free and it will be strong enough to last for 1000 years.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Double post!

Peace.

ALS

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have two. The first:

Nothing much has change, I have children, a wife blah blah blah. The world is the same. The poor are poor while the rich are rich. Technology has changed a bit augmented reality is all the rage. Basically everything is the same.

The second:

The world is reaching the final stages of WW3. Iran, Israel and much of the Middle east has been wipe of the map. America have suffered massive losses along with the rest of the allied nations. Russia and china have formed an alliance under the banner of communism. We are at a tipping point, a "mini coldwar". Staring at the face of annihilation we must choose!

my predictions for 2021?...........Who knows?

Peace.

ALS

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i see more posts from you pissing people off ! , troll lol oh wait thats a post to MR.walker lol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What is your personal vision of 2020?

I want to have a new form of political structure in my country and in the world by 2020, a true people's democracy utilizing the internet (people will be able to vote directly on bills and so forth)

calamities and wars will of happened, but were somewhat managed and minimized.

a new economic paradigm will emerge to solve the bust and boom cycle of modern day capitalism

How will the world look?

I would like to see urban areas embracing a greener approach to development (i.e.- www.torontolife.com... -first/ )

perhaps some areas of the world will be destroyed from calamities and war, but we will always rebuild.

How much will have changed?

lots

Do you see doom?

yes, but it will be minimized

Do you see utopia?

yes, because that's exactly what we want.

Do you see no change at all?

no.

Doom factors:

Economic

this should be solved with a new economic system

might be calamities, war.

War

nuclear war will be minimized

Drought and Famine

in third world countries this will be a deadly problem, in developed countries it might be a challenge to deal with, that could be solved with technology

Global warming

won't get that bad

NWO

we will work towards a peaceful NWO with good intentions for the people of this planet

Utopia Factors:

Spiritual enlightenment

this should cause a revolution and evolution in humanity

Disclosure (maybe)
New medical and scientific advancements

these could solve lots of worldly problems that are in the doom catagory

----

The question being: In your own mind's eye, being asked to predict the world 10 years from now, what do you see?

exactly what I want to manifest and work towards!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
by 2020 -like the movie idiocracy. more war's is a safe bet. fewer resources.
more people. more problems. more brutal repression.
SERF CITY HERE WE COME!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
2020... Considering the reason for everything that has built into a nightmare over centuries of grudges and MI6, FSB and all the others running around like headless chickens in a world where mankind is fundementally selfish and unable to let go of the past, and continues, like we all have at some point been suckered into the survival of the fittest frame of mind (which results in mass psychopathy), we will be fighting each other until the sun burns out.

Maybe we can stop this catastrophy from becoming a reality if we look at what we know to be the best actions through reading back into the centuries, looking hard at history and the written words our ancestors left for us while they tried to reason from within these old world organizations. The past is the key to the future. The basic processes of cognetive memory are what makes us do anything correctly, like mathematically setting out time, as the druids and myans and orientals have.

If we carry on like we are, we will kill each other and the rest of life which is precariously balanced with us. After watching 'The Ascent of Money' on 4od (channel 4 on demand UK), the mortgage lending companies that tried to feed off the poor and got a nasty shock borrowed all that money from China bank, which means there will probably be a war with China next. Finance is what started WW1, simple stuff when you look at it, it always comes back to greed.

The way to deal with it is just say no and stop picking out races and religions to blame, that makes it all too easy for the stirrers. Unfortunately greed is something 65% of the worlds population are all susseptable to. We are all to blame at some point, but that has to change, and killing the pupil is a pointless deed. The lunartics have completely taken over the assylum, don't let them win by just living with the attitude they have impregnated in all of us. They have infultrated everything meant to create order, except time itself...

STOP PSYCHOPATHY NOW!!!

Surgically remove very catiously, and do not hate any organization, fight from within by teaching them. The pen is infinately mightier than the sword. And wish humanity and all of life well for the future, even if they have sneaked into your bedroom while you sleep and shove strange white powder up your nose twice while you sleep, and wants to believe me because of the connotations or effects this would have on all close to me.

Hysteria is something we all suffer from, but will be our downfall. Be calm!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
99%+ Completely hive-mind-controlled. Nanobots infiltrate the neural networks of everyone around 2017. Turn off higher emotional state, and leave an AI zombie, ready to do the biding of their elite masters. Humanity ceases to exist for the most part, and the only ones immune to this tech are the elite, and a few super-geniuses who saw this coming and either launched out into space, else are deep underground, maybe even under the ocean.

The elite are finalizing their tech to become practically immortal. They will live hundreds of years, explore the galaxy, and control legions of zombies to perform all the grunt work without question.

That's all I got for so early in my morning. Might come back and expand in a bit.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
un excitingly much like today, perhaps the beginning of the end for petrol powered cars, and much more tightly controlled internet and the complete loss of privacy online and IRL

new topics

top topics

join