It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf scientist: Justice Department is gagging me from studying oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Justice Department continues to impose stifling restrictions on independent scientists seeking to study the catastrophic effects of Gulf spill, according to one scientist.

In an opinion piece at The Scientist, ecosystem biologist Linda Hooper-Bui explains her frustration with corporations and government bureaucracies, both of which have been preventing independent scientists like her from accessing the Gulf of Mexico.

"I want to collect data to answer scientific questions absent a corporate or governmental agenda. I won't collect data specifically to support the government's lawsuit against BP nor will I collect data only to be used in BP's defense," says Hooper-Bui.

But doing so has been a difficult task.

In May, a US Fish an Wildlife officer took away ant samples from some of Hooper-Bui's PhD students because their project had not been approved by Incident Command, a joint program of BP and federal agencies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

This is hardly surprising and if it's happening to her, how many more is it happening to, that don't want to speak out or are afraid of retrobution or their funding being pulled? This whole oil-spill cover-up is very telling and points to something fishy (no pun intended). Sadly, it seems that the MSM is in on it, as usual so the American people will stay unaware, even though it is happening right in front of our faces.

It is maddening how obvious and blatant our government is becomming in working against our interests, yet the American people fail to see it when it is slapping them in the face.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me....when all this is (hopefully) over, the truth will come out....and I hope BP goes bankrupt!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I highly doubt the whole truth will come out. Just look at 9/11 and JFK for starters. It may have a better chance of coming out than those incidents, but we will probably focus on BP, instead of the government and media complicity with BP. I think that the government's role in this incident is far worse than the role of BP.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First bp tried to bribe scientists and gag them with grants and binding contracts.

BP attempted to hire the entire marine sciences department at one Alabama university, according to scientists involved in discussions with the company's lawyers. The university declined because of confidentiality restrictions that the company sought on any research.

The Press-Register obtained a copy of a contract offered to scientists by BP. It prohibits the scientists from publishing their research, sharing it with other scientists or speaking about the data that they collect for at least the next three years.

blog.al.com...

See also:
www.wkrg.com...

Since not all scientists are greedy bastards, BP seemed to have found a better alternative. Just bribe people in the justice department. High ranking government officials always appreciate generous offers from corporations.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is there a test for corexit? I was under the impression there was no test to identify it.

new topics

top topics

join