It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Immigration Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Looks like things are about to really get hot in the nation. With all of the controversy over the Arizona Immigration Bill, and this added to the mix, could we actually see the beginnings of a civil war over states rights vs federal rights again?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
www.foxnews.com...

Looks like things are about to really get hot in the nation. With all of the controversy over the Arizona Immigration Bill, and this added to the mix, could we actually see the beginnings of a civil war over states rights vs federal rights again?

I can guarantee the fight is on. Full tilt boogey for Tenth Amendment and Nullification of Unfair Federal Laws.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Kind of useless. Our cuban illegal immigrants can bypass this law as soon as they touch american soil.

The other immigrants... well there's alot of central and south americans here. they might get sent back. we'll see how it plays out.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That's it for info? One short paragraph that doesn't say much?? Or did I miss the 'read more' thingy???

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Try this link

www.foxnews.com...

Sorry

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thank you very much! I'm a Floridian and I say ROCK ON! I have friends here from other coutries who have paid thru the nose to be legal citizens. I think laws that cater to illegals insult THEM even more than Americans!!

And THIS just slays me...

The unveiling comes after Virginia State Attorney Ken Cuccinelli last week issued a ruling saying police can ask people about their immigration status during routine stops. The move prompted an objection from the American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia, which urged state police to ignore the opinion.

I'm just wondering when the ACLU is going to start jumping thru their a$$es for LEGAL Americans!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Majority of Cubans and other Latin Americans enter America through the legal immigration channels.

Haitians, not so much.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by textex

Actually, The majority of Cubans do not come legally as there is no legal way for them to do it. They request asylum. They simply show up on the beaches and make the request. Why do you think the Coast Guard works so diligently to turn them away.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The Florida proposal would, like Arizona's, require law enforcement officers to check the residency status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant in the course of a "lawful stop."

Im in Central Florida and the LEO's are out everywhere. They run tags day and night. They already pull us over left and right.

I was going 51mph in a 45mph zone and that was all it took. They don't racial profile here, they human profile

If you are human, your going to be pulled over!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by textex

I also gotta say after thinking about it the majority of Latin Americans don't either considering the fact that Mexico is part of Latin America

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Florida has some of the most ruthless cops in the USA. They pull everyone over for anything, or nothing at all. They literally are out to raise revenue and harass. They are also some of the worst when it comes to racial profiling, violence, and abuses.

It will be interesting how this plays out, especially with all the very nice houses along Florida's beaches that most likely have a few illegals maintaining the landscaping and interior of these properties.

This is nothing more than an underhanded way to close tons of schools and fire thousands of teachers. If those of Hispanic descent fear for their safety due to law enforcement thugs being "empowered" to harass, they will leave. They will also bring their families, many including children. I suppose that is one way to save some money in the budget while turning the state into a lock-down prison state.

I suppose it does fulfill two main goals of the Republican party of Florida, to attack education and any persons of color.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Florida's primary economy is tourism.

It is the duty and obligation of Florida police officers to protect tourists and tourism.

When gangsters are busted for trying to mug a tourist, they tend to yell "Police Brutality."

To whit the citizens of Florida generally applaud the work of the police in keeping tourism in Florida alive and vibrant.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

What you said is really trolling.

This is not a political debate about republicans vs democrats. This is about a law that is being passed in Florida, it's consequences, and states rights vs federal powers. I agree that there are abuses of power however.

But ask yourself is it our job to pay for people who come here ILLEGALLY. We are asked to pay for their education, social security, welfare, provide jobs, and even their imprisonment when they break the law.

I don't want to see racial profiling, but if we can not afford these things for our own people right now, how do you expect to pay for all of the illegals.

Now if they are willing to come here, pay the bills to become a real citizen and learn the language I have no problem with that.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by textex
Majority of Cubans and other Latin Americans enter America through the legal immigration channels.

Haitians, not so much.

Most folks from these nations (especially Cuba and Haiti) come to the US legally through the REFUGEE program, not through illegal immigration.

They are considered bona fide refugees if they can reach the American shoreline from Cuba. If they get intercepted on the way, they get sent back.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes, that is pretty much what I said when I said they request aslyum. It is still illegal for them to come. But we grant them amnestity because of our dissagrements with Castro.

Pardon my spelling. I am in a hurry

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by DJM8507

What you said is really trolling.

This is not a political debate about republicans vs democrats. This is about a law that is being passed in Florida, it's consequences, and states rights vs federal powers. I agree that there are abuses of power however.

But ask yourself is it our job to pay for people who come here ILLEGALLY. We are asked to pay for their education, social security, welfare, provide jobs, and even their imprisonment when they break the law.

I don't want to see racial profiling, but if we can not afford these things for our own people right now, how do you expect to pay for all of the illegals.

Now if they are willing to come here, pay the bills to become a real citizen and learn the language I have no problem with that.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by russ212]

If they ask for citizenship ID from EVERYONE who gets stopped by the police, then there wouldn't be any racial profiling. Everyone would get treated the same way.

I'd love to see them implement Dr Ron Paul's idea of scrapping income tax and replacing it with a flat sales tax on all products and services. That way, EVERYONE (including illegal immigrants) would contribute to the taxation base of the country). The rich would still pay more (after all, they buy more) and corporations would now get taxed the same as everyone else (after all, they need to buy supplies as well). This would be the fairest tax implementation in the history of the United States, or for any other country that decides to do this.

It would encourage personal savings. After all, you would only get taxed if you bought anything. You wouldn't get taxed on income. It would also encourage investment if there was no income tax on personal gains, only on items purchased with the money made on investments.

It would save the Government however many billions a year they spend on the IRS. They wouldn't need to track down deadbeats - there would be no such thing as a tax deadbeat. No jail time for people who don't pay taxes, no need to house those extra inmates created due to tax fraud.

No need to file income tax returns each year. No such thing as avoiding paying taxes, unless you made absolutely NO purchases.

I'm Canadian, and would vote for ANY Canadian Candidate who ran on this political platform, regardless of which party they are with.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by textex

Haitians, not so much.

The majority of Cubans become political refugees as soon as they touchdown in the United States, that doesn't necessarily make them any less "illegal" then any other group of people coming here from other countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
The majority of Cubans become political refugees as soon as they touchdown in the United States, that doesn't necessarily make them any less "illegal" then any other group of people coming here from other countries.

That doesn't make sense. Once they're verified and processed as a refugee they're given a green card and they're legal residents.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The fact is we give them amnisty even though they don't not come through legal channels. This is different than the way the Mexicans come, but if we didn't do this we could put use this as more leverage on Cuba. It works against us in this situation too.

new topics

top topics

join