It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTv's "If You Really Knew Me" - satanic ritual indoctrination??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
MTv

I saw this show on Saturday and was more than a little disturbed. I found this little writeup online that describes what the show is about and basically my reaction to it:

so i came across a new show on mtv.
its called "If you really knew me"
so ive heard before it was a show on mtv
it was an emmy winning documentary however i
didnt care enough to see if that was true.
anyways....here's the link: www.mtv.com... ... list.jhtml

now at first glance you'd think this show was inspiring and is sending a beautiful message to our youth. [which i THOUGHT was the case]
but me being me, and always looking for symbolism in anything i see or hear, i've noticed a few things a little shady about the show.
for starters, the organizers of the program tell the children to throw up the devil horns [the rock &roll sign] if they feel or understand someones pain.
WHY? those kids probably dont even know the dark symbolism in that sign and what it really represents. out of all the hand gestures they could've used they decide one that is for satan is the best.

secondly, its almost like theyre being programed right in front of our eyes.
theyre sharing really deep dark secrets to other classmates. its almost like forced public humiliation. they're also reliving traumatizing things in their past.
the way i see it: they break these kids down emotionally then build them back up.

Vigilant Citizen

Kids flashing devil signs at each other after an emotionally draining group session with their peers. Two adult counselors flashing devil signs with both hands while standing behind one girl talking on the microphone. It's funny how the one hand sign they pick to represent having love for the other person just happens to be that one.....yeah right!

Can't use the University of Texas fan excuse with this one can we.

Has anyone else seen this show? Thoughts?

Peace

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I've got a question:

Are you sure they use the "rock hands" to "show love" or the "i love you" gesture that is rock hands plus a thumb.

The reason I ask is because I have seen multiple commercials for this show, and each time it looked to me like the "I love you" gesture. I tried to check out the video but it isn't currently working.

Regardless, I see it as another MTV show about "real feelings"

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Also, the "devil hands" isn't really what you think. What you think it is is what it was made out to be in the 1980's after Dio popularized the hand sign during his time with Black Sabbath. It is literally protection from the evil eye.

Here I'll let the master tell you himself:

I wouldn't look too far into this buddy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is the sign for “I love you” not the devil horns sign, though I have known people to have trouble using the thumb so it is not as pronounced, so it tends to look like the devil horns and some people are lazy and the devil horns sign is used, though it was not their original intent.

When you show signs to kids, they don’t always understand the meaning behind the signs and how to do them properly which can also result in some of the children using devil horns instead of the “I love you” sign as well, but it is intended to have been the “I love you” sign.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Didn't notice the thumbs. Regardless, the thumb-in/thumb-out thing is just a ruse.

I can just see this fad taking off on a mainstream scale with kids.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yeah, bullies are learning why they are bullies and how to have empathy. Stuck up kids are learning that life sucks for everyone and the best shoes does not make you a better person. The jocks are learning why nerds can be cool, etc. It is a terrible idea and must be stopped. If this is allowed to continune, children in high schools all over the country might start getting along and hanging out in more diverse groups. Then high school musicals will be so much harder to theme.

Have you even watched or just read this silly write up?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Yes it wasn’t originally devil horns, but it is now how it is recognized. Unfortunately popularizations of signs and symbols tends to take them from their original meaning to what they are now popularized to be.

The schwashtica was once a symbol of peace, it meant protection (if I remember correctly), and now it is a symbol of hatred.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The First episode was my high school i went to, Freedom High. It was funny to see my teachers and friends younger brothers and sisters on the show. Pritty much everything about the grouping of clicks was true and quite funny.

I remember we had challange day come every year but it never changed anything. I still throw stuff at the A quaders from Sr. hill.
good ol high school days. I would not dare do that to anyone now. was kinda messed up

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

It is not a ruse, the "I love you" sign, is a sign used by the deaf or hard of hearing for a long time now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, I watched the whole thing minus about five minutes.

reply to post by AlienCarnage

As far as I could tell none of the kids were deaf or hard of hearing, and just as you said, in time kids will get lazy with the thumb and the gesture will take on a different meaning.

Some people will see this as innocent, while I see it as a trick being played on vulnerable kids. Afterall, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That is quite a prediction. How do you know laziness will not result in dropping the pinky?

How can it take on a whole new meaning just by changing the fingers? Meaning can only be put into it through intention. How many of those kids do you think actually even believe in the devil? How many are thinking of the devil? What devilish things have you seen as a result?

So other than the prediction that they will drop their thumbs thus meaning something they have no intention to mean, what is going here?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

Why do they even need a hand sign? They just spoke openly about themselves in front of a large group of their peers, actually saying "love", "I love you", or some form of that shouldn't be that big of a problem in the future and it's a hell of a lot more therapeutic?

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
reply to post by c g henderson

Why do they even need a hand sign?

Who said they need one? Why do they need to discuss a higher power at AA? You can find rituals in anything that people do as a group more than once, especially when it comes to therapies. It is part of the game. Are all rituals evil? Are Christian rituals evil? What about the hand signs? Why do I need to move my hand while I say the holy trinity? What is that all about? I did not see anything that said these hand signs were an integral part that must be followed in order for anyone to get help. It was just a physical manifestation of group think. I know, that sounds evil right off the bat too huh? How could a whole group thinking about love be good?

They just spoke openly about themselves in front of a large group of their peers, actually saying "love", "I love you", or some form of that shouldn't be that big of a problem in the future and it's a hell of a lot more therapeutic?

Peace

So what is the problem? What evil did you witness aside from your perception of what a hand signal means? It sounds to me like you are describing a rather inocuous event with a positive intention that somehow seems tainted just because of the hand signs? Is that it?

new topics

top topics

join