It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans will never beat their own Government!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here is the wikipedia page for the United States government, in case anyone need to refresh themselve.

I distinctly remember being taught the functioning of the US government in 6th grade but found it boring because I was ignorant then. Now that I am a sophmore at my local community college I find that I am much more aware about the gears that run the worlds events and pay much more attention to politics.

Perhaps students should be agressively taught the workings of the American government at the end of high school, when they are more self-aware then they were when they were younger.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xammu

Perhaps students should be agressively taught the workings of the American government at the end of high school, when they are more self-aware then they were when they were younger.

Whoops, but then they might question what they are being told.

No self respecting controller would want his subjects to question the doctrine, now would they? It was all probably figured out quite thoroughly -- get them before they can think for themselves. Yes!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
thu publik ejucashun is sutch a suksess!

Explore the true history of public education in America and it will become abundantly clear that an idiotic and ignorant populace was the goal, now achieved. It is in every government's self-preservative interest to do everything in its power to dumb-down its population. It would be self-injurious for any state not to do so. Those who manage to develop above-average intelligence are nonetheless thoroughly indoctrinated by pro-state or outright state-controlled educational institutions; they are permitted to be intelligent so long as they use their intelligence in government-approved ways.

As far as the state is concerned, public education is a rousing success. It is destruction by design.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
its true.
we the sheeple are afraid we wont get our welfare and retirement checks if we stand up to the club.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The government will defeat itself, these are sociopaths they will destroy themselves. If you've ever read a book about sociopaths/psychopaths, you'd know that they destroy themselves just as much, sometimes even more than other people. They only got this far because every time one of them went dysfunctional, the others picked up the slack, now the stakes are too high, and they' been functional for too long, they can't pull it off forever.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

HOW can WE non Americans rely on you Americans to help fight for freedom against our oppressors the governments.

STOP. Relying on us. How about that?

Deal with your own "oppressors", and don't overly concern yourself with our mess. It's a mess, yes, but it's OUR mess.

Why not address your own country's issues? You can begin by trying to figure out how to fight for "freedom against.....oppressors" since you apparently believe yourself to have all the answers.

Peace starts at home, you know.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by username000
The government will defeat itself, these are sociopaths they will destroy themselves. If you've ever read a book about sociopaths/psychopaths, you'd know that they destroy themselves just as much, sometimes even more than other people. They only got this far because every time one of them went dysfunctional, the others picked up the slack, now the stakes are too high, and they' been functional for too long, they can't pull it off forever.

This is a very bad statement. Sociopaths and or Psychopaths as you call them are not always destroying themselves. In fact to get the be the CEO of a fortune 500 company one will have very similar traits as a sociopath and sometime similar traits of Psychopaths. There is a distinct difference and by lumping them together you are not doing them justice on how well they blend and assimilate into our society.

The government has not shown any signs it is going t to destroy itself unless it is something they are planning and then it will be for a reason. They have control of the money and the people. Therefore unless Americans stand and fight this now laws like the Patriot Act will serve as nothing more than imprisoning every American citizen in a bubble of fear.

On one hand they show you "freedom under their rule"
On the other they show you FEMA camps.

Its that simple for them right now. What can you do? Well you can bring down their corporations, therefore their money line by somehow organizing nations wide strikes. No one go to work for 5 days. This one act would almost collapse the US economy, they could not take to many hit. They could not jail the entire country as there is not enough room and two you lot can defend yourselves with Guns. The right to have arms is your saving grace. Its worth someone trying to do this. If anything you may become a modern day Robin Hood or a national hero. they may even name a holiday after you

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

Originally posted by username000

No one go to work for 5 days. This one act would almost collapse the US economy, they could not take to many hit. They could not jail the entire country as there is not enough room and two you lot can defend yourselves with Guns. The right to have arms is your saving grace. Its worth someone trying to do this. If anything you may become a modern day Robin Hood or a national hero. they may even name a holiday after you

Its funny you should mention that, I had the idea that a national "quit your job" day might do some good if someone was willing to organize it. Also, I disagree with your first part. They are constantly destroying themselves, destruction is a key tool of theirs, and not a very smart one. Sure, sometimes its on purpose, but if you know anything about psychopaths/sociopaths, they are constantly getting themselves into trouble, they are prone to risky behavior. The only reason some are more functional, is because they have money and connections and power, so when they get themselves into trouble, they get bailed out by their friends and family. This is truly what separates the low-functioning from the high-functioning. Read a book about psychopathy, you'll find they run a vicious cycle of functioning and nonfunctioning. Nothing pleases them, so as soon as they get a reward, they squander it. The only reason they have gotten this far is because there are so many of them covering for each other, but eventually their luck is going to run out.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I want you to name another country other than America, that is CONTINUALLY trying to weed out their "corrupt politicians" as much as Americans are trying to do right now. I want you to name one other country that is continuing to defy their government as much as the American citizens are. I want you to name a country that has the balls to stand up to their government like our citizens do. I want you to name one other country that continues to tell the government NO on intruding into their personal life. I want you to name me one country that is on the verge of taking over their government , Or even at least just 'talking about it'.
I want you to name me one country that is putting as much pressure on their governments as much as the people of this country are doing.
We, as a people of this nation, have not stopped fighting our government since we have had our government.

What more do you want us to do? Get out our guns, and start taking people out the old fashioned way? What will that solve? All that will do is create more violence for the people of this nation, as if we are not already torn apart enough from all of the BS we have to deal with already from everyone around the world who think they know whats best for us to do ,when we are the ones that have been putting foot to ass for the better part of a century.
If our current administration farts in the wind, you know damned well someone is going to pick up on it, and in less than 5 minutes, everyone around the world will know about the stank it created.

Now we may not be a perfect nation, far from it, we have our problems just like everyone else. Although, it is funny to me, as much as non-americans like to call Americans "stupid" and "lazy"(or what have you), then at the same time, they turn around and say "Come on America, you must save the world, you are our only hope" kinda crap.

As awesome as America is, we can only do so much.

Other nations, instead of trying to rely on America so much, should start relying on themselves more, and believing in themselves and the people around them. Its easy to say "well I signed all my rights away, what can I do?".... But its a lot harder and takes more guts to say "Well I signed allmy rights away, but I now believe it is time to fight for those rights back". THE PEOPLE hold the power, they just choose not to represent themselves in the best manner possible, rather then to just let someone else run your lives for you.

you also have to remember, that CASH IS KING. Cash knows NO border.
What you are dealing with now, is not an 'American Only' problem, what you are dealing with is a "its everyones problem". Those drug lords that run your cities in big bad mansions, while your families wait in line toget 3 pieces of bread(that of which should be 2 loafs, but by the time the drug lords got a hold of it, it is now only 3 pieces)just sitting back laughing at their OWN people. WE ALL rely on those people who steal from us(kinda funny aint it).

So, let me just tell you, us Americans, are not as dumb as you would like to think we are. And to tell you the truth, when we continually hear people saying such things, it really turns us off in wanting to help. Its easy to bitch at us while you are comfortable sitting in your living room, but try bitching about us when we are there by your side fighting whatever stupid war you dragged us into because you couldnt get along with your neighbors and you needed "superior firepower". Us stupid Americans will always be there to protect those that need our help, we are not afraid. Its just that when we do help, its never 'good enough' for certain people, or that its 'just too much'. Either or, when we try helping, all we get is backhanded insults by people who would at that time would have been otherwise dead or in a worse off position than they were if we werent there.

So if you ask me, if Americans really wanted to help out the rest of the world, we would start by bringing back all of our troops, from all countries, and start letting other "countrymen" fight their own battles for once.
We are tapped out, and if you think that we are the last hope for you, than you are already doomed. HELP YOURSELVES, we cant do it for you, we have our own problems to deal with(as you can tell).

And to clarify- this post isnt a post to insult you or anything like that, I am not talking just to you, i am talking about all those people who refuse to acknowledge that they themselves have a bigger hand in the game than they realize.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

No country is perfect, after all it is people in charge and we are all not that different from one another regardless of nationality or race. I think that you will find some, however, like Frenchmen and women are far more likely to go on national strike to protest an issue than are Americans. The British went way further than Americans in questioning their government's actions about the war in Iraq. How long did the protests go on this summer in Indonesia? Were there any protests worth noting in America?

While some have gotten accustomed to America taking charge in world affairs most citizens of the world would like nothing better than for you to stay home and mind your own business. Unfortunately that decision is not yours, or ours to make.

The PTB have that right and ability pretty much all to themselves.

You and I are just the meat in their grinder. Most people go willingly into that grinder. Those who don't become targets, no matter which country, for the system to crush and destroy. Just watch what your country is about to do to the soldier who leaked the videos. And who will defend him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join