It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oldest lie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head

[edit on 11-8-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

sorry but the premises you set out pretty much cripple any hope for intelligent debate

and from the sounds of it, you aren't capable of attempting to decipher "the oldest lie" since you are so quick to believe the lies that Christianity spew, not that i am singling out Christians as any of the mono-theistic religions are just as bad

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 2

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
There are many interpretations of the Bible, and while we'll try keep dogma out of this, the Bible is the one "source" that we should all agree on......

......Thoughts?

My thoughts: Why should we all agree on the Bible as the one 'source'?

Source of what?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Just my opinion, this seems more like a blog on your religious tenets - followed by the word "thoughts?" than it does any sort of invitation to debate. In fact you precluded most debate areas in the first paragraph of the post.

*edited to fix missed keystroke*

[edit on 8/11/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 3

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Wow. Quite an assumption that a couple of sentences might represent to you what I do and do not understand. If you reread your own OP you will see that you specifically asked people NOT to debate those very things in this thread.

I happen to believe in God and, if you ask me, the biggest lie in Christianity is the assumption that most Christians even begin to understand their own religion - such as the fact that Christ stood for love, tolerance, compassion, and equality amongst all people. Traits that your baiting and aggressive nature seem to lack.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Never mind....

I have to quit my ambitions to understand religion...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Just a note on the first lie..."You will not surely die"...This is a sign of false religion...saying that your soul will live in heaven or burn in hell for all eternity...instead of just dying.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadpoolPete

hate hate rant hate rant rubbish.

Do you have anything intelligent to add?

hmmm ok... something intelligent to add?

to be honest i think it would be completely wasted on you

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 4

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

Well, it's one source of information

Yes, it is one source of information. On that basic fact we can probably all agree, but when we come to the reliability of that information there is no way there is a consensus.

Personally, I don't pay it much mind and I don't consider myself to be 'as god' as I don't consider there to be such an entity.

This doesn't make me a bad person, nor does it instantly diminish what I have to say. What could diminish what I have to say is HOW I say it.

Anyway, the oldest lie was probably something more like " don't worry honey, this won't hurt a bit!"

[edit on 11-8-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Surely the starting point of this would have to be if you think there is a god or not, and the evidence to support it?

The great debate, one which will never be solved, as in our present state we can never be sure 100% one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
well your saying that the one source is the bible and we must take that as a constant. but and this is a big but. I worship god to so playing devils advocate here. your asking for me or rather us to take that this book is valid. but its been proven many times over the the church or church's have taken out of and added books and re written the bible many times over. so the lie would be? the serpent is real we are god or that the church has re written the bible so many times that we don't have any ideal what it really says?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 5

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 6

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

There are more lies in the Bible. BUt the problem is most people dont see it even when they read it. Because people dont understand what they read.

I usually use the Old testament it describes Lord God for what kind of God he really is. The Bible is about two Gods. "God and Lord God".

God creates Heaven and Earth and all living things. "Genesis Chapter 1".

Genesis Chapter 2.

Lord God forms man of the dust on the ground.

Lord God plants a garden eastwards in Eden and puts his man in it.

The verse where Lord God plants his garden eastwards in Eden clearly say that Eden existed before he planted his garden. That means Genesis Chapter one adds up with God creating heaven and earth, with all living things including Man.

Now there was a serpent in the garden.

1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Who is the serpent that Lord God had made? If God saw that everything was good after he had created heaven and earth. Why wont people react about the Man Lord God formed of the dust on the ground?

A serpent, a snake is also used to describe slimy people with bad intentions.

I modern term, a serpent would be a ass kisser.

God never created such people. Because God created man in his own image.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Per your question, it's my understanding that God no longer interacts with us in an Old Testament way because Jesus fullfilled the old covenant and established a new one. We no longer live under the law, we now live under grace.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The sanest thing i've heard all day sir, THANK YOU!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
roflmfao....

you set people up. there is not going to be any debate. you call people stupid when they don't say what you want? so asking for debate than yelling at people isn't very nice when you say you want to debate. so I guess the point is there is not point in debating with you because your setting them up to fail so whats the point?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join