It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This seems unlikely. In order for something to lose buoyancy it has to flood with water. An air bubble rising out of the water would displace water and anything floating on it, meaning it would push the water out of the way along with whatever ship was floating in it.

Since the advent of modern navigational techniques I don't hear very many stories about the Bermuda Triangle. If you can find stories of stuff since GPS became widely used, we will have something to discuss. If not I blame it on faulty primitive navigation.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How could even begin to argue that gas bubbles sinking ships are the answer to the Bermuda Triangle's mysteries? What about the planes? That pretty much destroys any argument you make about it being "solved" It's not just ships that go down..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Feisty one, you are.

First and foremost, Flight 19. I have thoroughly covered this topic already in the thread. Go back and have a gander

Magnetic anomalies certainly are of interest to me. The one that occurs in the show you linked isn't, simply because it is far too vague and undocumented to be taken seriously.

There are many reasons why a compass may give unusual readings - first of all, variance. Variance is the difference between magnetic North and geographic North. In some areas of the world, the difference between magnetic and geographic North is great enough to cause false readings. The variation between the two readings is known as magnetic declination (or compass variation), which can change by as much as 20 degrees as you move across the globe.

As a result of this, compass recalibration needs to be taken into account.

It is a very interesting piece of evidence that deserves more analysis, but not going on what that TV show presented.

Missing persons? I did watch the videos and all I saw was a couple of people claim that relatives/friends went out to sea (either on a boat or plane) and were never seen again. So what? Many, many people go missing without a trace at sea all over the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Dragon triangle anyone? I bet you guys have heard about it too, and the funny thing is that its placed exactly in the opposite side on the globe. Many weird stories on that one too, but it never got as much attention as the Bermuda Triangle, though I think it has been a bit more deadly and dangerous.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I have heard of that, but never really gave it too much thought. Quick search of Wikipedia reveals it's also known as the Devil's Sea about 100m south of Tokyo.

The Devil's Sea (魔の海 Ma no Umi?), also known as the Dragon's Triangle, the Formosa Triangle (Traditional Chinese: 福爾摩沙三角; Simplified Chinese: 福尔摩沙三角; pinyin: Fúěrmóshā Sānjiǎo) and the "Pacific Bermuda Triangle", is a region of the Pacific around Miyake Island, about 100 km south of Tokyo. The size and area varies with the report (the only reports stem from the 1950s), with various reports placing it 70 miles (110 km) from an unspecified part of Japan's east coast, 300 miles (480 km) from the coast, and even near Iwo Jima, 750 miles (1,210 km) from the coast.(Kusche:259-260)

The story is apparently based on a few articles published in Japanese newspapers in January 1955 of nine boats lost from unknown causes. Of these one was lost due to a volcano or tidal wave, another sent an SOS. The other seven boats were small fishing boats lost between April 1949 and October 1953 somewhere between Miyake Island and Iwo Jima, a distance of 750 miles.(Kusche: 258)

Sounds like there isn't too much on it. I'll keep searching for more.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
just a little more curiosity in regards the phenomenon... a few years back my wife and i went on a cruise and we skirted the edge of the triangle. all of our electronic devices went haywire temporarily....cell phones, digital watch and a camera. etc. nothing worked properly or had the correct time. it was very interesting. anyways, just our two cents.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Years ago , a friend told me that while he was in the marines their ship was set to travel through the BT , and the Captain(?) called all of them on deck . He swears that as soon as they entered the BT the surface of the ocean became calm and smooth as glass .

This guy also told me he and others were playing with a ouija board one night and a shoe came flying down the hall . Wasn't such a mystery once we figured out that it was an Air Nike .

Okay , yea , I know . But I had to do it . Couldn't help myself .

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Hi... I am new to the forum.... and found the Bermuda triangle thread very interesting ...I believe I had the same tapes Texas Tig was talking about..... I would like to talk with you if possible so if you are online please make contact with me ~ name: Hephzi-bah
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Planes found but not the famed squadron 19

So back in 1991 they thought they had found squadron 19. They found 5 Avenger style aircraft within a 1.5 mile radius of each other off the Florida coast. Upon, further inspection of the tag numbers, etc.. it turns out to be 5 different aircraft. All crashed on different dates (during WWII) in this small area. I could see the "methane bubble" if big enough(granted it only takes 1% of methane atmosphere to stall the engines of the avenger craft, but it would have to cover all 5 craft and be an area they couldn't just fly through) and occurring at the time 5 planes were going overhead causing the crash, but besides the squadron 19 event, and the subsequent search plane going down, we have these other 5 planes going down at different dates. I was watching Dive to Bermuda Triangle (originally a discovery channel show, but I caught a rerun of it on the History channel) and one of the guys said that finding these 5 planes in such a close proximity to one another would be like getting struck by lightning while hitting a whole in one while having a winning lottery ticket in your pocket. Just think about how big the ocean is, then picture the small area these planes were found in. The 5 planes found, were not in the "known methane area" of the triangle and there is no "pot marks" showing that a methane release occurred. My main point is that these 5 planes crashed on different dates in the same small area, without explanation other than engine failure, instrument failure, etc..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join