It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans are being bought by Wall Street once again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Interesting article...

Two Thirds Of Wall Street Donations Now Go To Republicans As Democrats Get Least Contributions Since May 2008

According to the most recent study by the Center for Responsive Politics, Wall Street has completely given up on Democrats, even as contributions to Republicans have surged to a near multi-year record, or 68% of total. After donations hit parity in December 2009, following a gradual decline from a record Democrat preference in March of 2009, the spread between Wall Street charity to Democrats and Republicans has hit nearly 40% in the GOP's favor. Per OpenSecrets: "The Center's preliminary study indicates that political action committees and individuals associated with the broad finance, insurance and real estate sector have given more money to federal-level Republican interests during every month since December. The gap continued to grow during that time, reaching its widest point in June."

I think it's kinda worthless to say that both parties are bought by Wall Street... it's just a reminder that Wall Street have now switched parties once again because they know the democrats will lose.

Anyway, it's still gonna be republicans = democrats.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think these breaking news threads are for "news."

Sadly there is nothing new here, just a confirmation of the facts we already knew.

Good to point it out though I don't know how much good it will do. People think the GOP will hang on to their savings for them.

Ohhh... I have a cramp...too funny!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yep. Can't trust myself to say more. Thanks for a heads up on this article.

Here's another good one from Rolling Stone...the pic alone is worth the trip...Wall Street's Big Win.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Are you referring to Republicans being bought by Wall Street as something we already knew? I thought that was the way it usually was, too. The Republicans getting the most.

But, I was surprised to find out that it was the Democrats getting the most money from Wall Street, as the American economy was crumbling.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now it seems it's back to normal. Whew! (Sarcasm)

Edited to indicate I was being a bit sarcastic with my previous last line.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wall Street funds BOTH political parties and our "elected representatives" participate in grand theft on a daily basis as all of us argue "Left this" and "Right that". Until the citizens of the US get a clue and understand that BOTH parties are robbing the American people blind and supporting the SAME paymasters nothing will be solved.

Hopefully your thread will not be hi-jacked by Left and Right supporters who "rally" around a political party like a "Sports Team". If you tolerate corruption because it is "your team" then you are an idiot. If you tolerate deciept and lies if it is "Your Team" then you are a fool and a liar yourself. This is not a competitive sports game for entertainment. Peoples lives and our children's future hang in the balance. Don't let the elite of this nation keep you from demanding solutions and transparency from our lawmakers. Don't allow lawmakers to have a "pass" because of the D or R after their name. Stop playing the game and demand solutions and accountability. Demand term limits and vote out long term incumbents.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Oww. I still have that cramp. You guys really keep me going I can hardly catch a breath from laughing.

Dems cheat on their taxes and their wives, like all of us...Sometimes they even misunderstand the tax laws, like all of us. This is not so hard to understand. I got money back two years in a row because my stupid boyfriend did my tax returns. Thank goodness the government is so far...honest and gave me my money back. $300 one time and $215 another!

Yeah... Here we are, getting rich.
Still, I don't think Robin Leach would give me a second glance.

And until philanthropy becomes a popular passion again (and it went out with high buckle boots) - I think we should tax the wealthy.

After all, it is yours and my money they have dubiously acquired.

And I can't remember the last time I got my moneys worth...

...so they owe me.

They owe all of us who helped them climb up there to the top of the pile.

I bought that shlt... and turned out to be deadly poisonous, or it broke!

MF's

[edit on 10-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yup, nothing really new. Wall Street bought off the Dems in a gamble for what ever reason an lost and put us in the mess were in now. Now Wall Street is buying the Reps in the hopes they can get us out of the mess.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
it's just a reminder that Wall Street have now switched parties once again because they know the democrats will lose.

Or because democrats are pushing for financial reform and more regulation?

And people say that Obama is in bed with Wallstreet or whatever.

new topics

top topics

join