It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems digest food stamp cuts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh well, I guess they HAVE to pay for the bribes to the unions some how, might just as well take it from the food stamps. Also, supposedly being deficit neutral, it will take ten years to pay for it. Where have I heard that before?

Here is the link-Dems digest food stamp cuts

A snippet-

As they prepare to slash food stamps to pay for Medicaid and teachers’ salaries, House Democrats are facing up to a harsh reality: To save some social programs, they’ll have to sacrifice others.

“This is a bitter pill to swallow,” Connecticut Rep. Rosa DeLauro, chairwoman of the subcommittee that funds Agriculture Committee programs, said in a statement Monday. “As you can imagine, for me personally, it’s like ‘Sophie’s Choice.’”

Let me see, who are they throwing under the bus THIS time for their UNION buddies?

What about the children?!

So, what does everybody think, do you think that instead of paying for the WARS, or their BRIBES to their banker buddies, or the bailouts of FOREIGN governments and their banks, or the TRIP to Spain, maybe, just maybe the government is telling the country-

Let them eat NOTHING!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrannyispeace

my take is taking the food out of the mouths of babes to keep the fatcat union teachers jobs....

heres a thought to borrow phrase ..."mr obama at some point youve taken enough"

maybe this will turn out for the best and acutually get people off government dependency.

however for some the nightmare is just beginning.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think we have not begun to fight.

Wait a minute I got that wrong.

I think we have not begun to suffer.

There, that fits better.

Something, sooner or later is going to wake up the public. Maybe when they are standing in bread lines? Probably not, they will be bribed enough to think that everything is fine. Until of course, the whole thing collapses and then they begin to look at ANYONE that has a slight advantage, then all hell will break lose.

ALL, planned from the beginning.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrannyispeace

you would think they would but the america i remember never got on her knees and took crap from noone and nothing....

but eh im old just a forgotten relic of the past days of yesteryear.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Kids won't be eating so why increase teachers pay, they won't be well enough to attend school. And of course the other jerks have to fill their bank accounts a little more. I am not one for Govt assistance necessarily but in this case it will effect children, so not right!!

new topics

top topics

join