It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House in dispute with 'professional left'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Here's the AP release:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Gibbs is tilting with strawmen for the sake of the administration. I see this as a thinly veiled attempt to give the impression that the Obama administration is not as leftist as many perceive them to be. Politics never ends, this is not unexpected. The country makes noise that it's moving right, the administration at least verbally follows as much as they dare. Every little bit helps as the Dems could lose upwards of 40 congressional seats in November. With all of the issues Gibbs could address, with all of the leftist decisions that have come to pass in the last few weeks and months, he chooses the "far left" as the target of his wrath. He "doth protest too much". Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I think they realize that Obama has fried his relationship with the liberal base and they are going to try to count on "fence-sitters" and black voters to carry him through 2012. The Obama admin realizes that there is no hope to get that liberal base back, especially seeing how he has just been a continuation of Bush. Even if he were to take some drastic measure to appease the far left, that wouldn't be enough. Because of this, it appears they are distancing themselves from that base and catering to the centrists, politically uninformed and black voters. That's my take anyway.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"Professional Left?" That's an oxymoron, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

There's some truth here. Obama's going to have a harder time with liberal voters than most people realize.

Then again, I keep hearing Hillary gunning for 2012 and I feel like not voting at all. Republican and Democrat, one and the same.

Cue the Who song, "Won't Get Fooled Again".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If Obama really does not want to be seen as a continuation of Bush, why does he simply stop carrying on Bush's bad policies? Here's a though: follow through on your campaign policies, Obama.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I highly doubt that Hillary will run against an incumbant. Even if Obama loses his lefty base, he still has a very strong bloc with minority voters who will vote for him simply due to his skin color. That in of itself makes Obama golden.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, doggey. I hear a bunch of them there Professional Liberals call Obama 'Obusho.'

Them there Professional Liberals are getting to hate Democrats as much as they hate Republicans.

Like this email I received from a Professional Liberal informing me just how angry they all are at both Democrats and Rebublicans.

I can not believe this:
The REPUBLICANS on Capitol Hill voted "NO" to the bill that would give
aid to "911 First Responders" who were injured and struck down ill for
their heroism that day!

THEY VOTED NO BECAUSE IT WOULD MEAN PAYING FOR THAT AID THROUGH TAXES!!!

And the DEMOCRATS?
THEY changed the rules that day...from requiring a SIMPLE MAJORITY to
pass (WHICH THEY GOT) to requiring a 2/3 APPROVAL because THEY did not want any of the money to go to 'ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS' who may have helped us that day!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I posted one on this a little bit ago..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you haven't noticed yet, the Republicans and Democrats are both on the same team. They are only two different sides of the same coin and the coin is a corporate dime. Neither one side has the interests of the people at heart and I truly believe that they only appear to be in opposition to each other in an effort to fool the American people into believing that there is an opposition in the first place. Think about it... They both work together to screw the American people and they are making it just about as obvious as could be. The American two-party political system is about as fake as the politicians themselves.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You mean if Bill Clinton was a Republican, Obama would've been a Republican, too? I kind of thought that all along.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
Gibbs is tilting with strawmen for the sake of the administration. I see this as a thinly veiled attempt to give the impression that the Obama administration is not as leftist as many perceive them to be. Politics never ends, this is not unexpected. The country makes noise that it's moving right, the administration at least verbally follows as much as they dare. Every little bit helps as the Dems could lose upwards of 40 congressional seats in November. With all of the issues Gibbs could address, with all of the leftist decisions that have come to pass in the last few weeks and months, he chooses the "far left" as the target of his wrath. He "doth protest too much". Just my opinion.

Your probably right, Obama has been going down in the polls and our economy is still in the tank and won't be out anytime soon. Obama is going to lean more center than left.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I posted one on this a little bit ago..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry Froggy! I didn't pick up on that, differing headlines.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Sorry, I did a search for professional lefties and nothing came up.

Made my own thread.

I am enjoying the show. The leftist commies in the propaganda profession of media, are coming unglued.

Trying to blame the Repubs for everything from the economy, wars, gitmo, etc.

I find it AMUSING.

Know why the communists cannot run the economy? They think monopoly money solves everything.

Came up with a new slogan, working on the graphics.

Got Wheelbarrow?

I was thinking something like this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3216c658782a.jpg[/atsimg]

I already have a Gadsden flag in my rear window, thinking this one for the other side.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrannyispeace

You know filling pot holes with wheelbarrows full of cash could be a new jobs initiative. You need folks to print the cash, make the wheelbarrows, temporarily repair the infrastructure and then do it all over again when the cash disappears. Wait.... just a minute...... that's already going on..... except for the wheel barrow part. Damn! So very close.

top topics

join