It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help analyzing a dream.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am in a precarious situation at this very moment. I have been having numerous dreams involving the same people. I will tell you about my situation after I receive some feedback from you, the ATS community.

The dream starts out with my ex girlfriend and myself sitting on a couch. The room we are in is not well lit, but it is still bright enough to make out all facial features, shapes and sizes of everything in the room. I believe that there was a medium-sized television and a picture on the wall of the ocean with seagulls flying over some rough seas. We are initiated in small talk. The next event I remember is that she says something to me, then I decided to lean in and go for a kiss. The kiss starts out passionately but, it suddenly turns ice cold. We keep kissing and our lips become colder and colder. The room temperature is normal, it is just the kiss that is abnormal in temperature. To me, it felt like I was deep in the artic circle. This kiss itself physically changed from being passionate, to pecking. It went from warm and passionate involving the tounge to numerous ice cold pecks all on the lips.

After this, everything is normal again. We are now both sitting on her bed enjoying each other's company.

I'm just interested in seeing some of the feedback ATS might respond with.

Thank you and good day,

SmoothRhythm

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

I will tell you about my situation after I receive some feedback from you, the ATS community

You should take this to BTS - otherwise I see you engulfed in flames rather quickly...

It went from warm and passionate involving the tounge

Some things don't need to be shared...and may even detract from worthy input - hence, my post.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would like to have a go if you dont mind?

To me it looks like when you were together you were happy in each others company in the begining of the relationship. But then things changed and you became distant.

The picture of the ruff sea, this could be showing that you had a turbulant relationship when you were together??

The ice cold kiss could show that there is alot of bitterness between you both.

It maybe a sign that you need to let go, there is no hope of it ever working again.

Im no expert, just what i think it could be.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sounds to me you want to get back with her, or you love her but she turns cold when you hint or tell her this?? but when you are just friends everything is just fine... the seagulls and rough seas could represent the relationship at a rough time, and if you are still friends the painting of the seagulls and rough seas indicate that the past is still a problem.

Maybe? maybe im wrong....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It is you who is treating her cold, the subconscious makes you see your shadow, this is generally the revelation of your dark side.

Was it you or your actions that broke the relationship?
Have you got some lose ends to tie up?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm....maybe you are afraid of intimacy. By that I mean emotional intimacy. The passionate kiss is very intimate, but it turns extremely non intimate. Something interfered in the dream with the intimacy......Is there something in your real life that interferes? Do you have trouble expressing your feelings to her? Is there something about you that you don't want to share with her that troubles you?Are you afraid of commitment (is she pressuring you for something) I don't expect you to answer these questions here, I'm just throwing them out so you can consider it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would think that maybe these dreams could be edited memories that engage you in some sort of activity that helps the unknown doctors. I could imagine a whole number of simulated experainces that could assist in some sort of a medical examination.

Maybe this happens to everyone.... but the only people that have the abduction expeiance are the ones resistant to the memory tampering.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It sounds very simply like, both of you will turn very cold toward each other. The relationship will grow very cold. I have noticed that dreams have a way of conveying a message to the conscious, with quite overt symbolism. For example, some years ago, I was briefly friends with this guy and I had a terrible crush/attraction on/to him, and he to me, but we were not supposed to be that friendly, because he was a social worker who was assisting in case managing me. (Horrors! Forbidden fruit! Boundaries!) For sure. One night, I had a horrible dream where I was in a dark room looking at coffins. My 'friend' lay dead in one of the coffins. Not long after that dream, other social workers found out that he was being innapropriate with me. All hell broke loose somewhat, and I was never to see and talk to him again.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm just interested in seeing some of the feedback ATS might respond with.

Ok. my interpretation: You're horny, but you know the ex is an ex for a reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm
This kiss itself physically changed from being passionate, to pecking. It went from warm and passionate involving the tounge to numerous ice cold pecks all on the lips.

Oh wait you said "Ex Girlfriend" Nevermind.

I was about to say...

So whats your problem?
Sounds like a normal marriage to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL.....I'm never getting married!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The answers are only within you as dreams are too personal for others to analyze them in my opinion. Try taking some of the more specific details, especially of your surroundings, such as the medium sized television and the picture on the wall of the ocean with seagulls flying over some rough seas. I speculate there's a load of information in the picture. What do those things mean to you? What do you think of when you see or hear them? You probably observed those details for a good reason. Add the personal detailed meanings to the basic story and what do you get?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
IMO dreams are best interpreted according to emotional content. Meaning what's important is not what happened but how you felt about or responded to what happened in the dream.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Okay, here goes...
An ex-girlfriend signifies the acceptance of certain qualities in them. Think about what you like/dislike in them. They are the same qualities that ur finally acknowledging in yourself.

Couch means you need to clear your mind and thoughts in reference to who you're on the couch with.

TV reflects how your expressing your ideas.

Rough ocean represents emotional turmoil. Seagulls represent your desire to get away from your problems or demands.

Cold kiss denotes affection or harmony. Cold represents feelings about that lover, feelings of being isolation. Maybe being removed from their love and affection??

A made bed means security. An un-made bed indicates certain secrets will be exposed or revealed or carelessness in your sexual behavior.

It's now your job to apply that to yourself and how you're feeling concerning your ex. Let me know what you come up with and how it pertains to you.

Kim

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i had a dream with a seagull flying over the ocean before too and i was with loved ones on a couch in a similar way. but it was eerie. It wasnt a seagull per se, it was a nuclear bomb or missle going over the ocean, with some strange french word on it then the number 17. it was super crazy apocolyptic, and when i woke up, i searched the word on google, and it meant sea gull in french. thats the only conspiracy related connection i can make, which is from my personal expereince. dunno about the icyness though, maybe make a gum commercial?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry I can't make each reply individual. Time is a limited resource to me at the moment.

I like how the interpretations are flowing. Some are overlapping with one another. Lets see if any pertain to my situation, shall we?

Here is the situation.

My ex and I broke up a little over a year and a half ago. She ended it. The entire relationship crumbled from miscommunication by both parties. Closure finally came about a month ago, go figure.

Yes, I have been/am still in love with her and think about her often, even involuntarily.

Yes, we are good friends, but it took a while for me to accept her back into my life. I was devastated after the break up I didn't want anything to do with her. She would try to communicate with me at least once a month or so and still cares a lot for me.

THE KICKER

I'm currently living at her house because I'm waiting on a lease to start for my new apartment. I had to move due to a new job and couldn't find a new place in time to move directly from my old place. Moving in with her was the first time I had seen her since the break up. I've been here about a week and it is like we are a married couple, except there is no physical contact of any kind. It basically feels like the first few weeks of when we first started dating, except we see eachother every day.

I just thought this would be a fun little experiment to see if dream interpretations can actually reflect on the present circumstances in life. You decide.

Thanks for playing,

SmoothRhythm

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You're not getting away with it that easily

The information you posted is to vague...

What was the catalyst that broke the relationship?

What did you do?

You feel guilty about something so spit it out!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
She was undergoing a lot of stress from a new job and some personal issues that randomly surfaced from her parents. She said that she needed some space so she could have some time to herself. I agreed and told her to call me anytime within a week and that we would go from there.

A few days after she said she needed time to herself, I went out to a restaurant to eat with a few good friends of mine. I saw her with two guy friends of hers and one guy that I had never seen before.

I ignored her. I didn't say a single word or even look in her direction because, well, I was respecting her space. She said she'd start the first conversation when she was ready.

Well, it turns out she was heartbroken because I was supposed go over to her table and talk to her with her guy friends.

The next day I asked insisted we talk because I was confused about what was going on. We talked and then she dumped me saying it wouldn't work.

I'm pretty sure something was going on between her and the guy that I had never seen before. I never accused her of anything because that would make me out to be the bad guy. However, her friends were telling me that she was by his side during the entire time she needed her "space".

Needless to say, I couldn't trust her after any of that so I avoided any and all conversations.

Yes, I have dated a few women since then.

Yes, I ended all of the relationships after my ex broke up with me.

No, I am not dating anyone at the moment.

Long story short, her name was "Drama", but I do need a place to stay and I try not to hold any grudges for long periods of time; it isn't healthy.

I guess the only thing I feel guilty about is that I did or did not do something to keep her the first time around.

This should get rid of all the vague areas.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Thanks for opening up

I don't like to make judgments on people who can not answer me back but it seems like in her own mind it was acceptable to twist the facts to condone her actions, it is a protective mechanism for those who cant face responsibility or see things from another persons point of view, rather than be wrong they will manipulate the truth to themselves.

Dignity is the lighthouse that shows self respect the shore,
your home is your island

I hope you get sorted soon,
all the best..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Re. your fourth section beginning with, "Well, it turns out..... -----It turns out that you were supposed to be a mindreader. This is classic. The way women give and recieve communication. Men on the other hand, are totally direct. Men used to tell me from the very beginning, the brutally honest truth concerning him-and-me, but I totally ignored it. A typical woman I was, that way. In every public and private school, there needs to be a MANDATORY class about these two, if-u-will, Martians and Venusians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join