It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Evidence Shows Immigrants Come to Work, Not to Collect Welfare" - The Cato Institute (cato.org)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The overriding impact of immigrants is to strengthen and enrich American culture, increase the total output of the economy, and raise the standard of living of American citizens.

Immigrants are advantageous to the United States for several reasons:
(1) Since they are willing to take a chance in a new land, they are self-selected on the basis on motivation, risk taking, work ethic, and other attributes beneficial to a nation.

(2) They tend to come to the United States during their prime working years (the average age is 28), and they contribute to the workforce and make huge net contributions to old-age entitlement programs, primarily Social Security.

(3) Immigrants tend to fill niches in the labor market where demand is highest relative to supply, complementing rather than directly competing with American workers.

(4) Many immigrants arrive with extremely high skill levels, and virtually all, regardless of skill level, bring a strong desire to work.

(5) Their children tend to reach high levels of achievement in American schools and in society at large.

Additional Books & Info
"National ID Systems," Chapter 29, Cato Handbook for Policymakers, 7th Edition (2009).

"Immigration," Chapter 60, Cato Handbook for Policymakers, 7th Edition (2009).

Plus more at the link Immigration

Interesting thing is they also pay into Social Security and Medicare they will never get to collect as reflected here In 2008, Illegal immigrants paid $13bn into Social Security. They collected only $1bn in benefits. (www.cbpp.org)

Now you can attack me, source (CATO), other people (as I've witnessed in other threads) all you want but the information above is not going anywhere.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by EFGuy]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

But really, this topic will either be totally ignored or be insulted into oblivion.

S+F just to possibly incite an interesting conversation.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Your right, but your either gonna get totally trashed for being an illegal lover or ignored because there facts to go with your comments..... ohhhh well S&F for the effort.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've stayed out of the threads regarding illegal's in the U.S., but now I'm going to state my views.

They are criminals. They commited a CRIME by entering this country in an illegal manner. Each day they are here, they continue to commit a CRIME and therefore, they should be treated accordingly.

With that said, the only solution IMO is for ICE to do their jobs and deport each person who is not here legally. (That includes those with expired visa because they to are breaking the law) That may sound harsh, but I'm tired of people defending the rights of a group of criminals. Our country is under a great deal of strain right now and no matter how one tries to sugarcoat it, they are a burden this country can no longer afford to turn a blind eye to.

I'm sure by me saying this I willed be labeled a republican with no heart, a racist even (I'm mixed race btw)but I don't really care at this point. The facts are the facts and cherry-picking groups to be absolved of a criminal act is nothing short of moronic IMO.

new topics

top topics

join