It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Wikipedia Missing Information To Exclusion of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I read the OP here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And checked today to see if the linked Wikipedia page is still up. It still is, but I want to offer a suggestion in the format it ran through my mind when I first learned of this censorship:

Here’s my thought. If we can get an entry to stick, add a section of “Major Contributors.” Members could add a link to their profile, and also to, say, up to three of their posts. (Let’s find out how much spam we generate. This would be an interesting datum.) I suggest that whoever goes out there and does it, add three others of your choosing (get their U2U permission first, though).

By adding this section, those of us who believe they have something to present and are willing to step forth, can. (A call to electronic arms…?)

I wonder how long it will take – or if it will take at all – to get information about ATS to stick (and be available to all) on Wikipedia…

This is a test. This is only a test. Please star and flag if you agree.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to solicit members of The Above Network, LLC on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with The Above Network, LLC. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s)

Against the rules.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to solicit members of The Above Network, LLC on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with The Above Network, LLC. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s)

Against the rules.

How so, specifically. I read these and still cannot identify the breaking of the rules.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Amaterasu, this would break Wikipedia's own rules, such as NPOV, neutral point of view.

Extremely picky editors and strict rule enforcers would have a whole field day reverting changes added.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Please direct comments to the original topic found here

Closing

top topics

join