It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Digging Mass Graves For U.S. Troops If They Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has dug mass graves in which to bury U.S. troops in case of any American attack on the country, a former commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard said.

The digging of the graves appears to be a show of bravado after the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen, said last week that the U.S. military has a contingency plan to attack Iran, although he thinks a military strike is probably a bad idea.

The U.S. and some of its allies accuse Iran of using its civilian nuclear program as a cover to build nuclear weapons. Iran has denied the charges, saying its nuclear program is geared merely toward generating electricity, not bomb.

More fuel on the fire. Of course this is not a new boast and was made several years ago by the Iranians in the belief that an American invasion was imminent.

However I think you will all agree that the recent events have been escalating tensions far beyond what we experienced at the time the last gauntlet was thrown down.

I'm not sure how you take things down a notch when they get like this, somethings gotta give. Perhaps some other members on ATS have some ideas, as for me I'm stumped

Here is a previous thread about the last remarks for your perusal;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To add more than just this story being recycled check out this thread for some more examples;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit can't believe I forgot to put a link to the article I was referring to;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I imagine the "for U.S. troops" part is a publicity stunt. Judging by the comparative body counts of our previous excursions in the Middle East, I have an idea for which side those graves will be predominantly used.

Please don't mistake this post as support for anything the U.S. has done with troops outside its own borders since, well, ever. Just pointing something out.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

"The mass graves that used to be for burying Saddam's soldiers have now been prepared again for U.S. soldiers, and this is the reason for digging this big number of graves," Moghadam told The Associated Press Television News late Monday. He did not say how many were prepared.

It would appear that these graves have had many intended owners over the years. However this time around freshly dug graves can be seen.

More articles carrying the story;

www.google.com...

www.newstime.co.za...

From the Newstime article this particular statement irritates me;

Reminiscent of the Baghdad regime of Saddam Hussein just prior to invasion, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Iran is daring to pull the tiger’s tail and invite invasion.

Really? Not sure whether they are inviting it or have accepted that it is a realistic possibility so they may as well keep their dignity.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I totally agree, and it will be civilians too not the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Many of the target sites have civilian infrastructure built up around them. It just gets crazier everyday.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lol! I will laugh at them when/if we attack and kill all of those little ignorant bastards! I really think people like that should just be slaughtered like the pigs they are!

P.S. excuse my rantings its early morning and this dumb stunt from the iranians flustered me a bit

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Thanks, Big. I see we're up to step 41 of the Propoganda Playbook.

Adding this to my thread, War on Iran: What Year Is This? . Amazing how many of these "stories" are being recycled.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ahmhinejhad (sp?) is a nut job anyway. He and ol' Kimmy are in the same boat...the crazy one.

My own personal feeling is that if he wants nuclear energy, then let him have it. Ultimately if he has nuclear power, he will have nuclear weapons as well. That is also fine but it needs to me made abundantly clear that if he unleashes any of his weapons that his entire country will be wiped out.

Graves for U.S. Troops? More like his own troops that are going to be wiped out.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah totally, I think the plan was bottled last time around, but it's a good story so no sense in it going to waste

No sign of it on PressTV the Iranian mouth piece yet. Pretty strange wouldn't you agree? I mean it should be national news there too.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Iranians are truly clueless, they really have no idea what they are about to go up against. They should just all commit suicide now as they are going to be massacred anyways.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I think the Iranians are well aware of this themselves. Even without using one, they know as soon as they achieve a nuclear weapon they are done.

That why the whole situation is so ridiculous, they are just becoming big players in the region, they want power, not an apocalyptic war to put the country back 1000 years.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
Judging by the comparative body counts of our previous excursions in the Middle East, I have an idea for which side those graves will be predominantly used.

Except that, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran is reasonably well-defended

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

You've got to take it with a pinch of salt, and always remember that the Iraninan civilians are going to pay the highest price here, regardless of how you feel about the Iranian government.

Edit spelt pinch wrong

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Oh, definitely worth discussing...from a lot of angles.

Who posts a story, where, and when can speak volumes about intent.

This is our second and sometimes third go round with a lot of the stories being "recycled." They're devised to get your attention and sway your opinion...both the pro-Iran ones and the anti-Iran ones.

As for Ahmadinejad being a "nut job?" Couldn't disagree more. His "nuttiness" is more than likely intentional to focus world attention on what's happening. He does what he has to do to stave off what many deem inevitable. He's smart in this respect.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm glad you chose the right user name and avatar to represent your own ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Alright, I am going to say this and everyone can attack me or whatever.

What RIGHT do we have to say anything about what is going on in another country, or for that matter what our neighbor is doing in their home?

Micro or macro.

If you attempt to enforce your beliefs, whatever they are, is JUST WRONG.

Some will say that but what about the _____?

How did our country of the US begin? We kicked the king's ass is how. He was a tyrant and we wanted freedom.

Now, our government has come 180 degrees. Attempting to dictate to our citizens and other countries what they are to do.

How bout the government, get the * out of EVERYONE'S lives.

Leave my labor and property alone and leave other country's decisions to their citizens. If their country becomes too much of a # hole, the people will change it, sooner or later. Hopefully the former.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

as I said buddy it was an early morning rant >.> please refrain from calling my intelligence into question. *demonstrates extreme intellect* *pushes ignore button* xD jk i appreciate criticism but please be kind and do not make personal attacks on me =] or atleast wait till I have eaten breakfast and had my coffee then i will be nice and civil =]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Sumdumguy]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
All i can see on the horizon is another drawn out war with mass civilian casualties, that ends with more people hating the West than before the first bullets were fired.
I'm not sure if i can even speculate whether there is a legitimate Nuclear threat or not, but frankly i hope there isn't.
I'd much rather see the day where i could just rock up, smoke shisha's and spin out on cultural differences with some mates in the Mid East

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Digging their own graves I see. Not necessary, you see our bombs will disintegrate their bodies to bite-size pieces perfect for dogs to eat! Environmentally friendly modern warfare YEAAAAAAAH!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xLogic

I have to agree with you guy. Very considerate of them to be digging their own graves so the Marines can roll into Tehran that much faster.

But in all seriousness here's hoping to those graves turn out to be nothing but flower beds without the assistance of human fertilizer.

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 8/10/2010 by mistafaz]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it mate I usually do those when I'm hungry.

Lucidity have to agree with you RE Amadinejad the nutjob. I think it is good for folks to think he is crazy, as we then start to think of him as weak. Makes going to war with the Iranians seem like more of a walk in the park. Considering their leader is just some crazy guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join