It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 2010 Explain This "Light in the Sky"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

So you say the lights in the sky at Gilliland's Ranch are explainable? At 5:20 of this video taken in May 2010 at the ranch you will see two objects flying towards each other.

Then moments after they pass you will see the object on the left get several times larger and brighter. This "Power up" is the largest I have seen from video taken at Mt. Adams.

There is nothing up there that can do that.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Congratulations.

You shot a satellite.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good stuff but whats with the laser pointers ?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"Ambassador training" involves zapping the emissaries with lasers? I hope their eyes aren't as sensitive a humans'.

The "power up" is a satellite flare.

Satellite flare (also known as satellite glint) is the phenomenon caused by the reflective surfaces on satellites (such as antennas or solar panels) reflecting sunlight directly onto the Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright "flare".

en.wikipedia.org...

The ships arrived right on time and where James said they would.
Classic.
www.heavens-above.com...

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim
Congratulations.

You shot a satellite.

I didn't film this, but they do check for satellites when objects appear. TV shows and professional investigators have all filmed these objects there and checked at real time for satellites and there were not any passing over.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Numerous investigations have ruled out satellites.

You seem so certain about that that I will try to find links of these to back up that they are not satellites.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmmm. Sure is reminiscent of a satellite...at first. When the others come in, I dont know but something about this doesn't seem right.

I guess the laser pointers and extremely annoying drunken chatter going on in the background make it hard to take this seriously. Every one of those people wants so badly to see a UFO that there's just no way it could be a satellite, right? Or a plane?

The more time I spend in this forum the more embarrassed I get. For such a hardcore believer in UFOs I feel myself becoming calloused by all the hoaxes, Chinese lanterns, RC planes, etc. etc. being pushed on us as the "one true piece of undeniable truth".

Overall its an interesting video. There is a chance those are real UFOs but the frat party atmosphere coupled with the laser pointers make this one more of a joke to me than any real proof.

Thats only my opinion though and to be honest with you I would love for it to be wrong. Maybe it already is...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
Good stuff but whats with the laser pointers ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

scroll down to "video 1" and you will have the answer about the laser pointers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

"About 3,000 people have witnessed UFOs at James’ ranch. He has published many testimonials from visitors. James has had numerous visitors from the U.S. military, the CIA, NASA and other alphabet soup agencies. He has had Special Forces operatives visit him, as well as people who say they worked on captured extra-terrestrial (“ET”) craft, to reverse-engineer their technology. I have independently encountered that phenomenon. As is evident from the testimonials, a common incident is a UFO “powering up” and becoming very bright in the sky. No mundane phenomenon can account for it, let alone the many sightings where the craft have flown low over James’ ranch. If UFOs fly close to the ranch or land on Mount Adams, the U.S. military and related organizations can be counted on to chase or attack them, sometimes shooting exotic weapons, such as lasers and plasma weapons (which do not seem to affect the craft). Operatives from the spook world have watched those UFOs “power up” above James’ ranch, and they say that nothing “we have” can do that."

www.ahealedplanet.net...

This "frat party atmosphere" is often populated by very respectable professionals. These things have been seen there for years.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Lets just for one second say it's not a sattelite, then what is it. You don't know, so why the debate. Something shiny in the sky, happens everyday. I'm going to go ahead and say it's a Mercury Dragon. Sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

That's a bunch of stuff from some guy named Wade Frazier. He's repeating stuff that Gilliand told him and has "published".

I don't believe a word of it.

"Lasers and plasma weapons". Right.

The video is of satellites.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here's an investigation that checked for satellites when they filmed a power up and none were present.

"PRS came to investigate the ranch in August of 2008, which was subsequently filmed and broadcast as an episode of Paranormal State on A&E. During that investigation, PRS encountered a variety of unusual occurrences in the night sky of Washington. In May of 2009, PRS returns to James Gilliland's Ranch, to investigate with its friends, fans, and fellow investigators in an effort to unite and unravel the mystery which has surrounded the area around Mount Adams for decades."

www.parafieldtrip.com...

Article written by David Moyer.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nothing in your link says anything about verifying satellites. Maybe you can be more specific, who exactly verified that they were not satellites? How did they do so?

And just to be clear, we are talking about the video in the OP. Not that anything else at the ranch is inexplicable as anything other than ET.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage...

www.youtube.com...

This video is amazing shot at Mt Adams in 2009. At 40 sec in, it is not 3 satellites flying in formation. regardless of the satellite debate, it is the location of daytime sightings as well from K. Arnold all the way back to Native Indians.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Why is it not 3 satellites?
www.satobs.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.youtube.com...

At 1:10 in they check if the object being filmed is a satellite.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Where is my favorite satellite?

There are so many orbiting things that we had to choose a few to keep the list shorter. If you have one that is missing, just ask and we will add it as time permits.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is like watching tennis!

I think Phage is up 40-Love.

[edit on 10/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am inclined to agree with you on this one. And Ill usually believe some far fetched sh*t.

Not to mention, the moment this whole thing lost its credibility was when they cited Paranormal State's "investigation" as further proof. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by noisemedia
106]

I am inclined to agree with you on this one. And Ill usually believe some far fetched sh*t.

I wish more people here displayed such intellectual honesty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join