It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there been increased military activty in the us in the last week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We have been discussing this in another thread about the uk and it seems that something big is going on with our military at the moment, is the same thing happening in the states..?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As a former soldier for 5 years and being in a state of war, The US Military is constantly training, and practicing for the next conflict. I havent herd anything specific but I am sure the pentagon is buzzing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Myself and Moose have decided to look into this the best we can. If you can provide any useful information to him then please do so.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I live in indiana, and saw a train load of hundreds of military hummers a couple of months ago, it definitely was random and never saw anything like it before.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
as seer says any help or information or anything strange people have seen recently, anything out of the ordinary would be very helpful

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Seems things have been a little hush hush about this in he political arena lately, thats when I get concerned.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I live in indiana, and saw a train load of hundreds of military hummers a couple of months ago, it definitely was random and never saw anything like it before.

An Indiana unit is shipping out from Atterbury soon. That's why.

In other news, I've seen nothing out of the ordinary for a state that's still having units deployed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
maybe its just the uk then...urgh

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

It all depends on who see's what my friend. The difference between the uk and the us is that Us citizens are used to seeing troops movements/jets etc so thierfore they dont notice it as much.

Its the same with ufo's if you keep watch you will see more.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've seen jets (2 F-16s), cargo planes (C-160s and C-130s with the rare Galaxy), and tankers (KC-10s) over my area in Centreville, VA the last few days. I haven't seen this much activity since, oh, after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

i suppose thats true, but i imagine people would notice increased activity prior to wartime mobilisation, certainly in some areas, maybe they havent seen this thread yet

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

thats another one added to the list, do you think somethingis happening..?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

thats another one added to the list, do you think somethingis happening..?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A serious question, has there been any sightings of silent, slow moving "ufo's" in those areas in recent weeks?

Especially ones that look orange underneath, with a red half cresent shape on top?

I'm sorry if this sounds a little wierd and off topic but it maybe connected to the other thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I've seen jets (2 F-16s), cargo planes (C-160s and C-130s with the rare Galaxy), and tankers (KC-10s) over my area in Centreville, VA the last few days. I haven't seen this much activity since, oh, after 9/11.

it is nice that everyone is concerned about these troublesome times we live in however we need to remember that we are at war people. I hardly think that describing troop movements online is helpful to our soldiers in uniform who are fighting and dying in our names.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
there has been an increase in military personnel and aircraft in indiana it's a lil weird seeing that in indianapolis there is no active base anymore

but i'll keep my eyes open and report back if i see anythang really out of wack op

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Yeah, cuz the enemy can't read what is posted in local newspapers concerning local NG units shipping out on definite dates and heading to definite locations. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I will now go back and sit in the corner.

Stepping back out of the corner to say that I have noticed more military helicopters flying overhead at night. But that could just be due to excellent weather this summer for growing the dreaded evil weed. National Guard units train for night flying and reconnaissance missions here in Kentucky, and in doing so, help the state discover the fields of the unoffical biggest cash crop in the state.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just to throw in my personal experience.

I live about 20 minutes from ft. Drum in NY, which is a big deployment base to the mideast right now. Im fairly used to seeing and hearing exersizes but this last week has been the most active ive seen in my 20 years. For the past 4 days, there have been a group of 6 F-16s? flying in formation. Something which I cant recall ever seeing, let alone for days in a row.

And then today something interesting happened. I was outside working, and there was a sound of 1 aircraft circling overhead, and yet I didnt see it once. I looked for probly 5 minutes too.

So i would certainly say ive seen a rise in military activity this week!
interesting thread!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

i find it very interesting too, and the same seems to be happening in the uk, although there are scheduled excercies this week for helicoptors in some of the areas mentioned, there is nothing for planes troops and tanks which have also been seen, very suspect

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Mr. D

Yeah, cuz the enemy can't read what is posted in local newspapers concerning local NG units shipping out on definite dates and heading to definite locations. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I will now go back and sit in the corner.

Stepping back out of the corner to say that I have noticed more military helicopters flying overhead at night. But that could just be due to excellent weather this summer for growing the dreaded evil weed. National Guard units train for night flying and reconnaissance missions here in Kentucky, and in doing so, help the state discover the fields of the unoffical biggest cash crop in the state.

oh yeah, now I see your point. Well then, just telegraph everything over the net too. My point is that we should not make it any easier for them........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join