It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATM's wishing people Happy Birthday, Why and How do they know this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong place, please help me move it.

I've heard this a few times and have been doing some research, coming up with very little to nothing. I was told the other day by a friend of mine, and what she told me sparked my interest in this. She said that she went to the atm and it wished her a happy birthday. I know information like this isnt that highly valued, but why was her birthday programed into a ATM and who did it. Has anyone else ever heard of anything happening like this to them or anyone else, or do you have any information about it? I honestly dont think they need this info, I mean its a nice gesture, but what the hell man?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Never heard of this, but they could very well know it considering a lot of information is carried in those black stripes on cards. Perhaps they are testing a program maybe and hoping for feedback from people to see how its working? Trying to make machines more personal to humans? Transhumanist agenda?
I dont know

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
its because new software lets atms carbon date your finger as you push buttons,something about the oils in the skin.

no but really,the banks have that info for sec purposes. just like if you call Support they ask that to varify your identity

[edit on 9-8-2010 by gpena]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
its because new software lets atms carbon date your finger as you push buttons,something about the oils in the skin.

no but really,the banks have that info for sec purposes. just like if you call Support they ask that to varify your identity

[edit on 9-8-2010 by gpena]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I suppose the same way that every social networking site on the planet knows to tell you happy birthday. You provide the info then somebody writes a few lines of code and *viola* instant miracle at the ATM.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
Mods if this is in the wrong place, please help me move it.

I've heard this a few times and have been doing some research, coming up with very little to nothing. I was told the other day by a friend of mine, and what she told me sparked my interest in this. She said that she went to the atm and it wished her a happy birthday. I know information like this isnt that highly valued, but why was her birthday programed into a ATM and who did it. Has anyone else ever heard of anything happening like this to them or anyone else, or do you have any information about it? I honestly dont think they need this info, I mean its a nice gesture, but what the hell man?

It's not really a conspiracy of any flavor. The ATM has to access your bank account in order to post its transactions to said account. Adding in a line of code to look at the bank's customer information file isn't a major programming problem, and that file contains your name, address, and date of birth.

If it makes you feel better, the information isn't stored at the ATM. It's wiped, along with the other transaction-specific data, when the ATM posts out its logged transactions. At the bank where I used to work, that would've been every 12 hours, other banks in larger venues might do it more often.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

For some of my friends that have listed their birthday and have launched their comment section, when I come across a birthday I send a little birthday greeting.

Why? On my 40th birthday not one person wished me happy birthday.

My husband, my kids, my co-workers - not even my two best friends.

Everyone forgot.

You never know when a act of random kindness could really lift someone's spirits.

One of the lesson's my soul was meant to learn this time around is to show random acts of kindness as often as possible.

So Drake,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3a67c7f8a87.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Shhh...no one tell! Remember the super secret oath

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well, mine is January 21 but I won't say what year.

new topics

top topics

join