It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Please read the following article...

www.westlothiancourier.co.uk...

About six months ago I was one of the people that reported these sightings and put it off due to Chinese lanterns. I also tried to capture it with a camera as I know ATS loves pics but it did not turn out beyond a dark sky.

Anyone any idea what this could be after reading the article and looking at the date.

Im interested to hear of anyone else in the UK who has witnessed similar or has captured this on camera etc.

Cheers

[edit on 9-8-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey mate, Im in Falkirk myself and somebody mentioned this the other day.

I live near the BP refinery and last week seen a weird light flying quite low above it, going from one spot to another like it was scanning it, I put it down to something 'normal' like Google cameras or government or somethin.

Im off te bed just now but Ill check this tomorrow to see how its progressin

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

These 'orange' ufo sightings are becoming very popular in the UK and Ireland.

I'm in Northern Ireland and my parents saw a bright orange orb in the sky a few weeks ago, they are not the type to believe in ufo's etc and they could not explain it. My brother who lives in a diferent location of the city saw the same object on the same night.

It got my interest so I did quick search for similiar sightings around Ireland and I found this website

UFO sightings Ireland

The majority of sightings reported to that website from this year and the last few months are of 'orange ufo's'. Its very strange, reports from all over Ireland.

Im guessing it may be a classified military project of some sort. But if it was why would it be going on over Irish and British airspace,? I dont know.
Here is link to another thread discussing orange ufo's

Thread

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

There is a military airbase near my hometown in Cumbernauld but theres been no comment from anyone regarding these orange lights at least, on this site that is.

I mentioned this over six months ago as I saw a light that hovered over me while I looked at it and I tried to take a picture yet it did not appear on my mobile. My friend saw it but we both put it down to chinese lanterns, it was triangular shaped and very bright orange. This was from a town called Armadale in Scotland.

What the heck eh?

Im not a UFO believer when it comes to other beings saving ourselves from ourselves if that makes sense. Thats all im gonna say on that.

Ive been more of a gung ho man when it comes to aliens and I stood below this object that lowered from the sky and floated above me roughly 50 feet from my head then flew off when I took the pictures and screamed at it just before it shot of at the speed of a comet.

My friend saw it too but its just one of those things that when two scottish men are a little bit steaming laugh at then keep quite about whilst sobered up, when it comes to myself I could not care less what others think but my friend is a bit more egotistical when it comes to reputation when it comes to UFO's.

Its been quite an interesting experience actually becaue I never presumed anyone would think twice about mentioning something like this but you get people dodging you in life when walking down the street. Its hilarious, my friend doesnt agree with my assessment but we have a good laugh when it comes to it whilst we share a pint and a little tale

Why care what others think? Its what you get when you mix a Christian with an Athiest as best mates is it not?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Unbelievable, I posted on a thread about increased military activity in the North east of England and highlighted the fact that a friend who lives there saw some orange ufo’s fly by a couple of nights ago, in formation, in a slow manner, alot faster than a balloon, slower than an aircrat and made no noise at all, then up pops a thread about ufo’s in Scotland.

There are training exercises going on in the military in those areas, yet there have been a massive increase in reported UFO activity in them areas too.

Tese ones my firend saw were orange underneath, with a red shaped half cresent on top.

Military? that visible?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The UFO community need to be careful when looking at sightings that resemble Chinese lanterns.

Just because they resemble Chinese Lanterns doesnt mean they are.
Of course they may still be Chinese Lanterns but sometimes they might be something else.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Whenever I hear about orange UFO's I always think it's likely to be Chinese lanterns. However I haven't come across triangular lanterns so far. Has somebody started producing those already?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then its a duck

Unless the supposed orange UFOs are doing something other than floating across the sky and flickering then it's a Chinese lantern .

top topics

join