It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hello with answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
hey there people hows things i will start by saying i aint into all this mumbo jumbo as much as many of you but i wont disrigard your beliefs there yours and thats what makes you, you .

I have weird days where i will sit and at the computer and read upon loads of different information and today i ended up on this site. now i was just browsing peoples comments and links and photos on all threads and thought i would post my own asking for a few answers to a few things.

but when i registared it states i would have to post 20 replys or so in order to start my own thread but if people look here why not post a statement ........... here goes.

2012 is foreseen as the end of the world by many people and now people are wondering if the end of the world will come at another day and this day is to put us off the actual date now what if the world is already on the brink of destruction.
who by?
good question well WE are scientists for years have said we have evolved from amphibian to ape to human over millions of years or so .
why do we never see evolution in front of us the apes of africa not evolving in front of our eyes and vice versa humans i think dont seem to be evolving in front of us right.
evolution has come to a stand still and say humans are in self destruct mode we are our own worst enemey correct?
we created smoking, war, drinking, drugs ,weapons and rascisim we created all that is bad to ourselves to this very day but the thing i believe will kill us all will be pollution, global warming will take this planet down.

anyone agree

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If you can make 20 replies, why are you not making them in the threads you read? I noticed there is a active one about 2012 not being the final date for example...

Anyway, welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
hi there, nice to meet you. an atheist(agnostic?) on here postulated a theory that humans had come from another dimension, with this theory the world would have already been here evolved and humans would have been dropped smack dab in the middle of everything. kind of an interesting theory would bring the evolution and creations camps together. as far as 2012 being the enddate, i dont believe in such a thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nine10

Welcome to ATS!
I liked all your questions, but I do not have any of the answers... I am intrigued by your question about the end of the world coming at another day... are you thinking of the end of the world happening before or after 2012? and if so what gives you this idea?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine10
?
we created smoking, war, drinking, drugs ,weapons and we created all that is bad to ourselves to this very day
anyone agree

...Keep in mind Psilocybin mushrooms, peyote cactus, Cannabis, and others would be here weather we were or not. We had nothing to do with their creation, we just found an interesting use for them. Synthetic drugs, often the worst of them, we did create, but using drugs is a choice that does not directly lead to murdering someone else or robbing banks, it's the bad choices you make about those drugs that causes it. Drugs are not inherently evil, but if a person isn't careful then they could do something stupid and get themselves killed. You can do something stupid with a match and kill others, does that make them evil?

That aside...

Weapons are used by most species, even if it's just a bunch of chimpanzees throwing rocks. We did not create all that is bad, we just use it that way. We did not invent uranium, just the use for it that is incredibly destructive. We have the ability to be a peaceful race, if we gave up this blood feud we have with nature and lived in harmony with it. I don't believe that it is possible with the decadent greco-roman societal mindset we perpetuate every day, but it's possible. The Indians lived in perfect harmony with nature, and the Zuni and Hopi tribes had 300 years with one murder. Also note the asian-indians, and their monks. I don't see much violence, racism, hatred and other things going on there.

The westernized culture? Yes, there is no doubt that it will kill itself in one way or another, and I will scream in joy from the mountaintops when it does. But humanity is not always bad, and if we hurry we can still avoid too many... negative... consequences of our actions.

new topics

top topics

join