It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you post a thread in the wrong place?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Actually I have 2 questions.

1. If a thread is place in the wrong board, would it be o.k to move or restart it in another place? Or do you have to ask a mod to do it for you? And if so, how do you do that and who would I ask?

2. If you share a computer with more than one person who is a member of ATS, if they were to get banned, could that affect the membership of others due to having the same IP address?

And last and not least, thanks for the answer in advance

BTW, I would have asked a mod, but was worried about bringing such an issue up, when there are so many other things they could be doing.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well in the first question a mod will move your thread automatically if he sees it´s in the wrong board. I don´t think you have to ask them to do it.

In the second one i don´t think the banning is related to the ip adress... even though it gives that impression

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the mods are here for this sort of assisance, as well as other reasons. i heard you could press the alert button and ask them to move..? or you could u2u one of the mods who over see the thdead in question. list of mods is at the bottom. about the banned member and ip address... im not to sure, but i would guess there may be some stipulation to that but dont know.

good luck

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
the mods are here for this sort of assisance, as well as other reasons. i heard you could press the alert button and ask them to move..? or you could u2u one of the mods who over see the thdead in question. list of mods is at the bottom. about the banned member and ip address... im not to sure, but i would guess there may be some stipulation to that but dont know.

good luck

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
[edit on 9-8-2010 by Myendica]

JAK

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi NoRegretsEver,

1) If a thread is posted in the wrong forum and staff haven't noticed it's probably best to send a note through the Complain/Suggestion feature found in member tools. All staff are able to see posts submitted through this feature so it's more likely to be noted sooner rather than later and is preferable to reposting in another forum.

2) No, it's not a problem.

Jak

[edit on 9/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well, I've started a thread in the completely wrong forum by mistake before as well, so I hit the alert button and explained the mistake and it was moved to where it was supposed to be I would say within a couple of minutes so that would be my advice to you.

I wouldn't re-post the exact same thread though as it goes against the T&C's it seems. (See 1h.)

The alert buttons at the bottom of every single post as well so it's very easy to access.

ETA: Never Mind, I'm too late

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As mentioned above - Staff will (and often do) move threads to an appropriate forum. Its best not to start another duplicate thread - as that will just be trashed.

If you ever need any help from staff for any reason, use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Aw, c'mon guys! I wanted to be able to say something like "What?!?! You posted a thread in the WRONG FORUM?!?! YOU WILL PERISH IN FLAMES!!!"

Or something cool like that.

But yeah, just let us know. Probably the quickest way is just to ALERT your own thread and ask for it to be moved. Mods love moving threads.

And for that matter, if there's anything else of concern or that maybe awry, we always appreciate a heads-up via ALERTs, and if you're worried you've done something wrong, just let us know and we'll try to straighten things out with minimal hassle.

Despite the stereotypes, we really, truly try to be cool and not be jerks.

Well, at least we try, anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for your replies they were very helpful, and I was able to resolve the matter of my thread.... now its getting ignored in the proper area

Peace to you...

top topics

join