It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancers from Ohio strip club protest at church (video included)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Obviously it is worth it to them. They're doing it aren't they! Do you have a certain standard for why you think their protesting would be "worth it" other than why they are doing it now?

I think people should take a cue from these women. The people that protest gay people and soldiers funerals come to mind. People should start going to their church and protest their hateful ways and counter them with messages of love and acceptance. I remember hearing about a group of school kids counter protesting the Westboro Church group with signs that promoted love and tolerance. It was crazy to see the signs from both groups: ones filled with hate, others filled love. The latter is the kind of Christianity people actually respect.

Kudos to those women!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

That last girl appeared to have a serious meth problem, yuck.

That was the descriptor I was looking for about those gals protesting. Kind of like she was crying out for help. Maybe that's why she volunteered to protest in front of the church. She wanted help. But didn't know how to ask.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I remember hearing about a group of school kids counter protesting the Westboro Church group with signs that promoted love and tolerance.

Last I heard it was a group of burly veterans who showed up at a funeral the Westboro Church announced they'd protest. Lo and behold in the name of the Lord, the Westboro people didn't show up when they saw how big and burly the veterans stood.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
My my! How quick the JUDGE are good, faithful Christians are these days! I see that you can instantly tell if a person is on crack just by looking at a photo or video...I am guessing Jesus gave you this special power no one else has?

Not Jesus no, but I grew up in a rough neighbourhood so ya I can see a crackhead and point them out.

So, how do you know they dance around a pole unless you have seen this personally?

Seen what personally? Strippers?
Yes I have and...

And as for the word "Demonic," it comes from the root word "demon," which is from a Greek word,
"daimon," or δαιμον, and it means "divinity." So I guess your God is a demon then, right?

Since you are mentioning greek I will assume you mean the bible
What is the devil? He's a bad god, still a god but a God bad gone.
Was first an angel then a bad god.

2 gods. What you thought Christianity was monotheistic?
It has gods, demigods(angels) bad demigods(flying horsemen) and even another being called the holy ghost.
And the bible specifically treats the holy ghost and god as seperate entities.
In fact you can deny god but you cannot deny the holy ghost, it goes that far.

The problem with your logic is that you don't understand that Christianity is polytheistic.

People, especially you Christians. You go about wildly posting things you know not one thing about.

haha, I hate partisan bickering but man some liberals man, they just can't accept that not all conservatives are religious nuts.

I am an agnostic, I am not religious
I believe in being practical and somewhat old fashioned with good family values, i believe in science more than in God.
I also believe in the possibility of a peaceful co-existence with science and god, but not organized religion.
And yes I am conservative.

There are no victims in a strip club. The owner makes plenty of money from drinks and such, he/she pays the dancers a minimum wage and a tip percentage is taken out, while the dancer pockets the rest, tax free, just like a Church does!

So when a young girl in her early 20s has to get naked and get all felt up so that she can pay for education she's not a victim?

Victim of the economy not the strip club, yes I realize that.
But that doesn't mean that everyone that does this is happy.
And yes I know not all strip clubs have contact dances, soon they all will though.

Or single mothers, that have to also get naked to feed their kids?

It's okay to be liberal, but some liberals are like "let's be open minded, let's be so open minded until our heads BLOW UP!

Don't throw common sense out the window just for the sake of being "open minded".

You all have a Bible

Of course I do, I LOVE FICTION!
I also have the DVD Collection of X-Files, Star Trek TNG and now am an avid Fringe follower, thanks to this site. I saw a banner here long ago

I can guarantee you that you will find a lot of stuff in there that is way more evil than a few girls dancing around a pole. By the way, be sure to research the root word for "Yaw," and "Weh."

Maybe you will find this thread of mine interesting:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you think?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earl call

There's a video on youtube where Fred Phelps was confronted by, I think drew carey and a bus full of rather colourful and expressive gays. It was pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There's a video on youtube where Fred Phelps was confronted by, I think drew carey and a bus full of rather colourful and expressive gays. It was pretty funny.

Don't seem that the video is still on youtube. Least not that I can find it. You sure it was Drew Carey? You sure it wasn't Lady Ga Ga...

God Hates Lady Gaga
www.youtube.com...

Oh, well....if not, there are all sorts of ways of settling smaller civil wars....

(PART 1) Mini Cannon Firing and Destroying Targets (Among the world's smallest guns)
www.youtube.com...

Mini Cannon Firing and Destroying Targets (Among the world's smallest guns)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder if these strippers being outside the church has helped church attendance....

But I agree.. these gals are Ugly. Perhaps if they got some good looking strippers the church would stop protesting them....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It was Michael Moore instead of Drew Carey, my fault.
Here it is..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ha
That's the reverend's problem...
no meth addicted male strippers...
dang
he has to go to conventions in the pig city for that kinda fun...
(Like the ones that brough the reverend Haggard down
from the association of Evangelicals)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It was Michael Moore instead of Drew Carey, my fault.
Here it is..

Michael Moore was on Larry King the other night. Moore said that his ancestors were illegal aliens. Moore also said that America should set aside Kansas for illegals to live in.

I wonder what Kansans think of that idea?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
On the CBC news in Canada it was reported that people refused the flue vaccine in droves last winter because of the publication whistle blower reports, and that more people who took the vaccine actually got the flu than people who didn't...

About two winters ago I took a flu shot. Was sick with the flu in less than five hours. Something about how fast flu vaccine can break down into contamination.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ooops,
posting on two threads at once.....

talk about introducing thread drift
should have been here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
i put the post I ment to put there up there,
so, just so you don't look like its you...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

ooops,
posting on two threads at once.....

Sounds like a sign of intelligent provocation to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It seems to me, that usually the loudest voices against "vice-like" behavior or sin, are the same people who do it the most. Almost as if they are preaching against it to hide their own actions.

I hate it when people try to talk down on others because they feel they are on the moral high side of an issue that doesn't really affect anyone else.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It seems to me, that usually the loudest voices against "vice-like" behavior or sin, are the same people who do it the most. Almost as if they are preaching against it to hide their own actions.

People who preach good are bad themselves to hide their own actions
Gays are gay because they had bad experiences with their fathers
homophobes are homophobes because deep inside they are gay

we can go on and on with the generalizations

Originally posted by airspoon
I hate it when people try to talk down on others because they feel they are on the moral high side of an issue that doesn't really affect anyone else.

Some people do that I agree
But eventually you must agree that some people do it because they care about their society and the environment where their kids will grow up in.

You agree right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Was first an angel then a bad god.

OK, I will give you that one. but! Are not Angels creations of god Almighty? Answer me this, could God create a stone he himself could not life up? No? then how could he create a being that he could not easily destroy? And are not Angels created for one purpose only? To SERVE GOD? Another contradiction. Satan is the God of this world. Satan is called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is called the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles, and many more attributed to Satan throughout Scripture, signify his capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

What you thought Christianity was monotheistic? It has gods, demigods(angels) bad demigods(flying horsemen) and even another being called the holy ghost.
And the bible specifically treats the holy ghost and god as seperate entities.
In fact you can deny god but you cannot deny the holy ghost, it goes that far.

No, I knew it was monotheistic. Many time I have been told that there is only one God, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. Trouble it all of the others....And friend, I hate to burst your religious bubble, but we all have that which you call the "holy spirit," it is our soul, our energy field, that which animates us. We are born with it. Christians do not have a lock on it. I have actually stepped out of my body, on three separate occasions, and looked back at my carbon based human shell. I am Spirit. So are you.

So when a young girl in her early 20s has to get naked and get all felt up so that she can pay for education she's not a victim?

In Thailand perhaps. In America the girl must be of age, and must sign a contract. And they do not get "felt up" as you put it. Try that in a club and one or two large guys will show you the door real fast. Most States have very strict laws against touching the dancers.

Actually, I read your post, and somewhat agree. So tell me, if you are an agnostic, why do you come off like a fundamental Christian? To me that which is God, and Goddess, is what is inside me, the divine self that we all have. It is not "out there" some place, it is "in here." A very wise woman once said, "If that which you seek cannot be found within, you will never find it." I took that to heart. And I didn't throw common sense out any window, the club is a business, just like the church is a business. If one has the right to be there, so does the other, so says the Constitution. Nice taking with you. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

OK, I will give you that one. but! Are not Angels creations of god Almighty?

They are treated as seperate entities though
Regardless they are still demigods, you can't get away from polytheism just by saying they are creations of god.

Answer me this, could God create a stone he himself could not life up? No? then how could he create a being that he could not easily destroy? And are not Angels created for one purpose only? To SERVE GOD?

Even humans were created to serve god, but do we all do that?
Did Lucifer serve god?

Another contradiction. Satan is the God of this world. Satan is called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is called the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles, and many more attributed to Satan throughout Scripture, signify his capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

Ok, so you are agreeing with me here right?

No, I knew it was monotheistic. Many time I have been told that there is only one God, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. Trouble it all of the others....And friend, I hate to burst your religious bubble, but we all have that which you call the "holy spirit," it is our soul, our energy field, that which animates us. We are born with it. Christians do not have a lock on it

Christians do not have a lock on it?
But we are talking within the context of organized religion
You just quoted the bible in fact.

In Thailand perhaps. In America the girl must be of age, and must sign a contract. And they do not get "felt up" as you put it. Try that in a club and one or two large guys will show you the door real fast. Most States have very strict laws against touching the dancers.

There is contact dancing buddy
no-touch laws only apply in some states not all
and even despite those laws there are girls who do it anyway

Actually, I read your post, and somewhat agree. So tell me, if you are an agnostic, why do you come off like a fundamental Christian?

If you read my posts you'll see I mostly diss religion all the time
I do not come off as a fundamental christian, you just associate being conservative to religion too much, because of today's political climate.

To me that which is God, and Goddess, is what is inside me, the divine self that we all have.

Actually I agree, I do not believe in organized religion but I grew up in a hindu family, and we say Namaste to everyone while "palming" both hands because it is believed that some of god is in YOU.

Also, I believe that whenever people pray, what they don't realize is that they are praying to themselves.
"god give me this job", the truth is that if they worked hard for it they would hopefully get it, but they rely so much on this invisible man and end up putting little or no effort into it.
If they realized they were praying to themselves they would have higher chances of achieving their goal.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No, I believe most Christians (and to a much smaller degree, Muslims) impose their will on others because they feel that it is god's will for them to do so. They believe that they are right in their beliefs and that everyone else is wrong. It is the very anti-thesis of liberty. People should not be forced to abide by the beliefs of others. If they want a better society for their children, then move somewhere else. In this case, if they don't want their children to be enticed into strip clubs, then raise them right to where they won't. Ultimately, it should be their right, when they become adults. I shouldn't be expected to give up my liberties because they are afraid their children may do something they don't approve of.

You know, Heinrich Luitpold Himmler believed that imposing his will on others would better the society to which his kids would grow up in and I think [some] Christians are a little different, though just a little and generally speaking of course. Himmler took a logical approach, irregardless of whether it was bad logic. Christians (some) on the other hand take an approach based upon their beliefs which are in turn based upon faith. I don't think it's really a case of making society better, so much as it is a case of doing what they feel god wants. Irregardless, what they feel is better is different from what others feel is better. Nobody is initiating force against most churches, though sadly, the same can't be said in reverse.

The reason why I single out Christians as opposed to Muslims, is because unlike Christianity, the Islamic religion doesn't believe in forcing their religion on others, generally speaking of course.

In sum, most christians who are imposing their will on others or trying to do so, do it because they believe that they are right and everyone is wrong, whether we like it or not. They have zero respect for other people's beliefs and feel that their own beliefs are far more important than the liberty of each one of us.

I'm not a Christian, though I don't think that bible really teaches this, rather I think it's a false interpretation of the Gospils. They seem to want their god, or their belief in god to strip liberty away from the people and force everyone to live as they see fit. It is the anti-thesis of liberty and the very definition of tyranny.

I personally don't care what or who people want to believe in, just so long as it doesn't affect my family or my neighbors. Nobody is forcing church goers into strip clubs or gay bars, though they are trying to force people out of these places.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Didn't Jesus hang out with prostitues and alike?

Yes he did.

He was also quick to "bust some chops" on what these churches was doing. What was the saying? Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join