It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enter the vessel of life and dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Before you read any further into this thread I would like to say that I am not trying to change any beliefs people have or telling them that what they believe in is wrong. This is just my opinion and for now we are all free to feel, breathe, speak, think and believe in whatever our brains want us too. Anyway let me get this thread started....

Here are a couple of questions I would love for you to answer:

1) Have you ever closed your eyes and seen the man or woman inside your head? Or seen something unfamiliar?

2) Have you ever thought of your phone and then a few seconds later it would ring? or rather thought of someone and they call you?

3) Do you ever close your eyes and concentrate and see an image of a relative whom had passed away?

I am sure many people have experienced some, or if not all of these things at some point in their life, or are yet to experience them. I believe we all have the power to do all of the above mentioned but, some are just blind or ignorant to it, or that some have just not tuned their mind into this power.

It is easier for someone to say 'oh that's not true' or 'your talking rubbish'. It is easier for people to doubt and disbelieve because of the simple fact our brains tell us to take the easiest way out of things, or the easiest way to get through difficult tasks. If something seems unexplainable its easy for the brain to say or make you think 'that's a hoax' or 'I doubt that happened or will happen' because this forms part of our natural animal instinct. It is easier to run away from something we do not understand or what we fear, rather then get through it and find out more about it. It is a natural defence of ours that goes way back to primitive humans that we will defend ourselves in whatever way possible when fear comes into our life.

As we all know, mankind is hell bent on exploring. First we explored nearby places, eventually our own planet (although we have not yet explored the depths of our oceans), we have supposedly explored part of the moon. We have sent telescopes and instruments into space, But!!! what about exploring the depths of our own minds? Our very own brains... ?

Even the top neurologists, brain surgeons and psychologists do not know the full capacity of our brains and minds, maybe we should look at it that ourselves, our own consciousness should be explored by our own spirit and soul and not rely on anyone else to explore this part of our being... but this is just pure basic logic that we are responsible for exploring our own minds is it not?

I find our body is like a vessel, the brain is the driving seat and our souls are the driver of this vessel. Our vessel is like a car; we need fuel so we eat and drink. We rest our engines by sleeping, We get damaged, and our vessel dies out but the driver of that vessel (our soul) lives on.

Do you ever think 'I wonder what my soul looks like?'

The driver of our vessel is our soul; our brains are part of the controls just like a steering wheel in a car or flight controls in a plane cockpit. When we die, our soul leaves our body just like a man or a woman would open a car door and exit the car. I believe the soul lives on after death.

It has been said that our brains only work at 5-7% of its known capacity so think of a brain/mind being able to work 100% and what it could be capable of?? and when I talk about capacity, I am talking about the conscience power it has and uses. Our minds are amazing! we have so many thoughts and dreams, we are far too complicated to form naturally. I believe we where created by something greater then we could ever imagine. (I hope that one day this greatness will return).

For a moment get this situation into your mind, you think of a friend and you want to contact them so you pick up the phone and call them and have a chat. What if you could use your mind, think of them and then that thought contacts them? I believe our brains have the power to do this if we channel in correctly and focus. This is called Telepathy; we all have this power but some just do not know how to use it. Imagine having an hour long conversation with your friend whom lives miles away using your thoughts in your mind! Technology is moving forward very fast, imagine a future where there are no computers, ipods or mobile phones because everything will be done using our own brains as a computer. Ok, I know a life without computers or technology would be odd but, using our minds IS using technology! and yes we will still need computers and machinery to travel to other worlds, when I say no computers, I actually mean we will not need laptops/desktops in our own homes.

The point I am trying to make here is the fact our minds are very complex. Our brain is and always will be more powerful then any super computer we could ever create and we should start exploring our own minds and learning how to use it better.

Our mind is a hugely complexed part of the brain, it is like a computer hard drive, only a hard drive with unlimited gigabytes of storage space. How it is we can store so much data such as thoughts and memory into such a tiny place? Unless we suffer from a brain disease, mental illness or amnesia we never truelly forget or lose any data, well until old age starts slowing the brain down but... with a few brain exercises done each day we can improve the brains speed! Its amazing because our brains actually archives and runs a kind of programme to sort the data that goes into our minds to be stored. Maybe our storage space is like a film or record of our life which then flashes before us when we are moments from death so in just a few seconds we can watch the whole cycle of our life from birth to death in a matter of seconds.

When the brain archives this data or memory it does this during sleep. It will move your thoughts, parts of your memory to a specific place in your mind, filed away so it is never lost or confused or recorded over. This process creates dreams along with rapid eye movement.

Rapid eye movement or REM is the trance like state your brain puts you in so you can dream and so that your brain can sort the data of your mind out. People believe dreams to mean nothing but your brain unscrambling the things in your head, well this is totally untrue!

TO BE CONTINUED....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
PART TWO

There are 5 types of dream states, these dream states are:

1) The brain unscrambling things in your mind, the dreams are strange if not comical, or could be nightmarish and scary if certain chemicals from food or drink get into the blood stream (things like chocolate, cheese, medication and drugs).

2) Vivid dreams, these are when your brain unscrambles your mind before you reach REM stage and this basically means your brain unscrambles and stores data in your mind and memory just before you fall asleep.

3) Messages from the dead, Your brain goes into a meditative trance like state meaning your brain and mind has opened up its channels to the spirits making them able to send you messages in your sleep.

4) Future prediction dreams. This works like number 3 but instead of messages from the dead, you will most probably dream of events, numbers or anything that will happen in the future. Some of these dreams have to be unjumbled to get the prediction right.

5) Schizophrenic dreams. This is where a person will suffer an attack, rapid eye movement almost like an epilectic attack while sleeping but nothing like the REM state. This will cause very severe nightmares and maybe health problems.

I see many messages from people who have passed away in my dreams, or sometimes if I close my eyes and clear my mind from everything and focus on the darkness of my closed eyes I can then sometimes see images that when put together become message. This is how many mediums and psychics work in the world today.

Maybe soon I will create another thread telling you all about these dreams and messages I have had... but for now this thread right here and right now is about the mind and brain! and to get to the whole point of this thread, I believe if we all meditate, lose the aggressive nature we have and tune our minds in we can then become the masters of our brains... I mean we will be able on our own to gain full control of all the powers our minds are capable of.

We can all do this, we just need to want it ourselves... we cannot rely on others to unleash this power for us. We need to do it alone.... a good start is meditation everyday.....

Please read this thread made by Wandering Scribe, he explains (better then I can) the right steps to successful meditation and lessons that need to be learned to be a master at meditation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your time... hope this wasnt too ramblish for you all??

[edit on 9/8/10 by justjoemusic]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hope I have posted this in the right area...
If anyone has any questions about what I have written then please ask away, either in this thread or send me a U2U.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Justjomusic
this is a good thoughtful thread

I have to tell you I have unscrambling dreams all the time

but seldom have nightmares can't remember the last time I had one

don't get messages from the dead ever

but your thoughts on this are very interesting

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thanks for reading and replying MrsBlonde, are your unscrambling dreams comical or strange? I get quite a few nightmares but thats from eating too much chocolate haha!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
oh I love chocolate !! mine are funny and weird

and usually about something that aggravated me or confused me about my day but morphed into something unrecognizable while I'm dreaming but after I wake up I realize I was just dreaming about math class!

one recurring theme that I have is fish swimming in the air or water that is very deep and blue and stormy It always make me happy when the fish come swimming in

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Your preaching to the choir right here, Joe. I have very fascinated about my mind, and yes I have tried to see the inner "me" or soul. I have been amazed pretty much since my discovery of my inner voice. Its part of the world, and yet not. I tote around an invisible vessel of thoughts around that nobody can see. Science can see that my brain is working but they'll never be able to bisect my personal experience. I am perplexed that more people do not spend time searching in their mind. What do they do then? Revel in the Flesh?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

haha!! I wish we could film our dreams... the fish swimming in mid air sounds funny. Have you looked into dream interpretations in a dream dictionary?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

This wasnt meant to be a preaching type of thread, more of a insight to the mind, and that if people are unsettled in their minds then relaxation and meditation could help and also benefit them in other ways too.

A kind of way of bringing peace into people's lives I guess....

plus sometimes meditation can bring entertaining visions and dreams!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

I did not mean that literally, but in other words I hear what you're saying man!
(could be I used that phase in the wrong context but either way thats what I meant)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

haha its ok, sometimes i read things the wrong way when its either online or in a sms... but thanks for taking time to read my op.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

actually I am a fair dream interpreter!

some times people come to for this service been thinking about starting a website for that

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think that would be a great idea if you did set a website up for it as most that iv come across have had annoying popups and ads blasted all over it which puts me off lol!

Do you meditate at all?

[edit on 10/8/10 by justjoemusic]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I love this thread, I have always wondering if the dreams are just simple images put together from my daily basis or if someone is trying to tell me something... I agree we can get a lot more from our brains.. my repetitive dreams are always I live underwater breath so easily and love being in there

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tierrafragil

Is your repetive dream always exactly the same? or does it start from where it left off the last time you dreamt it? Also... how often does this dream happen?

Have you tried meditating and trying to get your mind to travel to this place in your dream?

oh and thanks for reading and replying

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I believe that it doesn't just have to be the dead that can send you messages in dreams. lately I have had a recuurring person in my dreams usually confirming something and also there is a cataclysmic event about to happen and then I wake up. I also had a dream within a dream , that sh!t kinda messes with your head.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Yes your right, there have been times where iv dreamt of a few people who I have never known in my life and then later in the future I meet these people...

Your story sounds interesting....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I do but not as often as I like the way I like , lack of privacy

I just got into the dream interpretation by accident on another forum
they still ask me to interpret dreams lol!

I like dream interpretation because so many times people get so afraid of a disturbing dream and if you are good dream analyzer you can really help people and get rid of that fear . I f can can do that it makes me happy

[edit on 8/10/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes I know what you mean about privacy, its the same here... can only really meditate at night when its quiet and people are sleeping and the tv is off.

Sorry for asking so many questions lol.... but here is one:

how do you, yourself interpret a dream that is of a relative who has passed away and gives some kind of message... can you see the difference from a normal everynight dream or a message from the deceased??

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
on that one I would need the dream in as much detail as possible
then I would give the interpretation and just wait to see if that did it
or if there are more dreams with the relative and what the totality or cumilative data told the dreamer

I haven't worked on any relative dreams that turned out to be the actual relative communicating from beyond the grave ..yet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join