It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the world ends before Jesus returns?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why would Jesus want to come back and how would he do so?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Since 'he' was never here in the first place I would say that a return is highly unlikely!

True, 'he' never was here. It was an avatar infused with Creator Light/Intelligence/Information. 'He', or the consciousness that was 'him' is from the House of Sananda. It was not an ensouled human, 'he' was the energies of Christ consciousness.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by blujay]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
Why would Jesus want to come back and how would he do so?

If he did come back, nobody would be believe him and would just label him as "another nutcase".

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Jesus wont return until all republicans are out of office. For crying out loud, he is a non-Caucasian, meek, hippie looking, and too poor to be riding anything more than a donkey upon his return. Republicans will have a field day on him based on that description. He'd be dying to get back on the cross after the republicans start screwing him!!

Even if jesus was a REAL character, he wouldnt be that stupid!!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The concept of "rapture" is almost entirely an evangelical one. The connection to scripture is pretty tenuous, and most non-evangelical churches don't have "rapture theology" as a part of their teaching. My wife, who was a pretty devout Catholic, was something of a fan of the "Left Behind" series of books, though when I pointed out that they weren't really based on Church teaching, she wasn't aware of it.

To the original question, logic should make it pretty obvious that this is a non sequitur. If there is a Jesus to return, it follows that there is a God, and as an omnipotent being, he's not going to allow the world to end before his plan is complete.

I frequently question (and in no way is this a reflection on you) people who claim things like "God has a plan, and we have messed it up" or "God's real message to us is hidden" because of the pure illogic of thinking that we would be able to screw up the plans of an omnipotent God. Seriously, God comes to Earth, suffers the humiliation and pain of death on a cross, and subsequently allows his "real message" of Gnosticism to be quickly buried and lost for 1800 years?

As the Bible and the NT message goes, though, Jesus' return heralds the end of the world as we know it. He will sit at the "Last Judgement" and both the living and the dead will be judged according to how they lived their lives in accordance with Christ's message of "Love God, love each other."

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Well you are right some people think I am crazy but I know I am not. I proposed a challenge to someone who believes he knows more than me. Here is his website and 1 email I sent him with his 2 responses.

This is the website link showing that in Revelation the 24 elders are angels.
lastdayscalendar.tripod.com...

This is my email to him

Your article about the 24 elders was quite good except for the summary. The 24 elders are the 12 apostles and the 12 sons of Jacob. You are right it is a literal translation and the elders are people not angels.

I know this is True because I wrote the book.

His response

Six Arguments for Identifying the 24 Elders as Angels

1. The original Apostles were promised twelve thrones* (not 24) in order to judge the twelve tribes of Israel (These thrones are located on earth and not in the heavenlies). * See: Matthew 19:28 and Luke 22:30

2. If John saw twelve tribal chieftains and the twelve apostles, he most likely would have identified them as they are identified in Revelation 21: 12-14.

3. John the Revelator was also John the Apostle. How could he be looking at himself?

4. The twenty-four courses of priests* serving in the earthly Temple were patterned after the twenty-four priests who minister in the heavenly sanctuary.
*See: 1 Chronicles 24: 1-19

5. When the saints are glorified at the rapture, they will not be sitting on 24 thrones around the Father's throne, they will be sitting on the * Father's throne. *See - Revelation 3:21

6. The four living creatures and the twenty-four elders are not singing of their own redemption. They are singing of the redemption of the Church the Bride of Christ.

And they sang a new song:

"You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." Revelation 5:9-10

The second response is as follows

Dear Beloved Brother in Messiah:

I certainly appreciate your gracious offer. I prefer that we continue to e-mail each other for now. You offered your address and IM, but forgot to let me know your name. Please include your name in the next e-mail.

If we are to become friends, then we must get to know each other better. Therefore, I am including a brief bio of myself which follows. Also note, I have a wonderful video on the Internet called, The Image of God. The second half includes the pilgrimage festivals and the synagogue liturgy. I'm sure you'll find it interesting. the link is provided at the bottom of the page below my signature. I'd love to hear your comments about it after you have had a chance to view it.

Steven L. Sherman’s Biography
Steven L. Sherman is founder and president of “Just Pray NO!” Ltd. Since April 7th, 1991 “Just Pray NO!” has sought to unite Christians from around the world in intercessory prayer on behalf of the addicted and their families. During the past eighteen years, CBN, Family News in Focus, Decision Today, Charisma Magazine, as well as several major radio networks including K-Love Radio, USA Radio Network and the Ministry of United News and Information have helped to publicize the annual “Just Pray NO!” Worldwide Weekend of Prayer event and have been instrumental in spreading their message of hope and healing. Mr. Sherman was born in New York City, where he has made frequent appearances on Christian radio and television to help promote his work. For more information concerning this ministry go to: justprayno.org....

WHO DO YOU THINK IS RIGHT? ME OR HIM? look at his credentials!
Please email the question to all the Christian leaders.
Who are the 24 Elders spoken of in revelation?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well disregarding the fact jesus didn't exist and is simply a fictional character in a fairy tale. The rapture is not mentioned in the bible and was first spread/invented in America i believe...can't remember the mans name, first started in the 20th century i think.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by itistrue

a Few more things to mention. I know the answer so you can't change my mind.
The second thing is this years feast of trumpets is going to be very very special....... Watch and see.....

[edit on 6-9-2010 by itistrue]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
No rapture before second coming. Its not in the Bible.
Second coming will be at the 7th trumpet.
Complete darkness (no sunlight, no moonlight) before Jesus returns.
If second coming includes spaceships, its not him.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

What Jewish Holiday will THE trumpet sound on?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

a question for you. When will there be no sunlight or moonlight?

answer: at night, when the moon is not seen

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well disregarding the fact jesus didn't exist and is simply a fictional character in a fairy tale. The rapture is not mentioned in the bible and was first spread/invented in America i believe...can't remember the mans name, first started in the 20th century i think.

Darby Bible & Skolfield Bible, also Margaret MacDonald was the one that came up with Rapture theory.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

As far as material evidence, the closest identity to a man such as Jesus is Appolonius of Tyana. His features do resemble the shroud of Turin. As far as the christ consciousnes, I can assure you it is real and each person has the ability to attain that level of consciousness, but they look outside themselves for their savior.

I would also thiink an earthly cataclysm would force people to turn within and realize what is most important.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by itistrue
reply to post by nlouise

Not going to be that simple. Each day actually starts at night and ends in the daytime since creation. (the calendars have been changed) At the end it will begin with darkness, and end with the brightness of his appearing.

GEN. 1
5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

MATT. 24
29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
No rapture before second coming. Its not in the Bible.
Second coming will be at the 7th trumpet.
Complete darkness (no sunlight, no moonlight) before Jesus returns.
If second coming includes spaceships, its not him.

Isn't there supposed to be something in the clouds? I can't imagine what. Maybe planet alignment? I honestly look at everything from a scientific point of view and I wonder, if there is a second coming, if it somehow involves zero point. What if the earth's magnetic field were to shift and what kind of effect would it have on us.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Onboard2]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

What Jewish Holiday will THE trumpet sound on?

Are you asking me to guess? I suppose if I were to pick one it might be the feast of trumpets, but that is just a guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

I kind of have a picture of the electric being completely out, like EMP or something. Total blackness, can't see your hand in front of your face type situation.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

actually it is simple. Does the moon always shed it's light during a 2 month lunar cycle?

Here is webster's definition of a new moon. And read both of the definitions.
Definition of NEW MOON
1: the moon's phase when it is in conjunction with the sun so that its dark side is toward the earth; also : the thin crescent moon seen shortly after sunset for a few days after the actual occurrence of the new moon phase
2: the first day of each Jewish month marked by a special liturgy

So if you know you Bible at all you know that Jesus is coming back on the feast of trumpets during the new moon. When there is not sunlight and no moonlight. Very VERY simple for me to answer. Very very hard for people to understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

All it takes is the lights to be out for a second to be dark including the moon.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join