It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the world ends before Jesus returns?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I saw the Stephen Hawking thread predicting the end of humanity and a thought popped into my head. What if a catastrophic event happens that ends the world and humanity before the supposed 2nd coming of Jesus? Has anyone thought about that? What happens to those who believe in the rapture? It was just an instant thought and I am curious if anyone has given it any thought. No bashing pls.

edit to fix spelling error

[edit on 9-8-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The answer is simple:

Apparently religion would have been wrong all along.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Christ is close to fully awakening and is close as well so why worry about it. Have a bit of faith friend

[edit on 8/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, both Bible and Quran are wrong then.

Both Christian and Islam question's about Jesus will remain unanswered.

It doesn't matter. We're doom anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I, myself, don't believe in the rapture. I am agnostic. I was just wondering if Christians ( or whoever else believes in the 2nd coming) ever thought about this scenario?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
returns? he never left. he keeps being reborn and reborn until it's all over.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I, myself, don't believe in the rapture. I am agnostic. I was just wondering if Christians ( or whoever else believes in the 2nd coming) ever thought about this scenario?

I did. In fact I favor it because if both Bible and Quran are right then it would be a lot more disastrous than simply a boom.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I don't believe in the "rapture".
But any event big enough to cause the end of the world could be interpreted in terms of the prophecies in Revelation.
Only if Jesus fails to return before we all die does the Bible get contradicted.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The world would not end any time soon. It's a deceitful propaganda, in my opinion.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i'll can tell you what would happen if jesus did come back. he'd be sectiond placed in a padded room and hevaly sedated like everyone else that claims to be the son of god. infact jesus is probably in a loony bin as we speak. Jesus "i am the son of god" Doctor " yeah well so are those guy's over there watching sponge bob"

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Read the whole of Mathew 24... It clearly says that He will not return until "immediately after the tribultion (end of the world)." So He returns at the end of the carnage...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
it wont. illuminati knows this. im sorry u havent been awakened yet my friend. maybe soon u will

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Personally i believe earth will come to an end before Jesus returns.

Why?

Because we are waiting for a dead man to come and save us from our own way of life.

What better is it for Lord God to keep us waiting for something that will never happen.
That gives him all the time in the world to get us to ruin our own lives even more. Because as long as we believe Jesus is going to resurrect, we remain clam, and let everything just work as usual.

Yeah, why try and fix what we know is wrong. When a dead man is going to do it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I guess people will finally realize that the religion may have been a fraud?
Idk I guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
He will return when the father tells him. I toatally believe in Jesus and that he did raise from the dead, I believe he is alive today and his Spirit is dwelling umongst us. Things in this world are working together as planned. Nothing is a suprise to God.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if u know the universe is a program and that we are living in a hologram. that means god the programmer can change anything at any momment. his son will return have faith

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

ur a #ing moron straight up. u have demons in u. jesus will be alive when he returns. mark my words

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm in your programs changing all your holograms!

No but really. Did someone just use the Matrix theory?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The bible talks about all of the things happening.. lots more is going to happen before Christ's return. One thing we should all watch out for if you wanna keep track of biblical prophecy is the moment TPTB decides to decimate religion of the face of the earth. when that has happened (and we all know the plans exist) Christ will return.

We're pretty far in the biblical timeframe but we're not there yet.. It will come to pas in our lifetimes though...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If you look at all these things you will see that science can explain them and what it cant it will continue to research until it can. Like i said in another post, I love how when religious eople find something they cant understand they are like OHHH THANK YOU LORD basicaly this "how did this happen?" "I dont know?" "I know! God did it! How else could it have happened?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join