It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons found dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Matt Simmons found dead

www.wlbz2.com

Matt Simmons found dead at his home. Speculation of heart attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here a whistle blower regarding the BP spill with former ties to the CFR is found dead.

Nothing to see here folks....move along

This is the gentleman who has told us recently that the BP spill was a sham, possibly to cover up what he has been saying about the real leak being 7 miles from the Deep Horizon platform.

www.wlbz2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this here, but there is already bickering on that thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

Hmmm I wonder how many more people will be found dead of natural causes, or a freak accident over the next couple years?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I thought whistleblowers were those with inside information. Was Simmons connected with BP? Is there any reason to think that an investment banker knew anything about geology or oil drilling technology?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What? Are you serious? Matt Simmons has worked in or around the oil industry for the past 40 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Yes, I'm serious. He worked with oil money. He opened a banking firm (yes, he was a banker) for oil companies.

Matt Simmons was not a geologist. He was not an expert on oil production. He wrote a book about the economics of oil. That does not make him an expert on oil production or geology.

His opinion of his own expertise was overblown.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed. But that doesn't mean he didn't have insider knowledge of the industry - Regardless of whether he's a rig worker, ship captain, etc. - As long as he is involved (and has contacts) that privy him to any confidential industry/corporate data, then that qualifies him as an insider.

Would you not agree that he is much more likely to have information that the public isn't aware?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"Follow the money" is the path to discover the real interests behind anything in this current world phase.

Having that said, now the "end" of this trail (one of many, I reckon) may be lost with his death.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
News report says he died of drowning.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yes, I'm serious. He worked with oil money. He opened a banking firm (yes, he was a banker) for oil companies.

Matt Simmons was not a geologist. He was not an expert on oil production. He wrote a book about the economics of oil. That does not make him an expert on oil production or geology.

... and why should any of the things you mention negate the possibility the chap had some knowledge of shady dealings?

Not saying he did or he didn't, but debunking-wise, not your brightest and best moment there, Phage

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Interesting, unless a heart attack whist swimming, this could indicate fowl-play.

I'll continue to monitor this story

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Shading dealings, sure. But just what "whistleblowing" are we talking about? That "second leak"? What ever happened to that claim?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,it is almost fruitless to even explain the term "whistleblower" on this forum.

I attempted to awhile back but the term was and is continually misused.

I agree with you that this man was not an insider to this business.

A whistle blower is someone who directly observed or actively knew of something, NOT a person who just speculated on the possibility.

And can provide investigative evidence!

The world corporations are so interconnected that if a person were to dig deep enough, they would probably find a connection between the owners of the New Orleans Saints football team and the Mexican drug cartel.

But keep on your quest to "deny ignorance" on this forum.

You are a voice of rational reason on this forum.

The man drowned.

Sometimes in life,"things" happen.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Simple: whistleblowing is being aware of unethical, illegal, immoral, or any other unscrupulous actions, and then "blowing that whistle" so to speak and informing the appropriate parties (be that the public or not).

The fact stands that Matt did claim to be aware of unethical, illegal, and immoral activities conducted by BP and attempted to blow the whistle. Whether his claims are accurate, I am not here to say. He did conduct himself, however, as a whisteblower.

And just in case you don't trust my definition, here is wikipedia's:

A whistleblower is a person who raises a concern about wrongdoing occurring in an organization or body of people.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

As are the opinions of expert google operators.

Surely a bloke involved in oil money is bound to know a few dirty secrets?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

And there have been conflicting reports as to Matt's demise.

I've read in one that he died of a heart attack and in another a heart attack.

While it's possible to have a heart attack while swimming, then drown. Drowning would be the cause of death complicated by the heart attack. Because, of course, there can only be one cause of death.

Being that this occurred yesterday, I'd highly doubt that a medical examiner would be aware that Matt had a heart attack if he was found dead in a pool and suspected of drowning without a proper examination of the patient - which would undoubtedly take more than one day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Instead of bickering about a power-word used in propaganda and sensationalized or spun "news" (let's bicker about "Journalist"), does anyone have any idea what he was wearing while he was "swimming"?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
oh this is so sad news. rest in peace matt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join