It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 'gay rights' is being sold to America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Seeing public displays of affection of any kind makes me uncomfortable, whether they a straight or homosexual. It is not because of the acts in themselves, but because I start over thinking and asking myself questions, “Am I staring?”, “Did they see me looking at them?”, “Do they think I am staring at them?”, etc. Thus I become uncomfortable, due to my own fault.

Personally I don’t think anyone should have to hide what they are, be it homosexuals, transgender people (male to female or female to male), cross dressers (male to female or female to male), etc. There should be more awareness as to what each is as well. I used to think all cross dressing males were homosexuals, which is actually a false statement which I found out when a friend of mine came out to our group of friends. There needs to be more education so that people will not be as ignorant to what the groups of people are or are not, due to people not being educated, when the friend came out about being a cross dresser, things got ugly and have not been the same since.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

I did not say I hated anyone. I am simply saying that I am somewhat offended when I see displays of over-done public affection by members of the same sex. It's TMI. I don't want to know and I shouldn't be forced to know.
It's go get a room. It should not be seen by young children. It brings to mind the act which I feel is unnatural. I guess you could say I evaded the manipulation and it still seems unnatural.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
It is a well written article and given alot of thought. I believe that part of the problem is that this is a double sided sword, as it does raise some valid points, at the same time it also raises questions. Many gay people do not choose to be gay, that much has been seen, and the real shame of it all is that a majority of those in the halls of power, who are gay, tend to be self loathing on their part, of who they are, and those who are like them. Many gay people that I know, did not choose to be gay, just that is how they are, and part of this argument must be asked, what makes a person gay, straight, bisexual or even transgender.
Some of what the gay rights have done has been bennificial, as it was through their activism, that they actually managed to get people to realize that AIDS was not just a gay disease, but affected all across the spectrum, but at the same time I do believe that they are a bit too forceful when demanding rights. Many gay people that I know of, tend to be private individuals, seeking what many people are, happiness and privacy, not seeking to be judged cause they are viewed as being gay, but baised on their merits.
Now the website, from which this article is written, could be questionable, as it is religious in nature, and some of the things stated in the article I would disagree with, as it was known and recorded in history about gay life in the ancient world. But that is the past, and this is now. But ultimately, I believe it makes a valid point on both sides. One is that the gay people who scream for equal rights need to take a step back, politicians who are gay really need to be more honest with themselves, and those who are religious need to step back from the rhetoric, taking a second look at themselves before starting to use religion as an excuse to hate and persecute, like a weapon, instead of using religion as a means to find compassion and understanding.

[edit on 892010 by Starbug3MY]

***Mods please delete this I must have made a mistake. I did not intend to do this. Thank you kindly***

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I don't care and that is why I don't appreciate having to look at it. It is nowhere near my mind, then I see it and then wham there it is in my mind. Because seeing it makes you notice, and sometimes I resent it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Haven't any of you learned yet?

If you are not 100% in favour of the gay lifestyle then you are a homophobe and "hateful bigot."

Precisely ! I despise the self-righteous indignation expressed by those who believe I should wholeheartedly embrace their views on homosexuality. I could care less ! I would never insult two guys holding hands or kissing in public, none of my business. However, I personally view public displays of homosexuality as aberrant and repugnant. Apparently If I only took the time to become "educated,' social engineering " I would see the error of my ways ? My values, beliefs and feelings are as valid as anyones. As long as I do no harm, by word or deed, NO ONE has the moral authority to bring my opinions into question.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

We either accuse them of "choosing" to be "wicked sexual deviants," or we claim – utterly without evidence – that "gayness" is an inborn, genetic trait.

Wrong. Identical twin studies prove that being gay is influenced heavily by genes.

As far as being gay and "keeping it to yourself"...how do you expect gay people to find anyone?

Your wrong. the twin studies proved that gay people are not born the way they are. One was gay the other was not. Dont bring up studies that you have no idea about.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Why because when he was little he was taught that girls have cooties? It all boils down to who has a stronger will. I have been alone personally most of my life. I have had flings, but none really lasted for a long time. Mostly they move to a different city for college or move back home. Some weak willed people would think they are gay and say, "I was "forced" into this." In a real sense they have no strong will.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

gay lifestyle

What is the "gay lifestyle"?

Seriosuly the "gay agenda"?

Being straight is more then about what I do with my genitals. Someone said they were annoyed at the gay agendas insistance on defining themselves by their gayness, as it were the most important part of their personality, yet every post so far has sfocused on the physical act of gayness..(what is that exactly??)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think being gay or straight and any other character traits we have is subconscious in nature. The subconscious mind controls virtually all of our actions & thoughts based on decisions we have made as children as a result of possible traumatic or emotional experiences. By the time we are grown up, we usually have completely forgotten that episode/cause and do not know why we act or feel the way we do.

Stage 2 - As children, we learn the rules of life from direct experience. There are good and bad experiences, but even the bad ones - traumatic events, abuse, poor self esteem - are stored as "life rules" in the unconscious mind. It is like a layer of a child's perspective, and becomes the guiding rules for life. These rules are all stored in the subconscious mind.

Apply that to an experience a young boy or girl having an strong emotional experience (good or bad) as a child (perhaps a boy coming to the conclusion that being male is bad, because of an abusive father; or a girl w an abusive mother..... just an example) causing them to be homosexual or bisexual as adults.

It's the subconscious/unconscious mind folks...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I have no problem with gay people except when they use their orientation to define themselves at the exclusion of other chacteristic qualities. If you are gay or not please keep it to yourself.

The various laws against homosexuality just over four decades ago have defined a public response from gays as a reaction.
These laws meddled in gay people's private lives, and declared their sexuality a public matter.
It hasn't even been a lifetime since McCarthyism regarded gays as a security risk, and cops habitually abused people before the Stonewall Riots.
Good heavens, what is going on in the US that all these people are complaining - just because two men are embracing in love rather than trying to kill each other in a half-nelson can't be that bad?
It sounds like you have hordes of gays making out in every town square!
(Well, do you?)

Nothing is proven or disproven on genetics. Many gays have been forced to marry and have had kids in any case, so the gene would be passed on alive and well. Genes can be carried over for generations without becomming active.
What is known is that homosexuality is preceded by childhood gender non-conformity, and brain-scans show areas in the male brain that are excited by gay erotica, and are akin to brain arousal in heterosexual women.
It is certainly not chosen. Hormonal influences in the womb also seem to play some role. Well, if it's not genes or hormones in the womb it's something heterosexual society does to people, in which case you better sort yourselves out first.

Strange, I always thought straight guys liked seeing two buxom girls kissing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join