It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 'gay rights' is being sold to America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

How 'gay rights' is being sold to America

www.wnd.com

"I did not choose to be homosexual. I would change my sexual orientation if that were within my power."
So confessed Robert Bauman, the powerful conservative congressman from Maryland. Americans were stunned in 1980 when headlines revealed Bauman had been caught red-handed having a sexual rendezvous with a young male prostitute. In his book "The Gentleman from Maryland: The Conscience of a Gay Conservative," Bauman revealed the conditions that shaped his own tortured double life as a pro-family Republican congressman and closet homosexual.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This article is very surprising. It is not so much a matter of my opinion, but the sales campaign that was used was so methodical and professionally done.
Social engineering was/is used to manipulate public opinion regarding so many other issues.

I have no problem with gay people except when they use their orientation to define themselves at the exclusion of other chacteristic qualities. If you are gay or not please keep it to yourself.

www.wnd.com

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

We either accuse them of "choosing" to be "wicked sexual deviants," or we claim – utterly without evidence – that "gayness" is an inborn, genetic trait.

Wrong. Identical twin studies prove that being gay is influenced heavily by genes.

As far as being gay and "keeping it to yourself"...how do you expect gay people to find anyone?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

This article is very surprising. It is not so much a matter of my opinion, but the sales campaign that was used was so methodical and professionally done.
Social engineering was/is used to manipulate public opinion regarding so many other issues.

I have no problem with gay people except when they use their orientation to define themselves at the exclusion of other chacteristic qualities. If you are gay or not please keep it to yourself.

www.wnd.com

How far does keeping it to yourself entail?
Does that include gay people being out with others in public? Kissing in public?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think its fine if gay people come out if I see two men holding hands or cuddling on the bus I think its adorable same if its two women. You don't see strait people hiding the fact they are strait. I feel happy when I see gay couples able to express their love it shows that they don't care what people think and that only love matters.

When my best friend came out I was honored that she felt she could share that with me. I have always been taught ones sexuality is no ones business but your own and who you share it with and if you want to be open about it go ahead if you want to stay silent that's fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If you are gay or not please keep it to yourself.

How about:

If you are a hateful bigot, please keep it to yourself.

I think that works out better for everyone!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Haven't any of you learned yet?

If you are not 100% in favour of the gay lifestyle then you are a homophobe and "hateful bigot."

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

www.wnd.com

Then straight people need to keep it to their damn selves. You need to stop kissing and cuddling in public. You need to stop fawning on your significant other.

That was just an absurd statement. What's next: "Oh being black doesn't offend me but you need to keep it to yourself". Sexuality is a very large part of the human experience. You have to air it out at some point otherwise you won't get any. No one will know which way you swing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
well maybe I am a hatefull bigot but I realy dont like seeing gays showing there love in public.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A basic biology course can tell me that homosxuality is not genetic. I made this post quite a while ago on another site.

Ever heard of a Punnett Square? It shows the relationship between recessive and dominant genes. Dominant genes will ALWAYS show over a recessive gene. In the case that two recessive genes are passed, the recessive trait shows. Maternal genes are on the top, while paternal genes are on the right. Dominant genes are expressed in capitals, where recessive genes are expressed in lowercase. You cross them up and across, taking each letter.

Example(Ignore the +s, they are fillers):

++S | g
______
S] SS | Sg
g] Sg | gg

Sorry it looks really messy, but there is no table feature.

The results:
SS-This person has BOTH straight genes, and cannot have a gay child.
Sg-This person is STRAIGHT or BISEXUAL. There is a 25% chance that this person will not have a child. in the above square, there was a male and female with these genes, showing the possible results.
gg-This person is gay. This person most likely will not have a child, which will cause the genes not to carry. Due to artifical insemination, this person can have a child.

In that case:

++g | g
______
g] gg | gg
g] gg | gg

All children of this act are gay.

If a gay man donates sperm to a carrier of the gay gene:

++S | g
______
g] Sg | gg
g] Sg | gg

Half of these children will be gay.

If a gay man donates spem to a non-carrier.

++S | S
______
g] Sg | Sg
g] Sg | Sg

There are four carriers.

Eventually, due to the lack of ability for the gay gene to reproduce, it would eventually disappear. Noting that artifical insemination is a fairly new technology (Id guess...50 years), most of the gay gene was gone by then.

So in the possibility that at one time there WAS a gay gene, it is most likely gone.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt self-appraisal.
Do you feel the same way about public hetero displays of affection?

gj

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
well maybe I am a hatefull bigot but I realy dont like seeing gays showing there love in public.

You don't have to like it.

But, you also don't have to look if you don't like it. You have a choice, of course the better path would be to stop the hate, but you're entitled to it I guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is a well written article and given alot of thought. I believe that part of the problem is that this is a double sided sword, as it does raise some valid points, at the same time it also raises questions. Many gay people do not choose to be gay, that much has been seen, and the real shame of it all is that a majority of those in the halls of power, who are gay, tend to be self loathing on their part, of who they are, and those who are like them. Many gay people that I know, did not choose to be gay, just that is how they are, and part of this argument must be asked, what makes a person gay, straight, bisexual or even transgender.
Some of what the gay rights have done has been bennificial, as it was through their activism, that they actually managed to get people to realize that AIDS was not just a gay disease, but affected all across the spectrum, but at the same time I do believe that they are a bit too forceful when demanding rights. Many gay people that I know of, tend to be private individuals, seeking what many people are, happiness and privacy, not seeking to be judged cause they are viewed as being gay, but baised on their merits.
Now the website, from which this article is written, could be questionable, as it is religious in nature, and some of the things stated in the article I would disagree with, as it was known and recorded in history about gay life in the ancient world. But that is the past, and this is now. But ultimately, I believe it makes a valid point on both sides. One is that the gay people who scream for equal rights need to take a step back, politicians who are gay really need to be more honest with themselves, and those who are religious need to step back from the rhetoric, taking a second look at themselves before starting to use religion as an excuse to hate and persecute, like a weapon, instead of using religion as a means to find compassion and understanding.

link   
I love how people find the time to "hate" something.

I mean, aren't peoples' lives already filled with enough worries and neuroses? Where do they find the time to worry about the habits of homosexual individuals?

And if you're not a repressed individual who is insecure and unsure about their own sexuality, why do you even CARE?

link   

Originally posted by ganjoa

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt self-appraisal.
Do you feel the same way about public hetero displays of affection?

gj

Yea to think of it I do. I dont mind holding hands between men and woman, but I dont need to see any thing else. I dont make out with my girlfriend in public. I hold her hand thats about it. I am just not use to being around gays so I am afraid, and we fear what we no nothing about.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If they have to stop cuddling and being affectionate in public so should straight people. On a personal note in my opinion 2 men making out is hot.. Also Gay men have great style and its so hard to find in straight ones. Also my lesbian tendency Bisexual friend and bi sexual friend are probably the two nicest women i know and don't deserve the hell they go through with people telling them to burn in hell.

I am a woman and I am straight and I really thing two good looking men making out is damn hot... Why whats better than one man when you have 2.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Keeping it to yourself like Clinton put it "Don't ask - don't tell.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I think thats what alot of us men think about two woman making out

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Doubleagent

Actual genetics are much more complex than what Mendel originally theorized. Anything related to personality is going to be additive and rely on many genes. The more of these genes you have the more you will be predisposed to a particular personality trait. This fact supports the theory that sexuality is on a continuum and not an either/or matter. Before basing your entire argument on what you learned in a 7th grade science class I recommend picking up a textbook on behavior genetics.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Just as I suspected - you're actually NOT a "hateful bigot".

An overdeveloped sense of decorum, maybe, but that's cool.

Many of us are somewhat uncomfortable with PDAs regardless of gender.
On the other hand, there are those that frequent establishments specifically for the purpose of watching or engaging in public sex acts - but in a private venue.

gj

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join