It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new picture of Cydonia on Mars shows lots of anomalies.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here is another very strange structure, found right here on earth. It could possibly be constructed by the the same martians that created the cydonia pyramid.
I wonder why there hasn't been an offical investigation into the origin of this amazing structure?

Oh ! i know because it is a pile of sand in the Namib desert. But it looks so much like a pyramid... It must be a conspiracy

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyStrike

Alas, you must not be or ever have been looking very closely lucky.

I downloaded one of the strips from the passes the satellite made when Hoagland was getting people to make a plea with NASA to take lots photo's of the face. NASA would not take the ones he wanted but those strips that they did take, which were just huge, showed a lot to me. I suppose it took a long time to download so that people gave up looking at them and came to the conclusion, wrongly, that it was a waste of mind time.

Oh no to those supposed Einstiens. There were all kinds of animals 'carved' just like the Nazca lines. And I do see the 'city' that Hoagland sees when I look closely I see some serious patterns that would never be mistaken for natural no matter what your smokin' in your pipe.

I was shocked that NOT ONE of the lame stream media said a single word about these obvious artifacts even Larry King who appeared to try to be fair on the face. THAT simple bit of history settled it for me:
SO, there is something there and the "they" we all keep talking about are indeed covering it up. That is the ONLY logical conclusion. Therefore in the end, it is pure science food to the hungry scientist. Manna to those who live here on earth. I still recall Arthur C. Clarke's words on CNN: "there is something big that is alive on Mars at the South Pole". (He was on Larry King one night for all to see)

CASE CLOSED, we need to go and visit in mass, then colonize perhaps again the planet Mars. There is real history to be discovered on the Red Planet, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

Your example is good but it appears the pics seen here have lines in the sand shaped like triangles or other such obvious things. It would be real eye catching to most humans as they would recognize those things and have to pause in wonder. Simply, you can not use sand castles scuplted by either the wind or a man to depict lines etched in the ground. I have noticed that the Trolls aren't willing to accept any facts that would mess up their paradigm of reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

So correct me if i am wrong here but you are suggesting that the shapes you are seeing lead you to believe that they must have been created by an intellegence, and you reasoning for that is because these kinds of shapes could not occur naturally...

Just like this one here. This is obviously shaped just like the heart you drew when you were 5 yrs old. Believe it or not, it was not created by us trolls to try and decieve you, and no that does not mean by default it must have been created by martians. It has been created by ancient lava flows and is completely natural formation.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i can't believe that you think that NASA, JAXA or any other space agency would show you pictures of pyramids, statues, aliens drinking tea, aliens playing golf.... on Mars.

even if pictures of any other species exist, they wouldn't show it to you.

so this picture of pyramid is just a rock that even doesn't look very geometrical
maybe martians are really drunk when they build

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In my opinion, yes it may possibly be the remnants of a long dead civilization. Or perhaps one that simply went underground. Or maybe it's absolutely nothing at all!

I think the pertinent question that begs to be asked is, Whatever happened to our hunger and thirst for knowledge? For adventure? The constantly flickering fire to seek the unknown?

Are we simply not ready to leave our cave? To discern with certainty that we have indeed been in a cave the whole time?

The only way to answer our races' questions will be to actually seek the answers. If for no other reason than that, we must contrive a means for the common man to leave this planet! No matter how far we are able to look into the depths of the night sky, it will never be the same as being out there.

If the people of this planet can come together for any one cause, surely this is that cause.
People ask why have we not built better machines to carry us there with efficiency, to which I say It's because those things are not needed to our goals. If we set this as our goal, we would achieve these things. Making hunger, thirst, disease and war all things of a primitive past. The only thing that stands in the way of this goal now, is greed and mans tolerance for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by signoregregorio

We see pyramids in different cultures for exactly the same reason we see pyramidlike mountains. It is the shape most suitable for a tall formation (or structure without the use of advanced building materials).

Sounds right. But their cosmic alignments say otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

It says that they were used as calendars. Agricultural societies sort of depend on knowing about the seasons.

When's it going to get warm enough to plant? About when that star passes that rock.
When's the rain going to start? Around when the Sun rises behind that rock.

Of course it didn't always work. But the Maya had a solution for that, highly advanced culture that they were.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see anything but the natural weathering process, I feel like I'm looking at Jesus' face on a grilled cheese.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Oh Please, make it stop......

Your making a Mole Hill out of a Mountain.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is not meant to debunk, per se, but rather to share an extra perspective.

When it comes to new relics, archaeological sites, ruins, petroglyphs, and the like, we - as humans, especially humans in Western society - are trapped in the prison of our own interpretation.

What constitutes a sign for us may not be so intended in creation. First and foremost, a discernible water-bearing woman or other such symbols have meaning in our culture because of their historical meaning and iconicity. However, it should be noted that such meanings would not have been intended by a culture that did not have such a historical record.

What do I mean by all of this? Well, consider the following thought that I paraphrase from Jakob von Uexkull, a biosemiotician from Estonia:

There's a flower in a field.
A bee sees the flower as food.
An ant walks on the flower, seeing it as a pathway.
A young girl walks through the field and picks the flower because it's beautiful.
What is the flower? Food, foreground, or art for art's sake?

The answer: It depends on who is interpreting it.
I'm sure the flower does not see itself (see in the broadest sense, of course) as any of those things. It "sees" itself in relation to its environment.

For example, the girl's delight at the flower's beauty leads to its demise, while the relationship with the bee is very much symbiotic: both relying on each other.

Going back to the "Mars anomalies":

If you see something on Mars that "looks" like something familiar, keep in mind that the historical record would not necessarily provide for that symbolism. In other words, you are viewing something on another planet through a Western lens (what anthropologists would call an etic perspective), though the anomaly does not necessarily have any such meaning - if any meaning of a conscious nature over, say, a geological one.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
This is from a more recent picture of Cydonia but it doesn't get as much attention as the original one, it shows much more anomalies than the old picture too,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

you are all deluding yourselves.it is just random natural formations.i explained this above...you are just feeding of shadows.

uncritical minds.

why you so obsessed with BEMS anyway?

Why oh why is everyone obsessed with aliens anyway.

You can't even stand the scary aliens across the border let alone aliens from other planets.

I mean it is unlikely they will be big breasted blue eyed blonds and blond blue eyed paragons of virtue giving you free gold, money and whores.

They will have their own agenda and politics and self interest.

Aliens indeed!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Amazing pictures and some astonishing anomalies....just wonder if we will ever find any real evidence that is absolutely indisputable. Don't get me wrong although this is fascinating rock formations can play amazing tricks on the eye and I say that as a believer.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Am I the only one getting a re-direct to domains.googlesyndication.com... ?

I can not view the link that is the original post.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think you will find that a pyramid does not have to have a square base.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
At best, some of the Mars Anomalies could be leftover ruins of a LONG (2 billion years?) dead civilization, when Mars had a more habitable climate with a thicker atmosphere.

At worst, pareidolia is making fools out of people.

Unfortunately, in this case, I'm going with the "at worst" scenario.

I've never really been all that compelled by the Mars pictures, although they are beautiful pictures of Martian geology.

The other day I watched a docu about how man-made structures would decay without mantainance. Millions or billions of years abandonned structures on Mars could look the way they are today because of collaps. Once symetrical structures can now look chaotic because of erosion and structrial damages.

The thing that interest me most and find odd are the sharp lines in all directions of these "pyramids" of Cydonia.

btw...and bit off-topic. Somewhere I read that Cairo means....... Mars.

edit on 25/8/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join