It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new picture of Cydonia on Mars shows lots of anomalies.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's very possible that these are remains of some kind of artificial influence on the terrain. Just imagine what time has done to artifacts on earth, and how old any civilization must have been that once lived on Mars.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Very old. Several billion years. That would be some very impressive construction techniques, especially out of stone.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They seem realy cool, I am always taken back when I see other planets. Just to think that there is another planet out there that we can take pictures of and maybe some day walk on.

Although I ma just a ameture at looking at photos I dont think that anyone has ever lived on Mars.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
reply to post by Phage

New to me and apparently a few other people.

Interesting images for some of us anyways.

Plus why bother Phage?..... What motivates you?

If it is new for you and some others, can I suggest the search function?

I can't speak for Phage, but i would hazard that what motivates him is the very phrase this website is supposed to embrace: DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

We see pyramids in different cultures for exactly the same reason we see pyramidlike mountains. It is the shape most suitable for a tall formation (or structure without the use of advanced building materials).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Thank you for the link, Mayor

I had not seen many of these pictures before and I must say, they are certainly interesting. The pareidolia option remains a strong possibility but after viewing some of these pics I am going to sit on the fence with my legs hanging on the side of 'remnants of an ancient civilisation'.

I wouldn't say that those 3 images look "distinctly like animals" but there are some unnatural looking lines there, in my opinion. I will also inform everyone that I am no expert on this subject.

These particular images (S and circle) caught my attention....

If anyone would like to have a go at explaining these it would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

With regards to the 'face on Mars' I was reading a website recently that seemed to do a good job of analysing and processing the Cydonia face

Once again debunking is welcomed.

From what I have gathered, it appears that those pulling the strings at NASA are engaged in a 'cover up' of some kind, when it comes to Mars and The Moon. There seems to be something important that they don't want the public to know about.

Don't you think?
?

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

I think that a great way to generate popular and political support (funding) would be to encourage belief in the possibility of past or present life on Mars, not to discourage it. Too bad they have to stick with science though.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The script has been disproven.

That's all I know.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus

With regards to the 'face on Mars' I was reading a website recently that seemed to do a good job of analysing and processing the Cydonia face

Once again debunking is welcomed.

If there ever was life on mars, let alone intelligent life, the odds of it looking like humans is very, very slim. Which leads to the question of why an alien race that would make a human looking face.

The "face" on cydonia is no different then the faces people see on pieces of burn toast, or the foam in a cup of coffee. The only intelligence at work is our own brains seeing faces where there are none, something that the brain is hardwired to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Wow a search function you say! Would be useful if I had the idea to search for that. Instead wow on a forum someone brings it to light incase people miss or overlook things. Cheese wiz the internet used to for sharing information who would of thunk.

Nice life pal. That what ATS should be just a search function.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Come on...can we take a long deep breath and think about this? What altitude were these photos taken? These "anomalies" are huge, far too large to be anything but a geographical structure...for lack of better terms. Lets focus our energy on something a little more realistic...mars is what it is. Speculation is like idle hands.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I think that a great way to generate popular and political support (funding) would be to encourage belief in the possibility of past or present life on Mars, not to discourage it. Too bad they have to stick with science though.

I don't disagree but I think that time and money could be better spent. I have to believe that there is life elsewhere and I don't need to explore mars to find that out...we need to reach out farther and do it now.

[edit on 8/9/10 by riotact1]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

I think our next big step should be to terraformMars. Why go further than that. It's not like we can and if we are to expand our population than Mars seems logical to seed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

What anyone believes about the existence of life anywhere other Earth is moot. There are plenty of scientists who are convinced that it exists. What matters is finding evidence of it. While there may be locations within the solar system that actually have a better chance than Mars of possessing that evidence, they are much farther away, much harder to get to, and much more difficult to study when we do get there.

We're pretty much locked into the stepping stones laid out in front of us. If Mars turns out be be disappointing in regard to finding extraterrestrial life, what we learn in the process of looking for it will aid the search elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Your_Number_One_Fan

The reason to look further is that the same thing(s) that are cooking this planet are cooking mars. Mars is supposed to have less of an atmosphere than earth. Let us lather on some SFP 60 or whatever and have a look at sirius, or somewhere else a little farther from "home".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have to say that what you posted piqued my curiosity...
The whole Cydonia Plain thing is very interesting to say the least.
I have to say that some of this interest may very well be all in our imaginations...
At the same time, we will never get the truth from NASA, as they are first and foremost a DoD industry...
I suppose we will never truly know until someone from private industry decides to shell out the bucks to go check it out.
Even then, we may not know, as the PTB will fight to keep whatever secrets they possess...
Hopefully, a mad billionaire will come along to mess up everyone's day...
Really, at this point, that is the only way we will be told the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is a psychological phenomenon called "PAREIDOLIA"

en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia (pronounced /pærɪˈdoʊliə/ pa-ri-DOE-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

----------------

IMHO, I think that there is a lot of others images from surface of Mars, that show more significant evidence of intelligent life that this "lines" over the ground.

Example:

Bye bye...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The pictures remind me of something I saw today. I was looking at the clouds and one looked like a bunny. I wonder if that means gaseous civilisations living in our own atmosphere think my rabbit is their God.

It takes a lot of imagination to actually see something in those pictures. It doesn't means civilisations never inhabited the red planet, but without the suggestives pictures I only see compression and noise. I am impressed It made It to the front page.

On the same idea you can visit stuffthatlookslikejesus.com...
Or also www.bukisa.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by gagol]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Your_Number_One_Fan

maybe he doesn't like aliens? Maybe one of those few humans who believes we are the only species to overcome GOD's laws? I know he don't like crop circles.

But you are right though and if my memory is correct that the giza pyramids were in fact covered by sand. The only thing you could see was the sphynx head.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join