It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. girls starting puberty early

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Haven't they been apparantly poisoning us with fluoride for over half a century or something now and it's only just making females hit puberty earlier, also the males are drinking the same water, why is it not affecting them ?
[edit on 9/8/10 by Discotech]

Well i don't know. But i do know that I am a male and i am a soy milk drinker, which contains some form of estrogen, and I started getting my pubic hairs at the age of 15.

Some guys i know where getting them at age 12.

Some girls... at age 7? Freaking hell thats early.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

I noticed this years ago. I also noticed boys are losing their hair (receding hairline) at an early age too.

I attribute this to the growth hormones (that plump up) the animals/fruit/vegetables we eat.

Disgusting if you ask me.

And then these poor girls are using these birth control chemicals that impede their menstrual cycles for months if not, years!

Younger generations are going to have a tough time in the latter years I have a feeling.

Glad I lived/grew up when I did. The 70's rocked!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

I don't think it has to do with Flouride, but the milk. They pump up their cows with hormones now a days to make them produce more milk, and thus it's going into our milk supply and giving young girls the boost to produce these hormones earlier. I should know my niece is going through a massive change she is now 9! My girls are not going through any changes because we get organic milk, with no hormones at all. The reason why girls are going through it then boys, well we've been spoon fed to believe that drinking large amounts of calcium will help prevent Osteoporosis, which is more common in females then in males.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I was surprised to see thread still as active as it is. This study is flawed; there simply isn't enough data to reach a conclusion. Please refer to my post on page two.

You can all discuss till you are blue in the face its this, it's that. But until we have a a full range of statistics the study tells us nothing.

There is no evidence to suggest that girls are or are not reaching puberty earlier as a trend moving forwards. All we have is a rise from the last test data.

But what if the next test sample in 10 years states there is a decrease in the number of children reaching puberty? The negative figure could totally nullify the gain from the first two tests.

It is totally nonsensical to argue about a study that has not concluded yet. It's a bit like trying to judge an artist on his finished painting before he has laid any paint.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I've been noticing girls developing younger and younger for the past 10 years. I've discussed it with many people who have noticed the same. Not scientific by any means. But obvious. You wait until the scientist tell you what is happening and what to do. I don't need scientist to tell me what to do. I stopped eating meat with growth hormones and stopped drinking water with flouride long ago.

Go ahead drink the flouride flavored kool aid all you want

[edit on 10-8-2010 by 2 cents]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I really haven't noticed a change in girls developing early....

Excuse me young lady, I didn't mean for you to bump into me...

DUH... I'm 47 and don't remember girls looking like this at 12 years old. Now a days, I go to the mall and lil'girls are built like pamela anderson...

it could have caused mucho problems for us back in Junior High...

I have a small farm and we are all natural here...organic certification costs too much..but we are all natural...WHY?

All the hormones to rush growth and developement... put on weight fast...send to market for a faster turn over on your money/investment.

You ARE what you eat...as such, we have 12 year old Playboy Pinups.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents

I've been noticing girls developing younger and younger for the past 10 years. I've discussed it with many people who have noticed the same. Not scientific by any means. But obvious. You wait until the scientist tell you what is happening and what to do. I don't need scientist to tell me what to do. I stopped eating meat with growth hormones and stopped drinking water with flouride long ago.

Go ahead drink the flouride flavored kool aid all you want

Someone once told me that if you want to dig a hole you need a spade... I said why??... To which the response came because that's what I use and it works...

I then said no... Why do you want to dig a hole!!

My point being, unless there is a reason to do something, any action would be pointless.

As this study gives us no conclusions, there is no reason to do anything.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My point exactly. You wait for conclusions from scientist to tell you that unatural things like growth hormones in our food is bad. And if they finally tell you it is you will have waited ... twenty or thirty years?

Remember when hydrogenated oils were better than saturated fats? Hydrogenated oils have a byproduct of transfats
en.wikipedia.org...

For years people were told margarine was better for you than butter. Now they are trying to remove trans fats from everything. Trans fats are for the most part artificial.

Why so much faith and trust in the food industry? So much to gain from so many corners cut.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

My point exactly. You wait for conclusions from scientist to tell you that unatural things like growth hormones in our food is bad. And if they finally tell you it is you will have waited ... twenty or thirty years?

So you say dig lots of holes just in case??

If we were to believe everything we are told including what our own brain tells us we would be on a diet of beer and cigarettes...

At least that way we would know how we were killing ourselves.

One day we will all have a wrist band which tells us exactly what to eat and when to maintain our health, until then there is pretty much nothing you can do to ensure your longevity other than using scientific reports.

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ridiculous analogy

One day we will all have a wrist band which tells us exactly what to eat and when to maintain our health, until then there is pretty much nothing you can do to ensure your longevity other than using scientific reports.

I recommend taking personal responsibility for your health and using your common sense rather than waiting on someone to invent wrist bands or for the food industry to actually care about you. Who but you is going to care more about your health?

edit: you can have the last word, I have nothing more to say than this. I have noticed girls developing younger and younger. The cause of which I am not certain. I suspect that bovine growth hormone may be the culprit. Giving cows BGH may be good for profits but its unlikely to contribute to our health. My common sense dictates to me that waiting for either the food industry to give a rats ass or scientist to figure this all out while eating that stuff is not too bright. To each his own.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Tell me oh wise one. What are the known adverse side effects of fluoride consumption? Oh I forgot you don't "do" factual analysis.

You're right, i don't look into fluoride consumption. Im not some kind of chemist who studies these things.

But neither are you.

Some people devote themselves to figuring it out. And ill take something they say with a little less grain of salt than, say, you.

And for the record, im not always a nay-sayer. I just don't hop on the bandwagon like some of you, every time an anti-government thread pops up on these forums.

I consider myself to be a skeptic, and these kinds of posts hardly ever convince me of the agenda, because the lack one key ingredient.

Proof.

Show me proof and you change my mind. Show me stupidity and sensationalism, and you get a nay.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ridiculous analogy

Really??

Can a person whom has been blind since birth ever know what it is to experience the colour Orange??

I recommend taking personal responsibility for your health and using your common sense rather than waiting on someone to invent wrist bands or for the food industry to actually care about you. Who but you is going to care more about your health?

And use what data to tell me what is best for me?

See my point?

Korg.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

No one has claimed every case of early puberty or estrogen dominance was due to this. And this is not about species-specific hormones, it's about chemical structures that MIMIC estrogen in that the molecular structure is very similar and these chemicals bind to our receptor sites - in the same way synthetic drugs work.

I'm a 49 year old woman too. I started a little late, and I'm still in a training bra. Doesn't matter - we're talking about a clear correlation documented by real science (not pseudo science or opinion). It's the accumulation of these substances over time that bring on problems. You and I weren't fed out of baby bottles with xenoestrogens in the plastics, but our children were (well, mine weren't, and I actually wore big girl bras then! *lol*). But of course not everyone is effected in the same way. Every smoker doesn't develop heart disease - but few would argue there's not a connection.

Mine isn't a half-baked understanding, it's the tip of understanding. A lot of the material is in academic and professional journals and it's not always as easy as posting a bunch of links (this is where many of the natural therapy and environmental articles get their information, but many people don't want to consider those as "real" sources). Still, I'd be more than happy to share (or point someone to) sources I've consulted if someone is truly interested, but I'm not going to spend the time to compile all that just to "prove I'm right" to opinionated skeptics and bashers (that's not directed at you, stars15k). The sources are usually ignored or trashed by these folks anyway because the interest isn't in learning, sharing or discussing, but in having the argument (or flexing testosterone).

That said, at least look at this - Wikipedia provides good unbiased information summaries, and more important, resources are listed. Just because a source isn't "clickable," it doesn't mean it's bogus; it just means it's not available for free on the Internet: en.wikipedia.org...
(Note the second footnote was based on research conducted early this decade. This is important because research, studies and findings have have increased considerably in the last 5-10 years.)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Do studies not exist because you haven't read them?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

If we were to believe everything we are told including what our own brain tells us we would be on a diet of beer and cigarettes...

At least that way we would know how we were killing ourselves.

all the best,

Korg.

1980 "more studies are needed".

ten years later:-

1990 more studies are needed.

2000 more studies are needed.

2020 more studies are needed.

ten thousand years later on after the all humans turned into freaks are dead:-

epitaph.

more studies were needed.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Raist

I agree.
I thought the whole fluoride thing was supposed to supress the pineal gland or something.
Early puberty...I will go out on a limb and say its the meat first.

A "P.S." before I catch up on recent posts (found and forgot this earlier):

www.endocrineweb.com...

...The pineal gland produces melatonin, which helps maintain circadian rhythm and regulate reproductive hormones.

...The pineal gland often appears calcified in x-rays, which is usually due to fluoride, calcium, and phosphorus deposits that build up with age.
(italics/bold mine)

Insomnia is a common symptom of menopause (notice my post times? *lol*) and excessive sleep is common during puberty. What modern medicine ignores is that EVERYTHING is interrelated and dependent on balance between countless other variables. Focus on one thing and you'll disrupt others.

That's also the problem with most pharmaceuticals - an "active" ingredient is isolated then modified so it can be patented ($$). Removed and altered from its natural state it, it no longer has the synergy and buffers which made it work so well - without side effects - in the first place. Aspirin's a perfect example - when used in its natural form (willow bark), it works and doesn't cause the side effects we all know about. Once isolated and altered it may seem to "work better" to some degree, but the protective chemicals that made it holistically safe are stripped away.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Sourdough4life
One word:

SOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all the estrogenic foods these girls eat. People blame it on meat but the hormones in meat are minuscule compared to soy.

No, plant derived estrogens are not processed in the same way as those produced within the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Soy is the culprit then Asians shouldn't exist. Their diet is heavy on the Soy. They are not sterile and puberty doesn't seem to be coming on early over in that part of the world.

True, they aren't the same, but we don't "process" hormones like we do foods. Receptor cells accept hormones (chemicals) thus influencing different processes. When any chemical closely resembles the molecule 'designed' for a certain cell, the cell accepts it. That's how blocker drugs work - basically 'tricking' the brain/body think.

But look closer at what it says in your source:

Soybeans and processed soy foods are among the richest foods in total phytoestrogens (wet basis per 100g), which are present primarily in the form of the isoflavones daidzein and genistein.

Because most naturally occurring estrogenic substances show weak activity, normal consumption of foods that contain these phytoestrogens should not provide sufficient amounts to elicit a physiological response in humans.

A 2001 literature review suggested that women with current or past breast cancer should be aware of the risks of potential tumor growth when taking soy products, based on the effect of phytoestrogens to promote breast cancer cell growth in animals.

A high consumption of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are found in most types of vegetable oil including soybean oil, may increase the likelihood that postmenopausal women will develop breast cancer.

In 2008, an epidemiological study of 719 Indonesian elderly found that tofu intake was associated with worse memory, but tempeh (a fermented soy product) intake was associated with better memory.

It's important to remember that more than 90% of all soy in the United States is (FDA approved) genetically modified (which recent research is beginning to show has it's own set of health problems); our food supply is no longer "natural," by any means; our consumption is not "normal," and I'd bet the Asian soy supply and processing differs a great deal from ours.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
LOL such typical responses.

Paranoid
Short Sighted

....What triggers puberty?
Why do different people go through it at different times?

Who knows?

As life expectancy grows, wouldn't it be, at the very least, intelligent and rational to expect that things, like puberty, may be affected as well?

...Freaking Unbelievable.

You must be playing devil's advocate, as these statements are ...Freaking Unbelievable

I have Starred and Flagged this thread!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

1980 "more studies are needed".

1990 more studies are needed.

2000 more studies are needed.

2020 more studies are needed.

ten thousand years later on after the all humans turned into freaks are dead:-

epitaph.

more studies were needed.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by nobodysavedme]

You're totally missing the the point.

You can't conclude a trend with only two sets of data.. Period.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

You must be playing devil's advocate, as these statements are ...Freaking Unbelievable

I have Starred and Flagged this thread!!!

Whatever floats your boat. Personally, i prefer to see evidence and proof before I jump on a bandwagon. But apparently you're quite the opposite.

nothing wrong with that. No no, really...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join