It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot to explore mysterious tunnels in Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
For 4,500 years, no one has known what lies beyond two stone doors deep inside the monument

For 4,500 years, the Great Pyramid at Giza has enthralled, fascinated and ultimately frustrated everyone who has attempted to penetrate its secrets.

Now a robotics team from Leeds University, working with Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, is preparing a machine which they hope will solve one of its enduring mysteries.

The pyramid, known as the Pyramid of Khufu after the king who built it around 2,560BC, is the only wonder of the ancient world still standing. At its heart are two rooms known as the King's Chamber and the Queen's Chamber. Two shafts rise from the King's Chamber at 45-degree angles and lead to the exterior of the monument. They are believed to be a passageway designed to fire the king's spirit into the firmament so that he can take his place among the stars.

Link to Article

At last something to look forward to - lets hope it's done in public and not behind closed doors ( no pun intended ! )

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nice going OP great find.

Graham Hancock has been trying to get the Egyptian authorities to move on this for quite some time, lets hope that these groups are more successful. There is absolutely no evidence to support that the pyramids, in particular this one was a burial place. Moreover I think there is enough evidence to suggest that there is much more to this particular pyramid than meets the eye. The fact the the tunnels and shafts were 'designed' in a particular way to correspond with astrological alignments suggests a clear connection to the stars.

There is no doubt in my mind the egyptologists have stalled on khufu supposed tomb for many years now the question you have to ask is why?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Lets hope that there secret to be gleaned from the investigation which will sift there way down to the masses.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Maybe one of 13 crystal skulls:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
unfortunately you will never find out whats inside because these people have always kept it behind closed doors, even now ! the age of live mobile broadcasting technology

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
unfortunately you will never find out whats inside because these people have always kept it behind closed doors, even now ! the age of live mobile broadcasting technology

Too true, the last I heard dr hawass was trying to sell the TV rights to the grand opening unfortunately though what was behind those doors is now long gone and most probably been replaced with artifacts that fit modern sciences explanation of the egyptology. Hidden archeaology at its best.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why did it take so long to continue operations from when they went past the first door? Why didn't that robot attempt to open the second door right after the first? It only makes sense... just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That lazy journalist must be on his holidays and posting an old story. We were on this story this time last year...The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

I've been checking every couple of weeks since and it's like nothing ever happened. Before Hawass was invited to evade retirement, I hoped he was saving it as a last 'big show' for his exit. Here we are a year past and no news of failures or successes...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Really? Damn... I remember checking every few weeks after the article from that thread got posted but nothing ever came up. Search 'pyramid robot' in Google News, currently there's about 13 news stories covering this, all from the last few days. If there haven't been any new developments, then this is seriously delayed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I thought this was the same story, but hoped it was just new information on it. I wonder if they just found nothing, or if the robot just did not work the way that they expected? It would be nice if they would have posted at least something.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Is it just coincidental that they are going to get beyond the door in time for 2012? Just seems like part of their little celebration to me. I think the pyramids play a role with this 2012 spiritual awakening thing, just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Exactly my thoughts as well. The truth of alot of things will hopefully come into the light in 2012 including the mysteries of the Great Pyramid and the Hall of Records under the Sphinx among other things around the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
well it could also be another dissappointment like...

another stone door

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Exactly my thoughts as well. The truth of alot of things will hopefully come into the light in 2012 including the mysteries of the Great Pyramid and the Hall of Records under the Sphinx among other things around the world.

They are also on the verge of finding out who built the sacred Aztec site called Teotihuacan. It would be interesting if they found something common to both pyramids Sun and Khufu

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
That lazy journalist must be on his holidays and posting an old story. We were on this story this time last year...The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

I've been checking every couple of weeks since and it's like nothing ever happened. Before Hawass was invited to evade retirement, I hoped he was saving it as a last 'big show' for his exit. Here we are a year past and no news of failures or successes...

News that is deemed fit to print by the PTB is in short supply sometimes. You gotta have the reruns.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hiya guys. The current media interest is linked to the original Independent article in Did you see them's OP. The journalist (Andrew Johnson) has not done his due diligence and posted a story from way back. He could be on a beach somewhere and knows his editor doesn't check these filler articles either...

It's been Facebooked over 1300 times and gone round the internet. From there, it's been picked up by the other media outkets and blogs who also haven't checked out any facts or details!

I've checked Hawass' blog and there's no mention.

'Rerun' indeed. It still leaves the question of what happened with those robot critters they sent up the shafts last year?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea6012bdff50.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Discovery.com confirms this story.

Robert Richardson, an engineer working on the robot at Leeds University told The Independent, "We are preparing the robot now and expect to send it up before the end of the year. It's a big question, and it's very important not to cause unnecessary damage."

news.discovery.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Same again Aggie...it's on a loopback to the guy from The Independent!

But Zahi Hawass, one of the experts leading the Egyptian expedition, told The Independent, "It looks as if (the door) is screening or covering something."
your link

Although the 'Leeds robot' just began the actual investigation of the secret doors last week, Dr. Hawass revealed at his lecture that on the 31th of July the Leeds team already had a major breakthrough. But that was all information Dr. Zahi was willing to share (except that they'll be taking a look at the other shafts also). No hint at what kind of 'major breakthrough' this could be, nor did he share any photographs, video or even just 3D sketches of the robot.
RoboScarab - The Next Generation of Robot Pyramid Explorers...August 2009

HK: Is it true that the team from Leeds University began the robotic exploration of the shafts in the Queen’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid last week?
ZH: Yes
HK: Do you intend to focus just on the southern shaft or will you be returning to the northern shaft as well?
ZH: We’ll do the south and the north shafts.
Heritage Key interview with Hawass...August 2009

It's great evidence that journalists don't always check their sources...no surprise.

The biggest question for me is why, after a year, we still don't know what happened or what results came from these scarab robots exploring the shafts?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Makes you wonder at why there is no mention of what happened. You would think that they would at least say that the robots broke, got stuck, etc. Even if they found nothing at all you would think there would be information on this. Unless they just thought that since there was nothing to report, they just did not.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I found a new article on this topic. The article says that the project may begin in 6 weeks.

www.aolnews.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join