It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

www.kavkazcenter.com

Unofficially, they speak about plague in Russia, but first of all, about sharply elevated radioactive background in the city, caused by destruction of atomic bombs in fires at nuclear weapons arsenals outside Moscow. According to unofficial information, warehouses of chemical and bacteriological weapons were also burnt down.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
firefly.geog.umd.edu

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this and have not been able to verify all the info within. I would appreciate any additions to this article and links.

I am including a link to a global fire map, it looks like the whole world is one big bonfire, but I cant find any substantial reports on any of them!
from the fire map it appears that if you consolidated all the fires to one lond mass that the entire continent of Africa would be burning.

As to the release of Radiation into the air in russia, excuse me if I am wrong, but wont that smoke and radioactive material make it into the jet stream and be circulated around the globe?

www.kavkazcenter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The fact this fire is barely being reported on at all makes me suspicious. If these(South America and Africa included) fires are as massive as people are claiming, is it possible they could cause a mini nuclear winter?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getagripplease
The fact this fire is barely being reported on at all makes me suspicious. If these(South America and Africa included) fires are as massive as people are claiming, is it possible they could cause a mini nuclear winter?

I guess this is the part where they tell us we're gonna die from global warming while heading toward, yes, a nuclear winter. Very good. The confusion technique of hypnosis.

In the morning I can scarcely see the Sun, though it looked like a clear day as far as clouds go. Chicago. This is ash, volcanoe and fire ash.

I think it will be very cold. All that's happened is tptb have kicked their plans back in to gear, as predicted.

What I enjoy is listening to the voices in the doom global warming flicks. They are experts at this art. The music can kill you even with no doomsday words attached. It is a science.

They even had the nerve to say "brought to you by the same people who gave you 'an inconvenient truth'", so confident are they with their media hoaxer skills!

So sick of corporate strangleholds on our backs. I cannot grasp the scope of it.

We must shrug these bastards. The laws are coming down hard and fast to keep people from breaking away from the grid, I notice. Punish the farmer, and eventually the landowner, for dust. Come down hard on the individual. Limit corporations to pay 25K per day max, no matter how big a turd they lay smoking at pour door! It's a recipe for failure!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getagripplease

I guess this is the part where they tell us we're gonna die from global warming while heading toward, yes, a nuclear winter. Very good. The confusion technique of hypnosis.

In the morning I can scarcely see the Sun, though it looked like a clear day as far as clouds go. Chicago. This is ash, volcanoe and fire ash.

I think it will be very cold. All that's happened is tptb have kicked their plans back in to gear, as predicted.

What I enjoy is listening to the voices in the doom global warming flicks. They are experts at this art. The music can kill you even with no doomsday words attached. It is a science.

They even had the nerve to say "brought to you by the same people who gave you 'an inconvenient truth'", so confident are they with their media hoaxer skills!

So sick of corporate strangleholds on our backs. I cannot grasp the scope of it.

We must shrug these bastards. The laws are coming down hard and fast to keep people from breaking away from the grid, I notice. Punish the farmer, and eventually the landowner, for dust. Come down hard on the individual. Limit corporations to pay 25K per day max, no matter how big a turd they lay smoking at our door! It's a recipe for disaster!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

Thanks for the thread, very interesting. My friends brother works at the British Embassy in Moscow so I will ask him whats going on with his brother.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thank you, I am starving for more information.
I was talking with a friend and was thinking, is this somthing that was created to keep Russia busy while we Bomb Iran? If so, whats going to happen in china to keep them busy?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

us controls the weather now?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The wild fire situation in Russia is bad, real bad.

But plese note that Kavkaz Central is a hard line anti-Russian website run by "Muslim" fundamentalists based in the Caucasian region.
Thus not to be considered a valid source.

But I do agree that the coverage of the crisis is lacking. However, this is just normal procedure when it comes to the Russian media outlet.
The world remains on a "need-to-know basis".

The fires will die out eventually, but the destruction of natures own air conditioning system, the forests, will make next summer even warmer and drier. This combined with the fact that the vast Russian inland is often inaccessible makes it a real tricky situation.

That's what I had to say...
/Raud

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
If you go to maps.geog.umd.edu... you can download a 24hr or 48 hr KML map layer of fires/hotspots for Google Earth. It doesn't look too good...

[edit on 8/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
OK, I am now certifiably insane.

My post here was removed, and when I complained it was reinstated.
Is it me who is mad?

Or is it people playing silly games?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
From the Moscow Times:

The Defense Ministry initially denied the fire before confirming it Tuesday.
The base was not identified, but the town of Shchurov hosts a supply base that provides ammunition and equipment for both the Navy and the Air Force and stores more than 65,000 tons of various equipment, the local weekly Ugol Zreniya reported in March.
Meanwhile, wildfires burned dangerously close to Sarov, a town in the Nizhny Novgorod region that acts as the country's nuclear research center and is off-limits to foreigners, prompting Rosatom chief Sergei Kiriyenko to fly to the town to personally oversee firefighting efforts.

But here (today) they claim the fire has now been extinguished:
www.themoscowtimes.com...

Firefighters scored a small victory in their battle against wildfires Sunday when they finally put out blazes that had threatened the Sarov nuclear research center.
But wildfires continued to ravage other areas, and the opposition accused authorities of being in denial.
Soldiers dug an eight-kilometer canal to keep fires away from Sarov, ringed by forest in the Nizhny Novgorod region, before the fires were finally extinguished Sunday, emergency officials said.
On Friday, firefighters had to extinguish two blazes inside the perimeter of the city.
Sarov is a closed town whose nuclear site produced the first Soviet atomic bomb in 1949 and remains the main nuclear design and production facility in Russia.

The only thing i can't find confirmation on is the raised radioactive background that would cause the evacuations. Although, at this point i give that a high chance of probability.

Can anyone confirm whether the fallout zone has been subjected to a forest fire since Chernobyl?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
since we didn't buy the "global warming" claims, they decided to create it themselves. the evil behind those responsible are unreal.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
OK, I am now certifiably insane.

My post here was removed, and when I complained it was reinstated.
Is it me who is mad?

Or is it people playing silly games?

the only post from you on this thread is this one
please provide more details on censorship and the reason for it
is this a conspiracy of censorship on a conspiracy website?

the fires in russia are far worse than anything you could imagine
like the ones in australia a while back
these fires are very disturbing and may create a crop failure
in some countries

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Regarding elevated background radiation - how about a slightly more plausible scenario. Forest fires in the Ukraine around the Chernobyl region have thrown up smoke with trace amounts of fallout.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Looks like Russia is as care free as it was 2 decades ago,

Only after radiation levels set off alarms at the Forsmark Nuclear Power Plant in Sweden[42] did the Soviet Union admit that an accident had occurred, but authorities attempted to conceal the scale of the disaster. To evacuate the city of Pripyat, the following warning message was reported on local radio: "An accident has occurred at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. One of the atomic reactors has been damaged. Aid will be given to those affected and a committee of government inquiry has been set up." This message gave the false impression that any damage or radiation was localized.

Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
there is already a thread on this subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join