It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Meltdown of FEAR: Eliminated by 60+ visual aids.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TOM-BOLA

I appreciate your enthusiasm! I'll be working on porting it into regular printer friendly form tonight. This is part of a larger film project. I talked about it in a couple posts in this thread. Thanks.

reply to post by FIFIGI

At what cost? There's a reason why such isn't already common place: It's uneconomical, and will be for some time.

At what point with a earth coated with solar panels and gigantic wind turbines, and coasts littered with high maintainence wave generators, would we consider that pollution?

That's not to say don't do any of it, but to assume a growing and increasingly technologically based population can do it all with strict renewables only, without stimying the world economy and preventing the third world of developing, is unrealistic wishful thinking.

And that's just electricity. If you want a hydrogen fuel economy GenIV is the best enabler out there.

It seems like you're referring to nuclear technology without really taking into account the new possibilities of GenIV technology. GenIV is about turning the existing nuclear "waste" stockpiles into an abundant energy supply, and ending the need to the weaponry 'by products' of refinement. You might consider taking a good in depth look at GenIV, and not listening wholeheartedly to the tired old arguments against nuclear power that only address the old way of doing it.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Hey that's where I remember you from. It seems I have the last comment in that thread from a good while ago...

Haha, indeed, I noticed that after reading through the thread. I'll have to get around to responding to you there as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
NoHierarchy, I'm very interested in your theories on global warming, because I don't believe it's manmade. However, I do believe that man has contributed to the problem through pollution and the destruction of forests. I also think that Gore is a diversion for the real cause of global warming.

I have no links or proof of anything, but I feel the earth's core temperature has risen. The ice is melting in some areas and it's enough for native people to state they've never seen anything like it. National Geographic dedicated a magazine to smoldering volcanoes(quite a few), which does put Co2 in the atmosphere, as well as, the natives that have always obtained their livelyhood from the Alaskan waters and can't help but notice the decreasing ice caps.l

There are some areas around the US where water is lapping at people's doors and a huge hotel is in danger of being part of the shore!
There is so much contradictory information out there and I think this is the biggest coverup besides Al Gore's mission. I think the Cap and Trade is only another way of gaining more tax money from the people.

I believe I just read that this year is the hottest year on record, but there are numberous links to other articles stating that the last nine years are hottest on record. Of course NASA is going state that 1934 was the hottest year on record. There are so many links that support either side! So which is it? There's no way of knowing,unless we are receiving accurate information. Here's a link stating that the last nine years are hottest on record.www.washingtonpost.com...

Actually, I am basing my opinions on my own observations and premonitions, which count for nothing.

I think this is a very good thread with a lot of research and I think fear was originally to be used as a tool for martial law. Yes, I think it's celestial. If other planets are heating up, why not earth?

Excellent! It's good to see someone who's open to truth on either side of the debate.

From my point of view, hearing out denier arguments and researching them for myself, I've come to the conclusion that the science behind anthropogenic global warming is completely undeniable and that the majority of those railing against it are either ideologically slanted, financially corrupted, or plain ignorant of the facts.

Please check out my thread and these other links on the issue, they should do a great job of getting you started and informing you on the data/science!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.ucsusa.org...

www.grist.org...

www.skepticalscience.com...

www.realclimate.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Some advice: Always try to find the most rational sources of opinion.

The so-called "scientific consensus" with global warming is based purely on opinion, not actual science. Science is math, not assumption. To see the myth of scientific consensus turned upside down see here:
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

When someone calls a skeptic a "denier", they're clearly biased. In this case, this goes beyond referring to the other side as "alarmists", because that's in fact what they are: They're absolutely convinced of a total doomsday scenario, and anyone who disagrees is a "denier". This still even applies after the "scientists" are busted engaging in unscientific behavior to perpetuate the myth/hoax/fraud whatever you want to call it.

Note this study on political bias:

decisions without letting the facts get in the way, a new study shows.

And they get quite a rush from ignoring information that's contrary to their point of view.

Researchers asked staunch party members from both sides to evaluate information that threatened their preferred candidate prior to the 2004 Presidential election. The subjects' brains were monitored while they pondered.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

That study of left / right political adepts is a perfect illustration of the wider world of competing binary ideologies. Brain scans showed that the true followers of in that case Bush or Kerry literally lie to themselves when shown their own candidate totally contradicting themselves. When that occurs, the brains pleasures centers release endorphins. They actually get high from self-deceiving themselves.

This is very interesting for the global warming issue. There are in fact total deniers, and total faithful alarmists. The thing is, the alarmists lump skeptics and deniers together, much like Christians lump all 'heretic' agnostics in with staunch atheists.

Then you have this thread, where I took a rather minimalist approach to showing numerous examples of how flawed and limited the actual historical temperature record is, to demonstrate we simply don't have reliable enough data or methods to even know. Now if you look above, you'll see a bunch of agenda driven sources who surely would refer to skeptics as deniers. That might be fine, except the elephant in the room I've pointed out once again.

I'll let you do the math.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great post IIB! I really appreciate the hard work you must have put in to present us all this information.
When you say "War on Terror Logic" it popped into my head that really what is going on is not a war on terror but indeed a war on logic itself. To truly manipulate the masses to do anything they must first destroy our powers of deductive reasoning.
Sure, the school system and TV gets our young off to a fine start towards a completely non-intellectual, video game ,shoot 'em up mentality that has all the depth of professional wresting. The focus on sports and celebrity are absolutely mind-boggling. Environmentalism has been kidnapped and brainwashed into a political action committee.
With the media and Google now giving them instant feedback on what pushes our buttons it's become a fairly easy game for them to win. Unless we can unplug ourselves from this technology driven nightmare we are doomed to perish within it.
No doubt the very rich have already cloned themselves for future organ donors. The rich plan to live forever and they might come close to it given the rapid advances in computing technology. what the public is allowed to purchase and use are only the scraps that fell from Dr. Frankenstein's table.
I suppose I am rambling a bit after reading the entire page of IGA Manhattan project that you gave links to. Thank you for that. It really lays out whats happening and where it's heading.
Having 2 grandchildren myself I fear for the future. The fruits of our sciences should have been enjoyed by all but have been taken hostage by the elites.

A Luddite born 150 years too late,
Asktheanimals.

(whoops, does that put me on ANOTHER list? omg!
)
So what?

Hey dude, Roll your own cigarettes with organic tobacco and you can avoid all the toxins they throw it. Not only that but it will save you money. -from another die hard smoker.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wow well said Ask! I could read several more pages of that rambling.

I have this in a more printer friendly form finally:
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
%*$&$

My mom was diagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer this week.

553,251 people died from cancer in 2001. Following the war on terror 'logic', we should be spending about 129 trillion dollars annually on cancer research.

I'm currently working on the most exhaustive presentation I can muster on preventing and stopping cancer.

She's been smoking for several decades, which definitely made her at elevated risks, but I can't help but consider that in October of last year her work made her take the nasal form of H1N1 vaccine (which she had an immediate allergic reaction to), and then in December they instituted the aforementioned Fire Safe Cigarettes. 8 years ago when I first moved to Tampa Florida I worked in sheet commercial metal HVAC installation. There was a 65 year old man named Wayne who had been smoking filterless Pall Mall's for 50 years, out there everyday with us in the heat and sweat and dust and fiberglass environment. People can go on just fine being regular smokers is the point.

What pisses me off to no end is a promising drug known as Dichloroacetic Acid (DCA) has been proven to kill lung and brain cancer, yet it isn't being funded for human trials to get FDA approval for regular treatment because its patent has expired and the Big Pharm who runs the FDA can't make trillions of dollars off of it.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey man,

Sorry to hear that about your mother, hope you and the family are doing fine!

You know I liked your post on the fear thing... BUT...
I just went trough your AGI Manhattan project and have some remarks I want to share...

You compose this thread about global fear politics and how it doesn't ad up with logic which I fully understand and applaude, but and here is the BUT, reading your AMP, I was thinking the same thing... Man, what a work of fear based points...

I'l try to explain myself...

If I would be an elite or 'a power that is', why go trough so much hassle?
First you tell me they are on top of the money pile and then they try to scam us via taxes to fund their own projects? I don't get that...
If I was the boss of the money, i would just keep it for myself, don't spend it first to retrieve it later...
Second, if the elite wants all of the things you write about, why don't they just take it.
Get rid of the people who oppose them and do it...
They should easily have the capability to fund some kind of bio agent to kill the people they want and take whatever... And of course get away with it, cause they are the elite... Again why so much hassle?

If they have so much power why wait? Propably there are 'Elite of certain age who going to die soon.
So what's up with all this planning? Just do it I would say...

And another thing...
What about the fact that once 90 percent of the population is gone and the 'elite' survives, money wouldn't be of no value then, cause everybody has more than enough...
In what kind of world would they end up in, and you really think that's the world they want to be in... A world full of gods to do what? Why? To be the god of nothing left?
I don't get it...

We all need each other, black needs white to be black, good needs bad to be good, rich needs poor to be rich...
The only thing keeping us all down is the fact that we forgot to smile once in a while. Live life, cause that is why we are here...

That is why I loved your piece about fear to get back on track BUT have difficulties understanding the things you write about in this AGI project...

Cheers

tOm

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TOM-BOLA

Heard.

It's all about valid danger.

Between that rendition of AGI Manhattan Project, and the expansion in this thread and my other expansion "Economic World War"... there has been hardly any challengers whatsoever to them individually, or combined. It's actually kind of disappointing because challenge helps me build even stronger arguments, and it isn't like I've only kept this narrative locked up in ATS.

Economic World War went that extra mile to show how hardcore we're under attack. That is scary stuff.

This piece shows how deep the lies run to control us and to facilitate the "AMP" as you call it (good call). The real agenda behind the facade of terror can't be expected to not itself be scary.

If I would be an elite or 'a power that is', why go trough so much hassle?

First you tell me they are on top of the money pile and then they try to scam us via taxes to fund their own projects? I don't get that...
If I was the boss of the money, i would just keep it for myself, don't spend it first to retrieve it later...

They get to keep their money, while scamming us to add to it and having us pay for their utopia promised land. Makes 'perfect' sense.

Becoming gods ought to be worth the hassle for them, and what better way to become gods than have the sheep pay for it?

If you have a better explanation for all of the observations I've been chronicling I'd love to hear it.

Second, if the elite wants all of the things you write about, why don't they just take it.
Get rid of the people who oppose them and do it...
They should easily have the capability to fund some kind of bio agent to kill the people they want and take whatever... And of course get away with it, cause they are the elite... Again why so much hassle?

Well, they are "taking" "it", but no matter what they spend they can only speed up technological progress so much while it gets easier and cheaper as they go. Consolidation of power and concentration of wealth keeps going thru rapid sea-changes that I point out seem to go hand in hand with technological progress.

They're making lists of people. The Nazi's, and communists' did the same thing. Better hope I'm wrong.

I haven't said they wont use bioweapons, or that they will. I wouldn't put it past them, but don't exactly have quotes to use. That's all speculation and despite all of my subject matter I go to a lot of trouble to avoid all of the speculation that I can.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "hassle"?

If they have so much power why wait? Propably there are 'Elite of certain age who going to die soon.
So what's up with all this planning? Just do it I would say...

Just do what? Not only are they using us to fund their machinations, they have plenty of ordinary people unwittingly working on all of it. Why don't they wipe us out? Maybe they aren't as far along as they need to be. I don't know. I can only figure out so much, and do the best with the facts and trends I have to work with. I knew there would be an economic meltdown, but when it came I didn't think they were far enough along, meaning I didn't think it'd come so soon. In hindsight, I realize that the meltdown was to being rapid plundering, without actually hindering their progress. I still think the true collapse will be held off until they're satisfied with their achievements, but trying to predict when that would be would be on par with trying to predict the second coming. My rally cry is lets not wait around to find out.

What about the fact that once 90 percent of the population is gone and the 'elite' survives, money wouldn't be of no value then, cause everybody has more than enough...

Do you think the utopia vision of the elite has the earth packed shoulder to shoulder with sheep? In Tampa almost every intersection has a 3 minute wait when there's a left turn lane & signal... EXCEPT downtown: The lights there are timed so that you hit green-green-green-green, and there are no left turn lanes. On top of their mini-island 'resort' communities are only a mile from downtown.

Meet your masters:

They want The World:
www.aboardtheworld.com...

www.freedomship.com...

They seem to think they can do just fine without those who don't belong in their group.

If you know what to look for it would seem they have a system in the works where they can have their utopia that wouldn't require the real hassles of us or money:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Outstandingly good thread IIB!High quality discussions like this are one of the reasons why I always come back to ATS.Great work-thanks!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Great research and great reporting.

I think we have to accept that we have had a huge climate change recently - and that we have to farewell some beloved creatures who cannot cope with the change.

I think we also have to accept that fear is natural to humans since the first humans. It would be lovely to say goodbye to fear, but not possible, I think.

I agree that certain powerful people feed that fear for their own agenda - wealth and power of course.

Good luck to them when the world ends.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks Eric and Cat!!

Cat, I'm not sure what huge climate change you're referring to?

Also, I've only ever seen a small handful of examples of species extincted by so-called climate change, and have seen almost all of those debunked.

In my experience, the cold kills more than the heat. But it doesn't kill EVERYTHING. The most notable would be the fish down in Argentina in recent news. But studies are already showing how many survived in the areas, and I doubt the entire range of whatever was fully affected.

I used to live in Michigan and it's amazing how after a few months of spring, following the most frigid winters imaginable, that everything springs to life from frogs to bugs to furry creatures. It almost defies all reason that so many creatures come back full swing so fast.

The frost here in Florida did some major damage this year. In northern Florida it was predicted that all of the non-native reptiles from tropical zones would die off. Many did actually, but not all of them as many people assumed.
articles.latimes.com...
But a good deal of creatures that weren't native did die off. We also had a lot of manatees die in Tampa Bay, and a lot of fish especially the typically seafaring kind that spawn in rivers during the winter. But this isn't the entire range of any of these animals.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Here goes another developing story about flawed satellite data:

US Government admits satellite temperature readings “degraded.” All data taken offline in shock move. Global warming temperatures may be 10 to 15 degrees too high.

The fault was first detected after a tip off from an anonymous member of the public to climate skeptic blog, Climate Change Fraud (view original article) (August 9, 2010).

Caught in the center of the controversy is the beleaguered taxpayer funded National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA’s Program Coordinator, Chuck Pistis has now confirmed that the fast spreading story on the respected climate skeptic blog is true.

www.climatechangefraud.com...

You'd think that by now they'd be able to do it all properly?

Still waiting for that rebuttal...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
As I build this ultimate guide to cancer I can't help but consider this thread. I'm looking at so many promising treatments, that are under-studied. It seems all the real funding in ;saving lives';' goes to would be heroes.... yet these supposed heroes are all faceless. The fact that they all don't have comic books named after them should provide some insight into how its all a sales game.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Our priorities got misdirected and deflected, didn't they? Away from most things human and good. All the best to your mom on her fight. Very sorry to hear about that, Iggy.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think I'll bump this thread for you.

I agree with Bill Gates in that video 100%. Unlike some 'environmentalists', he's not talking about 'depopulation' as in killing mass amounts of people via a virus or otherwise. Rather, he's talking about improving health standards which inevitably lead to a lower birthrate, and a higher quality of life.

Let's talk about poverty. What is the minimum amount of energy that a person in a developing country should have access to for a reasonable standard of living?

Well, a level that's about half of current European usage, which is a quarter of current U.S. usage. The room for efficiency--I'm saying it's probably a factor of four. And then I'm saying the rest of the world should be allowed to live at that energy level. Now, the aggregate energy therefore for nine billion people, which is about what the peak population is expected to be, is dramatically greater than what we have today, and that's why when you multiply that big E by the CO2 per E, that number better be pretty damn small, because you're not just trying to stay where you are today; you're trying to get 90 percent down from where you are today. So wow, that number has got to be approaching zero.

How much money should we spend to rebuild the social structures damaged by infectious diseases, by HIV and AIDS?

[snip]
I'm a big believer in investing in getting poor countries to be self-sufficient in terms of health improvement, which leads to reduced population growth. I don't think there's anything that's unique to the AIDS-ravaged countries.

www.technologyreview.com...

What he's saying, is that we need an energy miracle, which is why he's investing in Nuclear energy. He also talks about Generation-IV Nuclear, which he is funding.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
great thread....was very well researched and provided us with plenty of video and reading information...thanks for sharing...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good work . Very good work. Well done. Agree with a lot. get what you are saying.

In todays world almost everything seems to have an element of fear in it. It has us surrounded. I could jabber on about this and why i think it is happening but I won't bore you.

Personally, I think,

You cannot outrun it. Stop running.
You cannot hide from it. Stop hiding.
You cannot turn your back on it. Face it.
You cannot ignore it. Throw your arms around.
You must confront head on.
It is not until the day you embrace fear, inhale it deep inside you, let it fill your body, give yourself over to it, it is not until that day when you allow yourself to drown in it that you will see it shatter infront of you in to so many tiny pieces that you will be set free from it. When you achieve this ,

everything chages. everthing.

peace

goodnight and goodluck,

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Seriously sir I must congratulate you on a fantastic post that made my brain go squishy

All we need to do is persuade the creator of the conspiracy comic to illustrate this into a colourful but informative pamphlet.

Fight the propagandists on their terms and with their tactics. I'm sure a lot of people would find it interesting to see bright pictures and colours
with easy-read text.

Star, Flag and a hearty handshake

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join