It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Warehouse Hauntings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

log in


posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
I worked in security for a large nationwide company for nearly ten years. During my tenure, there were multiple paranormal-type events that took place in the warehouses. Since many of the employees knew of my interest in the paranormal, they were comfortable enough to come to me when something strange happened to them. I gathered quite a collection of stories! There were three warehouses on the campus, so I will identify them as warehouses one, two and three.

The first strange thing that I can recall taking place was shortly after I began working third shift in warehouse one. My partner and I were monitoring a room on the other side of the building via CCTV (camera system) as we suspected someone was taking naps there. Everything was going routine when we received an unrelated medical emergency call that forced us to stop our surveillance of the room for about an hour. Once the emergency was over, we rewound the tapes to watch the hour we had missed. We had two monitors, one with the live view of the room and another with the taped view. About half way through watching the tape, we saw the dark silhouette of somebody move across the doorway inside the room. We continued reviewing the tape and caught up to the point where we resumed live surveillance. No one had come out of the room. As my partner kept an eye on the camera, I went back to physically check the room totally expecting to find someone snoozing. There was no one there. I radioed my partner to ensure no one had exited while I was in route and he confirmed that he did not observe anyone leave. I told him the room was empty and chills went down my spine. I promptly left the room. When I got back to the command post, I offered him the chance to check things out for himself but he declined! We talked about that event for a long time amongst ourselves. Years later another employee told me she was always afraid of going to that room because it felt 'uneasy'.

I have more interesting stories to share, but it is getting late and my eyes are having trouble staying open! I'll post some more stories later on.

Goodnight all!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
Now that is creepy. Do you still have the tapes? If so, definetly upload them so we can take a look. You should try doing some EVPS in the room. If you have anymore stories, do tell.

Did anyone ever die in the warehouses? Or anything of that nature?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
I worked for a warehouse company about 8 years ago, and one of the warehouses they owned was reputed to be haunted. A few people claimed someone died there, but as far as I know that is not true.

While working there, I had two unusual experiences that I have no rational explanation for.

The first one, I was sorting through some boxes, and I heard a voice call my name. I looked around, and while there were people in the vicinity, nobody was paying the slightest attention to me, and nobody was close enough for me to have heard them, because anyone speaking with the low volume I heard in the voice could not possibly have been heard from as far away as my coworkers were. I heard the voice call my name again, I think maybe 2 or 3 times; same thing. I simply shrugged it off as having imagined it, and thought nothing of it for a few weeks.

At that time I had no idea that the warehouse was supposed to be haunted. Later, when a coworker told me about the ghost that supposedly lived there, she said that one of the things it did was to call out people's names to them. I told her about that, and she seemed almost jealous, beacuse she'd never seen anything weird happen there :p

The second one, I was cleaning up for the day in my area and went to turn off the radio. I flipped the 'off' switch. It kept playing. Puzzled, I unplugged it. It kept playing. I checked for batteries; there were none inside. I turned the volume down to zero and tried changing the station; there was no change. I knew about the ghost at this point, and figured that if something paranormal really were responsible, I'd just leave it on and not mess with it :p I left the area and came back a few minutes later, and the radio was off. Since I not only know how to use a radio, but could build one (I studied electrical engineering, though I'd done only 1 year at this point) I know there was no way that radio should have still been playing after all that. I figured maybe the ghost just liked whatever song was on and wanted it to finish playing :p

There was also one employee who (before I ever worked there) described once seeing something that perfectly matches the description of a 'shadow person'. Another employee was almost killed when a loading bay door's chain inexplicably came off and the door fell; only the guy's quick reflexes saved him. (I wasn't there for that one, either) The people who were there at the time thought he'd pissed the ghost off somehow.

(if any of this sounds familiar, it's because I've posted this story on ATS at least once before a few years ago)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Unfortunately, this happened almost ten years ago, so the tapes are long gone now. My partner and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it at the time as we were both new to the company. We didn't want to be known as the kooks on third shift!

I no longer work for the company, so I wouldn't be able to do any further investigation now. I did borrow an EMF meter from a friend to check the room months after we saw the figure. The meter went haywire, but I contribute that to all of the electronics running in the room. Another story is coming soon!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Definitely strange! Thanks for sharing with us. Stories like these have always intrigued me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
About five years after the first story, a second shift employee at warehouse one left work early and was killed in a freak traffic accident. It was truly a one-in-a-million type of accident. Of course, everyone who worked with her on second shift was quite shaken by the death. Employees on first and third shifts heard about it from co-workers, but most of them didn't know her personally.

Around six or seven months later, the company decided to move all product from warehouse one to warehouse three in order to consolidate operations. A co-worker and I were walking through the active product aisles collecting and recording empty bags and misplaced merchandise. We finished one aisle and went to the next. About thirty seconds later, we heard 'SMACK', and my co-worker jumped back and screamed. I asked what the noise was and she said she saw a piece of merchandise jump off the shelf in the aisle we had just come from. We walked around the corner and a bag of merchandise was in the middle of the floor. We had just come from that aisle and knew for sure there wasn't anything hanging on the edge of the shelf or looking like it was about to fall. No one was around except us as it was lunchtime. We wrapped up the aisle we were working and went on break ourselves.

Two employees approached me in the lunchroom, the younger one visibly shaken. I asked them what the matter was and the older lady said the younger one had just seen a ghost. The young lady proceeded to tell me that as she headed to the restroom at the beginning of lunch, she saw a young blonde woman wearing a yellow dress walking toward the restroom. As she approached the woman, the woman turned her head toward her and disappeared. At that point, she screamed and ran to the older lady who was with her when they approached me. I calmed both of them down and got some water for the younger lady. I spoke to the older lady later on and determined the younger one had witnessed this just minutes before the merchandise jumped from the shelf.

The restroom was coincidentally near the room where my partner and I had seen the dark figure on camera years before. The next day I was speaking to someone who had attended the funeral of the young woman who was killed in the freak traffic accident. She mentioned that the woman was wearing a yellow dress in the casket, described exactly like the dress the young woman described to me the day before. The company had identification cards for all employees, so I printed a photo lineup that included the photo of the woman who had been killed in the accident. I spoke to the young woman who witnessed the ghost a few days earlier and asked if she would be willing to look at a photo lineup in relation to what she had seen. She agreed and instantly turned pale when she got to the photo of the woman who had been killed. She said that was the girl she had seen days before. This woman never knew the woman who was killed as they were on opposite shifts and not in the same social circle. She never brought up her sighting again.

I have a few more stories to share, but it is time for me to head out for the day. I'll try to sign on later tonight and post more. Thanks for reading!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
The past two stories were the only strange things that took place at warehouse one and nothing paranormal ever happened at warehouse two that I can recall. Warehouse two, though, was the site of two of the worst accidents that occurred while I worked for the company. The tip of a man's finger was severed when a truck driver stepped on the dock leveler he was operating and a beverage contractor's leg was crushed when the vending machine he was delivering fell onto him.

Warehouse three was by far the most haunted, and is probably one of the most paranormally active places I have ever been to. I began working at warehouse three while it was still under construction. I spoke to some of the contractors who stated they were instructed to keep a look out for skeletons, bone fragments and other relics as a small cemetery was once located near the northeastern section of the property. I did some research and indeed, a cemetery that dated to 1803 once occupied that section of land. There were several known burials, all of them young children. The records stated the cemetery had been removed, but I was unable to find any other information. The warehouse proper was not built atop this section, but the company now owned the land. Once the construction was complete, the building sat empty for almost two years while programmers worked on the software to run the building. Security, maintenance and some IT guys were the only people in the building during that time.

Almost every security officer who worked in warehouse three had paranormal experiences of their own; some of them were even hard-core skeptics until then. One of them was an older gentleman who had recently come aboard as a third shift security officer. I told him of some of the experiences that I and others had there (I'll tell those later) and he didn't believe a word of it. A month or so later he approached me and said he believed me now. While walking out to his vehicle to grab his lunch, he heard a female voice call from the break patio, "Hey security, can you open this door for me?" He said "sure," and turned to unlock the door as requested, but no one was there. This event alone didn't convince him.

We used to have huge warehouse sales at the building to get rid of overstock and returned merchandise. One night after one of those sales, this same gentleman was inspecting fire extinguishers when he heard a baby begin to cry. It sounded like the crying was coming from a restroom area and he thought someone had lost their child during the sale. He rushed over to the restroom and the crying stopped as he approached. He checked both the men's and women's restrooms and a cleaning closet to find nothing. He checked around the rest of the mezzanine he was on; nothing. So he decided to finish up his inspections and as he was checking the last extinguisher, the crying started coming from the restroom area again. He said that he went back to the command post as quick as he could! These two events combined were enough for him to believe maybe there was something to all the stories.

More to come later. I really do have enough stories about this place to fill a book, but I figured I'd post them here for everyone to enjoy for free.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:02 AM
Keep them coming SSPI07. I have enjoyed everyone of them. Man, how I love me a ghost story.

You keep sharing, and I shall be forced to let a few of mine out there. Can't wait for the next story my friend. Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
These are really good stories. I think warehouses are just naturally spooky anyway. All that empty space and not so many people. That always made me feel strange.

At any rate, I worked in a warehouse for a textile company for 11 years as a forklift operator. In 2006, about 2 years before I was laid off, the man that originally hired me (and my supervisor at the time), Buck, passed away.

When I would get to work, he would always say hello, and give me a good firm pat on the back.

Well, one night, about 2 weeks after he passed, I was at work, doing my normal duties. I was cruising down one of the aisles, carrying a couple of rolls of cloth into the bins to go on a shelf.

Well, about halfway down this aisle, SMACK! Right in the middle of my back. I thought "What the &%#$" I couldn't believe someone had jumped up on the back of my forklift and hit me in the back. I slammed on the brakes and jumped up and turned around in my seat to see who it was.

No one. Not a soul. In fact, there was no way anyone could have. The aisles were only about 8 feet wide, and maybe 75 yards long with entrances on each end. When this happened, as I said, I was about halfway down the aisle.

It kinda freaked me out a little, but then I just figured it was Buck giving me one more pat on the back.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
I have worked in various warehouses or stockrooms most of my life, and I only have ever experienced one incident that I could ever call paranormal. It was the end of the day and we had just finished cleaning up my aisle and were doing the final inspection and out of no where a case of spray on laundry starch jumped off the pallet and clunked me on the head as I walked under it.

Now I have worked in a warehouse for many years and I have seen aerosol cans build up too much pressure and explode on warm summer days, but I can tell you that not a single can of this stuff had exploded and it was perfectly leveled and squared with the pallet. It just jumped off the pallet and hit me for no reason at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
The first five years that warehouse three stood were by far the most paranormally active. There were still things that happened later, but they weren't as frequent. Like I said before, many people experienced strange things there. I would say about 90% of the security and maintenance crews had something happen to them first-hand. Here are a few more stories.

Story 1: I was sitting at the command post one weekend, talking to a security officer at one of the other warehouses. To my right were a set of double glass doors that separated the lobby from the cafeteria. As I was talking, I heard one of the glass doors swing open. I looked over expecting to see the IT guy as he was the only other person in the building. The door was swinging shut, but no one was there. I told my co-worker I'd call them back, walked over to the doors and saw no one. I immediately walked back to the command post, called the IT guy's phone and he picked up right away. I told him I was just checking something and hang up. Warehouse three was huge and there was no way he could've went from the cafe to his desk that quickly. I ruled out a change of air pressure as well since the cafeteria is open to the lobby hallway a little further down. A security camera was in position to have captured this, so I looked at the tape. Sure enough, the door opened all the way and swung closed. I could see myself in the shot and my reaction. I showed the tape to the IT guy minutes later when he was leaving for lunch and he couldn't explain it either. As with the other tape, this one is also long-gone. Boy do I wish we had DVRs back then!

Story 2: I was walking around warehouse three one night when the maintenance guy came up to me and told me that I was pretty sneaky. I asked him what he meant and he said about thirty minutes ago while he was installing a shelf, he laid down his screwdriver to use another tool. When he went to pick up his screwdriver again, it had moved about 30 feet away. He said I was sneaky because he didn't even notice I was there messing with him. I told him that I wasn't even in the warehouse 30 minutes ago; I was checking the fire suppression equipment in the offices. He didn't believe me until I showed him the tape of me in the office when the screwdriver was moved. He got goosebumps then!

Story 3: One morning I came in to relieve third shift only to find one security officer at the command post. The new guy was gone. The officer who was there had a spooked look on his face. I asked where the new guy was and he said the guy quit. I asked why and he said I wouldn't believe it. He went on to say that around 3:30 AM, the front door form the foyer to the lobby opened and they both saw wet footprints come through the lobby to the restrooms behind the command post. He said they both stood there in shock for a few seconds and then the new guy said, "F--- this, I'm out of here," then walked down the hall, clocked out, turned in his ID badge and left. The remaining officer said he begged the new guy not to leave him alone, but he left anyway. I told him that WAS crazy and he agreed that he wouldn't believe it if it hadn't happened right in front of him. He had never experienced anything paranormal before and ended up quitting a few weeks later.

Story 4: This isn't much a story, but it was the most common strange thing people experienced. The locker room was directly across from the command post. Almost every single officer who ever worked at warehouse three had heard the sound of a locker closing when no one is in the locker room. This occurred most often late on second shift and on third shift, sometimes when the security officer was the only person in the building. I myself heard this sound too many times to count.

Yes, I have a few more to share, but it is time for sleep now. Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories and for taking the time to read mine. Goodnight all!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
Our I.T. guy was working late one evening (we're a single shift WH). He received a phone call from my office ext. in the warehouse. Nobody was there when he answered and he dismissed it, thinking I came back to work. He received another call from my ext, so he came out to the WH to investigate, only to find the doors locked and nobody around. He then proceeded to the office kitchen to retrieve a bottle of water, while in there, the kitchen phone rang, the extension that was calling him was coming from his desk. He ran back to the front offices (40 feet away, so no time for anyone to leave without being noticed) and nobody was there. The following morning, I was in the kitchen, nobody was in the warehouse, I heard voices coming from the warehouse, so I went out to see who it was. It was two local police officers responding to a 911 call that came from my extension in the warehouse, while I was in the kitchen... hmmmm... nothing else has happened since, however, I always catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye.. I do not hear voices, but I do get "uneasy" feelings by my office... creepy, but oh well.. I figure if they wanted me leave so bad, they''d drop the heating unit on me... maybe I shouldn't have said that... b.............................................................

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
Sorry for the two week delay in getting more of the warehouse hauntings posted. I moved into a new home and have had little spare time. Anyway, to the stories!

Story 1: The holiday season was always the busiest time of the year. When all of the contractors were done for the day at warehouse three, I would do a round to make sure everyone was gone, lock up the building and walk across the street to warehouse two to help the security team there. One night about two hours after I walked to warehouse two, we received a call from the alarm company stating they had received several motion detector trips as well as an exterior door being opened. I advised them to dispatch the police, who I would meet at the front doors of the building. Two police cruisers pulled up as I walked up to the front doors. The three of us went inside and I checked to see exactly where the alarm came from. They were in the section closest to where the cemetery had been. The officers and I walked through the entire building armed with flashlights since all the lighting had been turned off (those lights took forever to turn back on). I was sure we'd find someone in the warehouse, but we found nothing. When we got back to the security office, I noticed one of the external cameras was pointed at the door that had tripped. We reviewed the tape and saw the door open and close, but no one came out. We walked through the building again to make sure we hadn't missed anything; we didn't. I thanked the officers and they left. I spent the rest of the night in the building alone with all motion detectors active to see if anything else came in, but not a peep. I could never explain what had set off the alarm that night.

Story 2: One of the security officers used to drive about an hour to get to work. His wife worked at warehouse one so they would carpool, but his shift started and ended two hours after her shift. She would drop him off early, go to her job, then come back and wait with him until he was off at warehouse three. Near the end of his shift when he locked up the building, he always pulled up a camera just inside the warehouse from the office area so his wife could see when he was returning so she could get their stuff together to go home for the night. Once night he went out, locked up the building, and returned to find that his wife had locked herself in the security office. He opened the door and asked her what was up. She looked terrified. She told him that as she watched the camera she saw a dark, shadowy figure in human-form run across the camera and through a wall. He initially thought she was messing around with him, but quickly realized that she was serious. Unfortunately the tapes were not recording at the time as they were being rewound in order to be recorded on overnight (we only had one set of tapes to use during the construction period). After that night, she always went with him on his final round.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:50 AM
Objects always seemed to move on their own at warehouse three. One security officer had placed a pile of books on top of the command post, briefly walked into the security office for a cup of coffee, and returned to find her books had been moved to the opposite corner. She was the only person there. Then there was the maintenance guy's story I previously mentioned. Several others have told me similar accounts, too many to list here. This phenomenon was even captured on camera at least once.

One of the covert cameras was set to record only when motion was detected. The motion sensor, like the rest of them in the warehouse, was set to ignore anything under 50 pounds to prevent false readings. We were reviewing the footage from the previous night, finding nothing interesting. The time skipped forward a few hours, as expected, from the time everyone went home that night to the people coming in for first shift. What we didn't expect was the several boxes and a bag that were in different positions! We could not believe it. If anyone had entered those aisles, the camera would've captured them...but nothing. I guarantee no one under 50 pounds worked there!

This was on a digital recorder and I think I still have the video saved to a flash drive somewhere. I'll be happy to post the video once I find it...still living out of boxes after the move. If I can't find it, I'll see if one of my contacts still with the company has a copy of it to send to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed all of your posts SSPI!

Keep them coming.....and I hope you find that video!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
After nearly two months, I finally came across the flash drive that contained the covert camera video. However, I can't seem to play/edit the video without using the manufacturer's proprietary program. I'll see if I can find some codecs or something to get the thing working so I can upload it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about it!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
I finally outsmarted the proprietary software required to play the video. I took two screenshots of the video and combined them into an animated GIF image. I took the first screenshot just after the person left the area and the second screenshot was taken just before someone walks in frame. Here is the result on a loop.


Like I said, the camera was set to record on motion so if anyone entered the area and moved the boxes, it would have captured their image.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
I don't know if you noticed, but in addition to the box or whatever moving in the foreground, there is some blurred movement down the other lane, in the upper left corner. I think it's another box.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
Yes, we saw that too. There are numerous plastic bags inside each box. We originally thought it looked like something fell from the box and landed on the floor. But now that I'm taking another look, it almost looks like a box moves across the aisle!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
This is some freaky stuff. I looked at that image and the hair on the back of my neck raised straight up.. brrrrr!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

log in