It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Weapons MADE in the good old USA!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Iran's Weapons MADE in the good old USA!!!

A 60-Minutes Expose'

part 1 of 2

part 2 of 2

that's weird
cuz we make Israel's weapons too !!!
hmmmm

Playing both sides is the Military Industrial Complex
of the good old USA.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"War is a racket"..Smedley Butler
secondline

S&F

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ya ,. this doesn't really is not much of a shock.
Nicholas Cage did a great movie about playin both sides.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't see why any privately held weapons manufacturer would discriminate on the basis of loyalty and undermine their bottom line. Just not good business. The only thing left to talk about is the irony of Americans dying by the hand of an enemy sporting American made killing tools.

Actually, it's not even very ironic.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I don't see why any privately held weapons manufacturer would discriminate on the basis of loyalty and undermine their bottom line. Just not good business.

No, the irony is
when those same weapons are used
to over-take the US Government
and turn the customer into the owner.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Ya ,. this doesn't really is not much of a shock.
Nicholas Cage did a great movie about playin both sides.

oh yes

Lord of War from 2005

www.imdb.com...

a great movie regardless of what I thought
of the content.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
God these video's are just another vile piece of propaganda - when is the US going to recognize borders? When is it going to realize that its stupid sanctions against Iran are nothing to do with anyone else, it is running around the world trying to make everyone else complicit in its vile behavior.

What a crock of sh-t. So annoyed by the b-tch in this video - I just want to smack her upside the head.

If the US wants to sanction Iran fine - just do whatever, stop running around the world trying to force this on everyone else.

If a guy in the US sends stuff to Malaysia, and those guys send it to Iran - then too bad, so sad. You can see how pathetic it is getting - they are trying to stop every single import into Iran from anywhere - it has nothing to do with weapons, its purely harassment.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
always thought Malaysia was a terrorist supporters
Malaysia need to back away while they can if they start to piss of the US or the European countries by bypassing sanctions they are looking for trouble

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Amagnon
I'm confused

So how is that propaganda if the content
is fact ???

[edit on 8-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
always thought Malaysia was a terrorist supporters
Malaysia need to back away while they can if they start to piss of the US or the European countries by bypassing sanctions they are looking for trouble

the biggest mistake I see is HOW the US
labeled terrorism in the first place to promote
their agenda. Now it seems, every one in the
world is a terrorist, not just Al Queda. Even us
Patriots here in America are terrorist.

The REAL meaning of terrorist should be labeled as:

Terrorist: Any person, group, entity or government who disagrees
with the globalist, tyrannical take-over of world domination.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by Amagnon

Amagnon
I'm confused

So how is that propaganda if the content
is fact ???

It propaganda because its totally biased - the reporter assumes the 'guilt' of the people interviewed, and also implies how bad they are, and how morally wrong it is.

What - selling electrical components is wrong? Or more correctly - its being an Iranian thats wrong - and if in any way, some electrical component ends up in Iran - BOOM - it goes straight into a nuke.

You can't honestly watch that video and not see how biased and leading it is? I guess people are so used to having the TV ram opinions down their throat they don't even see it happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Isn't this about 25 years late? Look up Oliver North, Richard Secord, Admiral Poindexter, and Richard Gates.
Nobody seriously believes we ever stopped selling everyone arms? (including the "bad guys")

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Not surprised.

When the Sovjets tried to invade Afghanistan in the 1980's, guess who supported the Afghani with weapons? Thats right, the United States and Saudi Arabia were the greatest financial support.

Its a very common thing for them to do. Sometimes they finance both sides of the conflict so the wars go on for as long as possible, thereby maximizing profits.

US President Jimmy Carter claimed that the Soviet incursion was "the most serious threat to peace since the Second World War." Oh the irony, looking at US invasions of not only Afghanistan but also Iraq today.

And probably more if they can get away with it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
God these video's are just another vile piece of propaganda - when is the US going to recognize borders? When is it going to realize that its stupid sanctions against Iran are nothing to do with anyone else, it is running around the world trying to make everyone else complicit in its vile behavior.

What a crock of sh-t. So annoyed by the b-tch in this video - I just want to smack her upside the head.

If the US wants to sanction Iran fine - just do whatever, stop running around the world trying to force this on everyone else.

If a guy in the US sends stuff to Malaysia, and those guys send it to Iran - then too bad, so sad. You can see how pathetic it is getting - they are trying to stop every single import into Iran from anywhere - it has nothing to do with weapons, its purely harassment.

Of course they are. It's in their interests. They will do what is in their interests always. Like the times they supplied weapons to other peoples enemies.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My favourite bit of all this came out in the wikileaks documents - I'm sure many of you are aware of the allegations against Pakistan and their financial support the Taliban. According to USAID the US has given $3.4 billion (US billions presumably, not the proper kind
) to Pakistan since 2003.

The brilliant Orwellian irony of all this is that the biggest financial contributer to the Taliban is likely the US. It'd be funny if it wasn't true.

Boondock-saint has an interesting thread on Iran's weapons been made in the US too. Link to thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Nice find, boondock.
But what do I see that makes light of the situation?

So you're telling me that the USA still manufactures things?
Noooo....really?
We actually make stuff?
I thought all of our manufacturing was done across seas now and sold back to us.

Back to the story...
Whenever they public decides to realize what a sham this whole gov't is...that's when you might see a change.
But until then, chalk it up as a 'No one cares' issue.
Because let's face it.

No one cares.

We, on ATS, might have an idea about what is going on behind closed doors, but there's only 100k users on ATS and alot of non-americans.
We might care.
But to the other 299,900,000 other americans that have no clue...
They just keep on, keeping on.

To me, it's just one more reason to abolish what 'they' have created.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It happens a lot. US also sold weaponry to Iraq before they became a threat to Kuwait. And they were certain of those weapons of mass destruction because they sold the materials for those WDM to Iraq themselves some years earlier.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In the good 'ol 80's.. the U.S. sold 70 F-14 tomcats to Iran, at the time it was the only fighter to use the Pheonix missile system, (serious piece of hardware at the time)..

When Iran asked to buy them to fit to the F-14's, the U.S. said NO, because at the time, Uncle Sam didn't have a good enough anti-missile defence for there own pheonix.... makes perfect financial (and security) sense...

Arming your suspected enemies... just not as well as you are arming yourselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

this surprises you?

list of Iranian arms suppliers that i can think of off the top of my head.
USA
UK
FRANCE
ISRAEL
THE FORMER SOVIET UNION now Russia
NORTH KOREA
CHINA

the US gave Iran f-14, sh-3 sea kings, uh-1 hueys, c-130's the navy gave them frigates and corvettes in the 60's and 70's.

Russia sold Iran Kilo class subs in the 1990's

Iran and it government is recognized world wide and has had access to every major arms dealer producer in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

It is not just the US sanctions. These are UN sanctions and being applied and supported by the EU and others. In the great scheme of things US sanctions are insignificantbecause there is no trade between the two nations.

You need to break out of the loop that it is just the US (oh, and Israel) against Iran because it is not. The EU have been highly vocal against Iranian intentions and their sanctions have a greater economic effect on both parties.

Iran has a human rights record that is extremely poor so I support all sanctions against them, whatever the excuse.

Current position

shows that EU arms exports are banned.

Regards

new topics

top topics

join