It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odierno: Troops staying in Iraq to prevent foreign interference‎

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Odierno: Troops staying in Iraq to prevent foreign interference‎

[url=http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/0810/Odierno_Troops_staying_in_Iraq_to_prevent_foriegn_interference.html?showall]www.politico.com[/url ]

U.S. forces are staying in Iraq to prevent foreign powers from meddling with the new government, Gen. Ray Odierno said Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is the funniest news I have ever heard in my life, what makes it even funnier is the fact that America interfered in Iraq, and changed the government, now it is saying we will stay in Iraq to prevent other nations doing what they did.

AHA

HYPOCRISY

I love the US for this exact reason, how they act so serious and smart, when they look so darn stupid. "Sponge Bob"

Odierno said the United States will keep a "significant civilian presence" and 50,000 troops on the ground to "ensure that this government can be formed by the Iraqis, and that all the other nations respect their sovereignty as they go about forming their government."

I love you guys

[url=http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/0810/Odierno_Troops_staying_in_Iraq_to_prevent_foriegn_interference.html?showall]www.politico.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
man thats hippo chrissy
but then the US government policy seems to be made up by dual passport holders so to them it must be business as usual
sandfly

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Completely hilarious.

I was reminded of the interesting thread on ATS I recently read :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well of course.
Cant have 'actual' Iraqi's thinking they deserve a place in our Corporate Iraqi government can we.

I mean, we risked so much money to get control of that nations oil.. why would we gamble it on some angry Iraqi claiming it was his countries.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well then, with that reason, you can stay wherever you go FOREVER.

So I guess America is gonna stay in Iraq, South Korea, Germany, Afghanistan, till the sun burns up in about 5 billion years.

The taxpayers will sure be thrilled by that news, not to mention the relatives of whoever dies in the process, as long as it's not one of Odierno's relatives.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"U.S. forces are staying in Iraq to prevent foreign powers from meddling with the new government..."

I think he meant to say "to prevent foreign powers from meddling with our meddling."

After all, it cost the American taxpayer a lot of money to fund this war (and the lives of some soldiers), all to hijack Iraq's resources for the benefit of a few defense industries and other corporate interests, you don't think we're going to let go of it this easy do you?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

A SERIES of bomb blasts killed at least 63 Iraqis over the weekend, pushing the August death toll to beyond 100.

A suicide bomber yesterday targeted a line of people collecting social security payments outside a post office, killing eight and wounding 32 in Ramadi, capital of the western Anbar province. Bombers killed four and wounded 21 following a robbery in Falluja, also in Anbar.

On Saturday evening, 43 civilians were slain and 185 injured in a double suicide bombing and a roadside bomb at a busy market in the southern port city of Basra.

Local police initially blamed the blast on a malfunctioning power generator but this was dismissed by the local security committee. Another eight people were killed, seven of them policemen, in Baghdad and the north. A US soldier died in Babil province south of Baghdad.

Violence has diminished since the sectarian warfare of 2006- 2007, but the number of attacks has increased since the March 7th parliamentary election. Different Iraqi official sources said fatalities ranged between 400 and 535 during July, figures disputed by the US military which fixed fatalities at 222. However, this figure may have excluded Iraqi security force deaths.

And the BS continues, praise the lord, hallelujah.

See how a US soldier died in Babil, but he wasn't killed like the Iraqis were killed or Slain lol. Can someone find out whether he was killed or did he died of natural causes ^^

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh geez. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

This world is nuts. And so are half the people. They are sooo scared Iran is moving in. And they will. Massive muck up, but who didn't see this coming. We're never leaving there.

yep classic doublespeak

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
some one was telling me the other day that the Iraq war was over and that the troops were coming home...

if you read this, guess you wuz wrong

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
some one was telling me the other day that the Iraq war was over and that the troops were coming home...

if you read this, guess you wuz wrong

Foul me once shame on you, Bush says, "a foul can't get fouled again".

How many times are they gonna get fouled.

I can guarantee you, if those brainwashed fouls examine the media reports you can see how many promises in regards to troop withdrawals are made since the occupation of Iraq.

Check it out, it is a huge number, it is every year they keep creating deadlines.

It is just so stupid that people keep falling for the same old trick.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
hmmm, now i'm starting to think it was not about the OIL but military bases look at this map

upload.wikimedia.org...

it tells me one thing, some nuclear explosion is going to take place, whats stopping the pentagon from staging a massive nuclear attack somewhere in the world, who would benefit from having the right resources and military bases ? all these military bases are there for national security of the untied states ?
i really don't think so

if anything happens in the world, i mean anything major like whole cities exploding or major deaths i will really blame it on the united states because, just looking at this map its telling me world wide staging of terrorist activity by the untied states.

makes you wonder why they united states built a huge military base in the Balkans, called bondsteel camp, looking at Iraq and probably same with Afghanistan will turn out to be used as a permanent american military base.

you guys just start small wars, then end and build large bases i would bet its how every american base has been built, starting with bases in Japan

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
I read a story yesterday about the US pressuring the Grand Ayatollah Sistani to pressure the political parties to form a government. So let me get this straight.

Iran = evil because Ayatollah is authority
US wants Iraq to have Ayatollah to be authority.

Bizarre American thinking! I remember when the US wanted a nice secular country in the middle east. Then they wrecked the most secular country in the middle east (Iraq), while supporting the Monarchical theocracy of Saud, which isn't only Muslim only, but Sunni Muslim only, and not just Sunni only, but Wahabi Sunni only.

That would be like supporting a dictatorship of Christian only, not just Christian but Lutheran Only, and not Just Lutheran, but Wisconsin Synod only.

The US is crazy. Invade countries with foreign (American) fighters and then try to kill foreign fighters. "We will stay as long as foreign fighters remain!" No recognition of the absurd!

Imagine a headline: US Angrily demands Foreign Fighters Leave Afghanistan
Next day headline: US Angrily Upbraids NATO Allies for Leaving Afghanistan

Clueless!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The US is crazy. Invade countries with foreign (American) fighters and then try to kill foreign fighters. "We will stay as long as foreign fighters remain!" No recognition of the absurd!

Maybe that's why the suicide rate in the military is so high - our soldiers are taking the "kill foreign invaders" mentaility to literally!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

U.S. forces are staying in Iraq to prevent foreign powers from meddling with the new government, Gen. Ray Odierno said Sunday.

what if....

"Iranian forces are staying in Canada to prevent foreign powers from meddling with the new government, Supreme Leader said Sunday."

meanwhile:

"6 more Iranian soldiers died in Mexico today in the war on terror"

what if...

just some thoughts i had about what if "the tables were turned".

have a good one,
et

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think anyone would have to grimace at these crazy statements.
It not only shows how much contempt TPB hold for the people, It shows how stupid they are too.....i think the troops have begun to realise that the major plan is for endless but ccontrollable conflicts throughout the world in order to keep possible rivals weaker than the US in future.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
I remember the first Gulf War. Yellow ribbons became the symbol of bringing the troops back home.

Now yellow ribbon means "support the troops". Unfortunately that doesn't mean coming home, it has been twisted to leave them in eternal war.

I'm not one who condemns suicides to hell. I can imagine scenarios in which it is more honorable than following destructive orders which are self destructive any way. Emotional wreckage doesn't lead to creative solutions of "getting out". Sometimes only one way seems possible. It would be good for people to offer better alternatives.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Pretty close ET
We have zionist/globalists preventing Canadians from meddling in our own government...which is a constitutional monarchy...with a foreign monarch.
so only the names have been changed to protect the quilty

pS Pthena, that was a pretty good decription
Oozy, good thread

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I wonder what happened to Obama's promise to pull the troops out of Iraq. Oh, well, the election's over, no point in keeping your promises.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
I wonder what happened to Obama's promise to pull the troops out of Iraq. Oh, well, the election's over, no point in keeping your promises.

That is why I keep saying, what is the point of voting when you have 4 years of dictatorship.

Not to mention the two party ludicrous.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join