It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well is STILL LEAKING evidence here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well is STILL LEAKING evidence here!

www.youtube.com

Has BP Duped The Entire World? Check this out...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This appears to be a genuine smoking gun based on the coordinates. Anyone out there have a different take on this? I'm skeptical but definitely would not put it past them, nor the gov't. Would like to hear some analysis from ATS'rs.

Mods, I have yet to figure out how to assign to a specific forum so forgive me if this is not in the right area.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Could you please post the coordinates for Well A and Well B.

And also the ones they had in the feeds.

I want to check some PDFs I have against this. I've always been suspicious about just which well they were talking about. (If it was discussed in the thousands of threads here, I missed it.)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ahhh it's that idiot who can't tell the different between an RV moving and the ocean floor rising & falling.

IF you wish to post in the BP section you need to go into it first and select "new thread"

[edit on 8/8/10 by Discotech]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Great find Rockerchic4God, S&F

2nd

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Original coordinates:

Well 'A'
x 1202803.88
y 10431617.00

Well 'B'
x 1202514.00
y 10434194.00

Now the ROVs will vary slightly because they are moving around, but you can tell the general range of the coordinates whether it more closely matches 'A' or 'B'. Let us know what your analysis reveals! Thanx!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
not to make light of your post but some info already here on the still leaking well..vids and all

www.abovetopsecret.com...
but carry on
the more the merrier...
this can't get said enough IMHO
this can't get said enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Great thread.

We are being lied to about what is going on below. As an example, the BP feeds have shown fish and jellyfish swimming past. This clearly would not happen a mile below surface.

The spill(s) has caused a great risk of a methane eruption that will produce an absolute catastrophe in the gulf and beyond.

Time to look critically at this situation and evacuate if you are anywhere near this.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Um, they certainly slipped this one past me! GOOD FIND Rockerchic!!!

If this is correct than you can also bet that they pumping millions of gallons of that crap, Corexit, onto that blown well-head to keep the oil off the surface!
Now I want an Independent evaluation of BOTH sites done by a trustworthy third party!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

His information would be more credible in my mind without his idiotic monologue about floride and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Check out the onscreen coordinates @2:36. Suddenly the data changes by 100 feet south and 20 feet west as it sits motionless near the floor.

Originally posted by JotaPlata
Great thread.

The spill(s) has caused a great risk of a methane eruption that will produce an absolute catastrophe in the gulf and beyond.

Time to look critically at this situation and evacuate if you are anywhere near this.

emphasis mine

this is fearmongering. you make positive, affirmative statements as if you 'know' even though you clearly do no know for certain.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

this is fearmongering. you make positive, affirmative statements as if you 'know' even though you clearly do no know for certain.

I'm sorry that my larger point was overlooked by you because of what tense I chose to write in.

The fact remains that lots of evidence shows that we are being lied to about the situation in the gulf.

If you accept the mainstream media's assessment of the situation it is still an unequivocal environmental disaster. Given the evidence of something even more catastrophic in the offing, I'm completely justified in positing a very likely scenario . I would point you to the following article and video:

http://(nolink)/2010/07/31/feds-cant-find-oil-but-satellite-photos-show-bp-gulf-oil-spill-covering-12000-square-miles/

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JotaPlata

i reject the false notion that just because i disagree with your absolute statements of certain doom that I 'believe the MSM'

I think there is a LOT of gray area between those two extremes.

Do you live in the Gulf region? Do you have relatives there? If so, i trust you and your relatives have 'evacuated' as you say everyone else should?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I hate to burst your bubble, but ……..

Coordinates are listed as degrees, minutes, seconds.
Degrees are big steps.
Minutes are smaller steps.
Seconds are really small steps.

The distance between the two wells is in the seconds range. From my rough calculations, the actual distance between the two well heads is probably less than 100 feet.

When the first well failed, they stepped over about 100 feet and plunked another well down.

If the footage was of the first well dressed up to look like the second well, you would still be able to see the second well billowing oil in the background.

The stack currently connected to the well is probably taller than the distance between the two well heads. You would see the other one in the background..

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They have actually drilled 4 holes - two wells and two relief- NO?
I'll bet there is some confusion from that alone.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
I hate to burst your bubble, but ……..

Coordinates are listed as degrees, minutes, seconds.
Degrees are big steps.
Minutes are smaller steps.
Seconds are really small steps.

The distance between the two wells is in the seconds range. From my rough calculations, the actual distance between the two well heads is probably less than 100 feet.

When the first well failed, they stepped over about 100 feet and plunked another well down.

If the footage was of the first well dressed up to look like the second well, you would still be able to see the second well billowing oil in the background.

The stack currently connected to the well is probably taller than the distance between the two well heads. You would see the other one in the background..

Not if the ROV was facing the other way and a deflection screen was put up close to the partially leaking well head. Add in a drop line using suction near the leak and......no cloudy water, they say it's fixed, and cameras go off. The way we will know for sure is if they show the actual procedure of removing the broken BOP, since they announced at the end of last week that it would be removed and kept for evidence. If they do not show us that procedure LIVE on camera, then there might be some truth to this.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ow, you also have to remember something. The GPS signal sucks down there. So they are not using radio based GPS to deliver that reading. They use something called an inertial navigation system. It uses gyroscopes and accelerometers to produce tracking information. It has to be “homed”. Or basically calibrated against known landmarks. The longer the distance traveled since last calibration will mean a greater margin for error. I would say that after dropping 5000 feet, the inertial navigation system is probably in need of a calibration. It’s reading may be off by 100 or so feet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Ow, you also have to remember something. The GPS signal sucks down there. So they are not using radio based GPS to deliver that reading. They use something called an inertial navigation system. It uses gyroscopes and accelerometers to produce tracking information. It has to be “homed”. Or basically calibrated against known landmarks. The longer the distance traveled since last calibration will mean a greater margin for error. I would say that after dropping 5000 feet, the inertial navigation system is probably in need of a calibration. It’s reading may be off by 100 or so feet.

I am not going to quote the entire page, so here is the link.

www.answers.com...

According to this, electrostatic gyroscope navigators are among the most accurate types of technology currently used due to stability and low error growth.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Umm…… Gyroscopes are only half the equation……… the gyroscope just tells you which way you are pointing. You also have accelerometers, that tell you how fast you are moving in that direction. In the article they point out that for submarines they use sonar to derive groundspeed, to get more accurate (non drifting) reading that accelerometers would give..

Weapons system accuracy is further enhanced by velocity derived from both gyroscopes and secure correlation velocity sonar techniques to give a direct measure of the submarine ground speed

And you are also missing a big point with the electrostatic gyroscopes……… They are used in submarines, not ROV’s …….. There is a reason for that………

The total load of support hardware (power supplies, housing, and computer management equipment) for the gyro is almost as big as the ROV!!!!!!!!!!

The ROV’s are using normal mechanical gyros. Probably air bearing but that is not guarantied. And they will be using normal accelerometers too.

And above all of that….. You have to keep in mind that just because something is the most accurate in a class of instruments, doesn’t mean much when the class is notoriously inaccurate. Are ES gyroscopes more accurate than mechanical, yes…….. But are they more accurate than atomic clock based GPS……… Ummmm..No….

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
C'mon folks! the ROV is on the end of a short leash tied to a ship. The ship is GPS'ed to the foot probably and the ROV is calibrated each time it is serviced ,if needed.The combination of GPS on the ship and the internal positioning devices they know to the inch where the ROV is at all times. Afterall they operate on very sensitive devices in often poor visibility so absolute reckoning is demanded. I would not discount the accuracy of the position of the ROVs except as it is reported not as it is in practice.
N.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join