It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy or Sell Gold - Silver: A look at history...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As the price of gold and silver rises one might ask if they should buy now or until the price falls. A person who owns these precious metals might ask if they should sell their stock or wait and see if the price continues to climb.

Here are some charts that may provide useful:

Link to Charts

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Interesting graphs, although I must confess I am having some trouble interpreting them; could anyone better versed in economics please elucidate them for me?

This is something I have been giving a lot of thought to lately, seems to me that when the SHTF it would be much better to have gold or silver to barter with than currency which may become worthless.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Recent charts:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dimethylmercury

Gold and Silver - The Ultimate Refuge

Although derided as useless by those with a vested interest in preserving the privileges accorded those who steal wealth and gain power via a fiat monetary system, gold and silver have historically served as a refuge when such a counterfeit system is threatened with degradation or collapse. Our mirage of a money system is facing a challenge to its viability right now. Should the Feds irredeemable paper scraps experience further loss of purchasing power, or global repudiation, gold and silver holdings will come through such a debacle intact and still be in possession of intrinsic value tradable for goods and services globally.

Given that we are hurtling headlong into what the Chinese would call "interesting times," it makes sense to grab hold of something that has been here before and has consistently come out intact - physical gold and silver.

Chris Blasi is President of Neptune Global Holdings LLC

Excerpts from the article: Economy in for a Long Dark Period - Here's How to Survive

[edit on 8-8-2010 by bputman]

top topics

join