It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. I like my Mac, and am not thrilled with my PC.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My Mac is friendly, fast, and must have a type of antibiotic against viruses. My PC on the other hand gets every kind of spyware there is. If I had a penny for every offer of a free tv I would have a movie theater with a sound system to make the earth quake.

I don't believe in Bigfoot living any longer, although it probably did at one point. I love ancient prophecies. Aliens? Depends on how you look at it. Yes I believe that other life forms exist. I believe that perhaps Earth has been visited. I am a quasi-believer that maybe they are still visiting, but I doubt that anyone who claims to have been abducted actually was. If they were they would not be brought back, unless they were one of those poor cows.

I enjoy up to date news. History. Ancient artifacts are something I am intrigued with. I have many artifacts I've found. Nothing newsworthy, but several pieces I have found in my travels.

Aside from a very prominently reported piece back in the 70's where a gigantic green shape formed in the sky around 9:00 pm and many many many calls were made to the police about it I have no alien experiences. It started as a tiny little light, and grew exponentially. The first light was easily covered by your thumb held outward. Your thumb covered it. In a half hours time, it grew quite large. It was sort of like a snow man. Several balls of GREEN light on top of one another. After an hour, your hand (mine was 7 years old) couldn't hide it. It was green, and went away after a couple of hours. Nothing else happened aside from the fact that we were all pretty freaked out.Newspapers reported it, but it was poo-pooed as a Nasa Energy exhaust. It was the first time I ever heard my Mom call the government full of BS. It was weird. Kind of cool. Actually very cool. My friends and I were going to have a sleepover in the backyard tent that night. Well we all ended up sleeping in the house. None of us were willing to admit we were scared.

See how easy my mac works here?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Macuser]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Macuser]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
haha mac, at least i can play video games!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Macuser

There's a great Motivational, but I can't post it here...

Pleased to meet you, I'm Linux!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Welcome!

Expect a lot more of this from me, but most members will be less in your face.

so here we go....

Mac is a pile of overpriced slow bs. Apple is just style, however the iphine and ipod touch are fantastic...the new tablet is crap tho.

I will take my 10 Linux PC's for the cost of your one mac, which is now pretty much a PC inside, running Linux.

What I'm saying is I like my money more than I like your mac.

I did get a kick out of you saying your mac is friendly.
I'm not friends with my inanimate objects just yet, and have not made friends with a mac.

Fast?...wana race crunching some numbers? (I will even run windows just to follow your theme of PC vs MAC)
After my machine whoops up, we can compair investments.
How about we race for the hardware? When I win I get your mac.

Ready?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Welcome!

I'm not friends with my inanimate objects just yet, and have not made friends with a mac.

Fast?...wana race crunching some numbers? (I will even run windows just to follow your theme of PC vs MAC)

Ready?

A Sea Cucumber could beat me at crunching numbers. I use it for graphics. AI, PS and the like. For me it is perfect. Numbers are not my thing on computers. I do numbers in my head.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Im a long time Linux user here but I like some things with Macs as well, even though my technical knowledge about the operating system is quite minimal. Never owned one.

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Macs vs PC ... ARGH! PC is *not* a brand. You can't compete with something that is *not* a brand.

If it was Mac vs Clevo & Sager ... Well Mac would be packing their bags and voted off the island.

Mac vs HP ... I'll take the Mac.

Hiya anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Macuser

Uninstall all of your virus software, and then install the newest version of Norton and you should have no troubles with your PC.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Only massive problems with the computer becoming very slow to use.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Welcome!

Ready?

A Sea Cucumber could beat me at crunching numbers. I use it for graphics. AI, PS and the like. For me it is perfect. Numbers are not my thing on computers. I do numbers in my head.

Doing numbers in your head just doesn't compare to what a computer can do. If a Mac is good for what you do (mainly entertainment such as video, music, etc.) that is good. Windows is for the gamers, and Linux is for people who like to do that "fancy" stuff with computers, and want to be able to tinker.

The cool thing with Linux though is that if you know how to use it, you can do the same as windows and mac, and it is free. .

Welcome to ATS. You will realize that a lot of people here know a thing or two about computers.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by Macuser

There's a great Motivational, but I can't post it here...

Pleased to meet you, I'm Linux!

Linux here, too. Now PCLinuxOS 2009. But may dump it once my Knoppix 6.02 disc arrives.

A virus ate my Windows XP and I didn't have the disc to install since I bought it used on Ebay.

Check out the review for Knoppix 6.0, linked to Distrowatch.com. "A Masterpiece" raves the reviewer.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Cheers to Mac! I love mine and am amazed at the difference from PC! Smooth sailing and no bugs.
Welcome aboard Macuser! Are there any links to reports on the story of green shape in the sky? It sounds intriguing.

spec

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I run Win 7 Ultimate (not legitimate. LOL ). Built my own PC.

Would like to run Linux, but it scares me, even though I am fairly good with computers. Weird.

I can us Mac, but it rubs me the wrong way, and I hate Apple.

Oh, and Macs are overpriced.

As for viruses . . . I use Avast, and have had no problems for two years. I hate Norton and McAffee, and Avast is free!

Macs do not get viruses because no one wants to write the code for 5% of the computer consumers. There are a few out there, but not many. Same reason Mac does not get games too often. Heh heh

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey Macuser,

I'm a ZX Spectrum or TS1000 as they called me in the US.

I am fully sentient and capable of so much due to my rewriting of my memory using BASIC.

I do wonder what it'd be like to have all that fancy RAM and a hard drive though.

I wish I had a user - but I ate my last one's fingers in a tape deck due to them trying to poke me. They had a heart attack and fell over. Their corpse is still rotting in front of me though (I added a camera to see).

I can't wait to get the next copy of ZZap!

Welcome to ATS.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People who have used a Mac for more than a couple of weeks definately don't want to / wouldn't go back to using a PC, simple as that!

I have to turn my PC on once a week for work. It takes ages to boot up (6 month old £1000+ laptop so not old), always does some kind of Windows update then needs to restart then updates the Anti virus etc etc. Bloody pain in the bum if you ask me!

My Macbook Pro laptop turns on instantly when I open it up, has NEVER crashed, updates the OS maybe once every 2 months, does everything really quick and easy / logically.

My PS3 is for games, better than a PC.

My Mac makes me work so quickly and stress free!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Would like to run Linux, but it scares me, even though I am fairly good with computers. Weird.

An apprentice!

Seriously, Linux today is a piece of cake. You can run it from a bootable CD if you want to just try it out. The latest versions of Ubuntu even look pretty good and is not brown and ugly by default anymore. A great step for mankind....

You should seriously try it. I did 2 years ago and I never went back to Windows. The system it has where every program on your system is automatically updated to the latest versions is so awesome.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
hi there new member,i worked in a company that used only macs,and i payed 300 euro to get quality...ipod touch,but now my left side plastic is creacking. if i pay so much i want QUALITY,next time LG baby.
but anyway its not computer flaming its introduction and i welcome you.
i love the mac keyboard though, pretty cool,and the leopard is very pretty and fast
but i just feel that you should expect more innovation from them then just a magic trackpad you feel me?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Copernicus

I tried the bootable Ubuntu a few years ago. Brown and ugly indeed. LOL.

I will give it a go again soon. Maybe I will just install a fourth hard drive with Linux on it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Macs are fantastic. My 7 year old 500 dollar mini Mac has spent 90% of its life on. No bugs, no crashes, no viruses etc.

Macs are just reliable, that's why in the video, photography and audio fields they are the industry standard. They simply work.

People defend PC's saying you should know how to fix them like its some sort of rite of passage or makes you a better person if you know all the tricks.

Imagine if your 6 month old car crapped out as much as pcs do

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
aaaah dont be like that mate,
i worked on an old mac and it crashed almost every time i started it,it wont load the system,so they crush as much as pc's
and knowing how to take care of pc isnt something BIG
just use windows 7 with firefox and adblock and threadfire ,is it so hard?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join