It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay homophobes - what country would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is funny actually!

I consider men holding hands to be kinda gay!

But in my army group, we touch each other in a sexual way all the time! We do fake sexual stances, and imitate sex with each other...

I need to think about that

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Count me as a good example of the shade and gradations in homophobia. I fully support gay marriage and whatever gays and lesbians do. I just can't get my head around hand holding. A few days ago a half drunk friend of mine kissed me on the cheek that was another "uggh moment". I am in no way anti gay but well I am being truthful because i know you are big enough to hopefully understand where I am coming from.

Yes I still play veterans rugby and have wrestled many men to the floor in the Dojo and kuan.

With respect
Tiger5

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Zimbabwe and Iran are some of the worst countries when it comes to human rights! And you are worrying about them being homophobic?
reply to post by Schrödinger

So you think the lack of human rights and homophobia is just co-incidental?
That is a surprising conclusion, and rather egotistically heterosexist.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well I was in San Francisco in the early 80s. The sheer creative energy of the place and the frredom turned my view on life around. Perhaps I can thank the Gays for that. Everyone was writing the next great book or just auditioning or just doing something in addition to working at the dayjob and this was the so called bad area called Mission.. American optimism is a truly wonderful thing. I was more accepted over there than I wasin my native south London. I was so impressed that I hope to take my wife over there next year.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Zimbabwe and Iran are some of the worst countries when it comes to human rights! And you are worrying about them being homophobic?

So you think the lack of human rights and homophobia is just co-incidental?
That is a surprising conclusion, and rather egotistically heterosexist.

I think you are reading something I didn't write!

No I do not think it is a coincidence, but I am confused at to why you address homophobia in the western civilizations, and then list 2 countries that aren't part of the western civilization!

I also think that homophobia in these countries are one of the lesser concerns, however the punishment for homosexuality is not!
Get this straight! I am not defending or advocating homophobia!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
I am not homophobic nor am I anti-gay!

But I am personally tired of homosexuals and their quest for special treatment!

I am tired of homosexuals wearing their sexual orientation on the outside of their clothes!

Its always; Hi my name is John, and I am homosexual!

Why do I care? Why do I need to know that?

Because you need awareness to affect change.

And NO - they are not getting special treatment.

They are however getting attention - which is needed to get laws "corrected" to include all in Equal Rights.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Well, if I were to live in your 'you are either with us or against us', black & white world; I think I'd go with Iran. You get a good day's outing at the homosexual hangings, and you get some good exercise stoning the bad women who won't obey. Sounds like a fun time!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Personally I think its egoistical to be a homosexual

I was replying to this. But there have been some posts since then to modify that harsh position.
Well, what is relevant from a conspiracy point of view is that "homosexuality" has become a political football to denote more than it actually means.
In some non-Western places people are being swept up against homosexuality, when they've never met a gay person, and don't know what it means.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I am not homophobic nor am I anti-gay!

But I am personally tired of homosexuals and their quest for special treatment!

I am tired of homosexuals wearing their sexual orientation on the outside of their clothes!

Its always; Hi my name is John, and I am homosexual!

Why do I care? Why do I need to know that?

Because you need awareness to affect change.

And NO - they are not getting special treatment.

They are however getting attention - which is needed to get laws "corrected" to include all in Equal Rights.

Well it might be true where you are from, but in my country we have the highest equality in the world, and smallest difference between the highest and lowest wages. And homosexuals are walking all over our streets naked every year, at a big gay pride parade!

Edit: Changed gay to homosexual

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Schrödinger]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Personally I think its egoistical to be a homosexual

I was replying to this. But there have been some posts since then to modify that harsh position.
Well, what is relevant from a conspiracy point of view is that "homosexuality" has become a political football to denote more than it actually means.
In some non-Western places people are being swept up against homosexuality, when they've never met a gay person, and don't know what it means.

Fair enough, I always provoke when I say that, so you could say I was expecting that! But my point is simply that if we all where gay, you wouldn't be here today! In that sense (in a community and society sense) I think it is egoistical!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was always pro-Palestinian, but this week I saw a documentary on gay rights (or lack there-of) in the Middle East.
Gay Palestinians are forced to flee to Israel (and face double oppression, both racially and sexually). However, at least homosexuality is legal in Israel.
The one guy (who met in an Israeli gay lounge that was shot to pieces by a fundamentalist) had two of his friends sent back to Gaza, and they were both excecuted!
So how can I support the Palestinian state or government now, knowing this?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think I would like to go to France. Yeh, they have great cheese, great wine AND I can wear one of those cute little beret's! I can sache up the Champs de whatever.... Homophobe's have a sexual identity issue. They try to act all macho but deep down they're a flaming drag queen. Homophobe's hate themselves. They know that deep down they are really gay and fear coming out of the closet. Homophobe's be free! Come out of the closet and embrace your TRUE self! Be Gay and proud!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well it might be true where you are from, but in my country we have the highest equality in the world, and smallest difference between the highest and lowest wages. And gays are walking all over our streets naked every year, at a big gay pride parade!

How many parade and fair permits does your area issue per year?

Do you have a problem with any of those?

Equal is Equal. The KKK is allowed to have their events too.

I have been to several gay rights parades and fairs. As always - as goes the media - - you choose to focus on the small percentage of those who may go to extreme or sensationalize. I notice you don't mention how many gay families are there with their children. And in my case straight family with children.

Do you object to Mardi Gras too?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Who knows, if we were all straight, there may never have been a Da Vinci or Michelangelo, or Alan Turing?
Maybe we'd be happy in grass huts, breeding like rabbits while our wives died in child-birth?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Fair enough, I always provoke when I say that, so you could say I was expecting that! But my point is simply that if we all where gay, you wouldn't be here today! In that sense (in a community and society sense) I think it is egoistical!

There is nothing wrong with their "hardware".

Many a gay man has had children with a woman.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will just stay here in the good old US of A. I live in Iowa, were still anti gay out here

No I dont mind gay people just keep your perversion to yourself. Its like I dont mind drug users keep it away from the public eye, and you will be alright.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Well it might be true where you are from, but in my country we have the highest equality in the world, and smallest difference between the highest and lowest wages. And gays are walking all over our streets naked every year, at a big gay pride parade!

How many parade and fair permits does your area issue per year?

Do you have a problem with any of those?

Equal is Equal. The KKK is allowed to have their events too.

I have been to several gay rights parades and fairs. As always - as goes the media - - you choose to focus on the small percentage of those who may go to extreme or sensationalize. I notice you don't mention how many gay families are there with their children. And in my case straight family with children.

Do you object to Mardi Gras too?

I thought I wrote once per year, as in 1 time per year! It is an annual parade! And they are allowed to have that parade, it is their constitutional right.
I do have a problem with them, not their right to parade, but the way they chose to parade. It is a sex parade, they are almost naked if not completely naked, and this is done in the public space, where some of us are trying to raise kids!
Now I do agree, that over the years I have taken a more conservative stance towards homosexuality, where in my youth I was more liberal!

KKK would not be allowed to parade where I live, but neo-nazis still have that right here. If an institution is deemed dangerous to the society, they would not have the right to demonstrate, gather or parade

Mardi Grass is a Carnival, that goes on at evening/night time, where our children should be asleep. But it might be a double standard, at least I admit it, and to answer your question, no I have nothing against carnivals.

We do not have that many homosexual couples with children here, but we have some, and I am also against that.
Over here, they can get inseminated and our government pays for it.
However, they cannot adopt.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Who knows, if we were all straight, there may never have been a Da Vinci or Michelangelo, or Alan Turing?
Maybe we'd be happy in grass huts, breeding like rabbits while our wives died in child-birth?

As I have said in this thread already, I do believe that we are created from nature to be bisexuals in some way or another!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I believe that what you are looking at when it comes to actual hatred of gay people, boils down to the following: 1) Fear. Most people are either uncomfortable or fear what is different. Change is scary, and with the advent of a new group, and please excuse the term but I believe it fits, but every new group that does not fit into the norms that is determined by society, is made the scapegoat of the day. 2) Religion. Many people, especially in the past, and who are still around, were raised in a very religious household and that still holds sway in the minds of most people. They will use religious texts to justify their hatred and fear. And this is not only just those who do not like gay people or minority, but also part of this is on the part of the gay people and other minorities is 4) Forcing their difference on other people. Many people know what they like and who they are, as they were raised and base all experience on their past. When they are forced to accept something, it leads to hatred.
Many people are accpeting and most are decent people. They really do not care what goes on behind private doors, as the thought is there, that someone else could do it to them.
There was a question that was asked during one of the major law suits, that concerned gay people and I believe it fits with just about anything:
The reason for letting a person know that you are gay, is valid as it prevents problems that could occure in a social situation and preventing people from getting hurt or if letting a person know that they are gay, is the reason for doing such, a means to gain.
Many gay people if they would try to show society that they are just like everyone else, then the hatred would slowly die out.
Iran or Zimbabway? Neither, Iran is a theocracy, with no real rights for anyone else, and the other is slowly changing and an unstable government, and both are in a very volatile part of the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

As I have said in this thread already, I do believe that we are created from nature to be bisexuals in some way or another!

Well, this is one of the strange things, because especially homosocial mid-East cultures have been portrayed as somewhat "bisexual" in Western orientalism.
But there is so much conflict in the terminology.
Homosexuality merely refers to a sexual or romantic attraction to the same sex.
A homosexual person (as far as I've gathered) has a life-long preference for homosexuality, which usually means:
- gender non-conformity as a child (eg. boys playing with dolls)
- certain attraction centres in the brain that function more like the opposite sex
Otherwise very little else is proven.
Strangely trans-sexual people have been attached to the label, which is not "homosexual" at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join