It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just noticed how members complaint got moved to "Rant"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A member was feeling insulted here on ATS and posted about it. His thread was quickly moved to Rant in BelowTopSecret with no comment. It basically disappeared for us here. Shouldnt it have been moved to Board Questions or similar so it could be discussed, considering it is about AboveTopSecret and the behavior here?

What happened to the policy described here by ScepticOverlord from 2007: NEW: Civility and Decorum are Required? Has it expired?

Normally you guys do a good job but lately it seems putting others down, insulting them, being provocative, is perfectly fine behavior. And if thats the kind of atmosphere you want here on ATS, who am I to judge. I just want to know the ground rules.

Thread that was moved is here: www.belowtopsecret.com....

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I can't speak for the mods but that post by catwhoknows was created in a politics forum and not under the board forum or skunk forum and so was due a move anyway.

Why BTS I don't know but I am sure there was good reason for it.

-m0r

JAK

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The thread was moved from US Political Madness :

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

I think the reason is clear enough, especially when one notes the tone of the opening post in the thread concerned. A more reasoned argument may have been appropriate in the BB&Q forum. Ironic that "Civility and Decorum are Required" should be linked to in relation to that opening post.

Thread closed.

As is always the case members are free to U2U any member of staff they may wish to discuss an issue with.

[edit on 8/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Mods: please move this thread into the BTS "rants" section...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join