It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to charge people to ENTER

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
When I went to England last year, I had to pay for the visa processing. I think it was $12 to do it from the website a lot of money a minute to do it by phone, and I think there was an additional cost too, but I don't remember what it was.

Just saying. Maybe you're the one who hasn't left the country for a while?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
U know I can understand the illegals they are trying to live better lives in this Great United Sates. So many people on ATS make me so sick on how they hate the United States. Its such a disgrace, When this country America gets awaken again I feel sorry for those who stand in its way. All Americans of every race, creed, sex, and faith. standing up for our freedoms and our country. Yes hell we be upon the earth and the United States will follow.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Yes cause I am such a horrible person!

In case you haven't noticed like 75% of Americans do not support the boneheaded actions of our rulers, and on this board that numbers more like 98%.

Hey!! YOU lot voted in this administration. YOU lot are doing NOTHING to stop it. YOU lot are just complaining and yet sit by watching your nation go down the pan. YOU do nothing.

And no I will not excuse your rudeness just because I caught you at a bad time. You caught the post at a bad time not me catching you.

Its the PEOPLES fault if their country is like the way it is to some extent as when you have voted someone in to power you need to do everything you can to get them out once they abuse it. NO excuses please. You are all adults and need to take responsibility for your FREEDOM! Your voice can not be confined to typed abuse on ATS!!

All I can say is....watch tourism drop seriously over the next 24 months. Maybe you as a people could do something to distance Americans from the US government. Make them two completely separate entities.

I am just annoyed that your country thinks it can treat others the way it does and yet the people do nothing to stop it. So while you do nothing you will be judged as how the world see America.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
reply to post by Exuberant1

The thing that makes me sick is people like you who give up on the United States, you just sit back and not want to do anything but say, we have gone down the toilet. You are one of the reason that the United States is hurting. Got that kid! Maybe I can make a after school special to point out all the facts so you can better understand!!

You advocated murdering an ATS member; saying they should be killed.

*Do you also support the use of torture?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Do you understand what it is to vote?
It seems that you don't.

Hey!! YOU lot voted in this administration. YOU lot are doing NOTHING to stop it. YOU lot are just complaining and yet sit by watching your nation go down the pan. YOU do nothing.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Fresh Air]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

I gotta say this hate word is much over used these days...
I think you will find that most people that you think appear to hate the US fully support the patriots, and the ideals, and the spirit, and the constitution, and the bill of rights, etc...

But the crime ridden, bloodsoaked, sellout, government that is strangling the beacon of the free world, and the rest of the not so free world...
Well, for the good of what you profess to believe in,
it has got to go.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes very smart to promote tourism. Typical of their gov. Always using their brains to back up their crazy ideas.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Btw, just for the record and in the spirit of lookingthingsupiness:

ESTA and the Travel Promotion Act of 2009

Q: Do any other countries collect entry/exit fees?

A: Fifty-six countries charge entry and/or exit fees. These fees range from $14 to $100, with an average of $26.77. However, these fees are largely unseen because they are included in the taxes and fees attached to airline tickets. ESTA

quoted in part due to ex quote restrictions ... more info at above linkie.

[edit on 7 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

If that is true than I will say you are right. America has done some realy stupid things too many for me to count. Although America can redeem itself if we stand together for the freedoms that we believe in. I know your from Canada but I love the Canadians. In fact I love everyone I just want freedom for all. if we could all come together for freedom. Freedom to fail freedom to succeed. Freedom to be a man and woman that we want to be. I know I am harsh, but I dont take any crap from any anti Americans.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

We have some elections coming up soon. The next presidential election is while away. What exactly do you suggest we do? Hold a bloody coup, so that you won't have to pay $14.00?

And no I will not excuse your rudeness just because I caught you at a bad time. You caught the post at a bad time not me catching you.

Could you please go back and read your opening post? It was nasty.

Its the PEOPLES fault if their country is like the way it is to some extent as when you have voted someone in to power you need to do everything you can to get them out once they abuse it. NO excuses please. You are all adults and need to take responsibility for your FREEDOM! Your voice can not be confined to typed abuse on ATS!!

Do you live in a country with a Monarchy? Not everyone voted for Obama, here.

All I can say is....watch tourism drop seriously over the next 24 months. Maybe you as a people could do something to distance Americans from the US government. Make them two completely separate entities.

Good, stay home, if you have this attitude!

I am just annoyed that your country thinks it can treat others the way it does and yet the people do nothing to stop it. So while you do nothing you will be judged as how the world see America.

Not knowing where you hail from, should we assume everyone where you live has your attitude?

edit fix quoted

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fresh Air
Would you rather the US require Visa's of everyone rather than continue with the Visa Waiver policy plus a 14$ entrance fee?

Its not a waiver anymore since anyone entering the country has to give notice online with their details 72 hours in advance. Dress it up how you like its now just the same as applying only quicker than say someone from Pakistan. Other countries do not do this to their so called allies. Yes you American now deserve to be alienated from the rest of the world as you are doing to the rest of us. America is a friend of nobody anymore. Thye show this more and more everyday!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The Visa requirement is still waived.
The 14$ fee replaces the I-94 form.
Two different processes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Do you understand what it is to vote?
It seems that you don't.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Fresh Air]

Do not sit their and question my knowledge on a system that is corrupt and pointless. The word vote is a loose term these days especially in America. We are well aware that corruption runs through every aspect of the US congress and senate. We are aware of the fact that the system is biased. We are well aware that it is a joke, yes the whole system there is a joke.

I use simple terms for people like yourself! You all "voted" they were counted up, differing states pull in differing quotas etc etc...but at the end of the day YOU lot put OBOMAS name down enough at the polling stations etc to get him into power. Unlike Bush. I know how the system work Miss, so please keep your insinuating comments to yourself. A simple question would of sufficed but the little comment on the end shows us that you are a typical "ignorant" female. One day on here and you come with the insults

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I hope America falls and hope every other country makes Americans PAY quadruple to enter other countries. But Americans would actually have to leave their country first.

I hope the UK and Germany and France and Infact the whole of the European Union impose deep restrictions on US citizens in the near future as the Eu are already talking about in quiet circles. This will balance out the problem. USA - you are becoming more and more hated worldwide.

This is what a ATS member posted. Hopeing we fail! Hoping that countries make me pay iam an American I dont take kindly to being told that they hope others will make me pay. That I would have to leave this country that I hold dear first. God Bless America God Bless freedom and God Bless all the soldiers who are fighting the good fight.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fresh Air

That's what I'm trying to figure out ... I believe the old visa waiver fee hidden in the cost of the ticket was $6. Is that being retracted to be replaced with this new $14 fee or are they added up?

Meh, you get charged more than that to use a public toilet in Paris ... what a fun ride that is.

[edit on 7 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The US is to start charging UK travellers nearly £10 to apply for permission to enter the country.

Meh, you know what they say: "you always hurt the ones you love".
lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The Visa requirement is still waived.
The 14$ fee replaces the I-94 form.
Two different processes.

Oh my god...having to deal with certain people!

The whole system that came into affect a couple of years ago that requires EVERYONE to "apply" to come to the US 72 hours in advance is the so called "Waiver" for certain countries. However, I said this is not a waiver as they call it because why should we have to notify you period. Our countries do not ask this of your citizens. So its not a waiver as you class it anymore it now a "visa" only disgiused as something else. And we now have to pay to process it. Read up and understand what I am saying before you make rash comments.

Yes they call it a waiver but its not really. A waiver is giving some free reign as they did in 2004 without restrictions. This 72 hour notice is a joke.

So Americans deserve the same done to them when they come to Europe i think and I for one will back it. For the only people that can change the US gov's approach to things are the PEOPLE of America.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
hopefully it is only $1.05 cuz that is the cost of freedom

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fresh Air

Welcome to ATS Fresh Air.

Don't be alarmed by Sassy. She seems to possess very few social skills, if any, and she is rude crude and, probably a Muslim man.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ok. Stop and chill.

1. You started the thread with name calling and insults.
2. Ignorant female? You have a lot of nerve and obvious anger, but no manners.
3. Do not ascribe the words "you lot" to an entire country.
4. Obviously, you think you know what's up, but what you really do is blame shift
and try to antagonize.
5. Arguing points against your bias is not worth the effort, but what I will do is continue to find amusement in the obvious attempts you make to bait.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join