It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to charge people to ENTER

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is just typical of a country already gone down the toilet!!

Most do not want to have to get permission to travel to the US by going online and asking in advance.

But now they want to charge.

I hope America falls and hope every other country makes Americans PAY quadruple to enter other countries. But Americans would actually have to leave their country first.

I hope the UK and Germany and France and Infact the whole of the European Union impose deep restrictions on US citizens in the near future as the Eu are already talking about in quiet circles. This will balance out the problem. USA - you are becoming more and more hated worldwide.

US to charge

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

We need the money ... we really do.

[edit on 7 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yes cause I am such a horrible person!

I am directly responsible for the criminal and idiotic actions of my government.

Punish me. Better yet when we try to enter your country get out a bull whip an give each an every American a whipping and make them walk around shirtless displaying the scars to show were American!

In case you haven't noticed like 75% of Americans do not support the boneheaded actions of our rulers, and on this board that numbers more like 98%.

An before you go an say do something, you March you get arrested, speak up get demonized and ostracized, and possibly framed or killed. We have less power to influence our government here than you have in Europe.

Sorry if Im being a bit harsh but your suggestion is ridiculous, and you caught me at a bad moment. Please tone down the hatred it isn't our fault

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I love it; they charge you for permission to enter the US then turn around and spend that money to promote tourism.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. I hope this fails bigger than Obamacare.

It's probably a good thing they didn't take the New Jersey approach; it's free to get in but, you have to pay a toll to leave the state. Then again, it's New Jersey, who wouldn't pay to leave that armpit of a state?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Come one! Come all!
Come see the 3 Ring CircUS of A!
Come see the Capitol Building of Clowns!
Come see the Presidential Ring leader take over the Supreme Court\Ship of Fools!!!!
It's guaranteed to make you smile so bring your pregnant wife and stay a while!

*extended stay residents receive additional benefits
**deportation not included.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I love it; they charge you for permission to enter the US then turn around and spend that money to promote tourism.

Oh see ... you're being too literal.

"Promote Tourism" is obviously a euphemism for our soldiers visiting other lands with guns ... "Hi there, we're American tourists not invaders ... now, where's the Al Qaeda?"

[edit on 8 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
I hope America falls and hope every other country makes Americans PAY quadruple to enter other countries. But Americans would actually have to leave their country first.

I hope the UK and Germany and France and Infact the whole of the European Union impose deep restrictions on US citizens in the near future as the Eu are already talking about in quiet circles. This will balance out the problem. USA - you are becoming more

I love ATS.

No where but here can I read about someone flipping out and spewing hatred towards a country over $14.

Yeah, you hope American falls. That's sweet. You hope an entire country falls because you're getting all worked up over a lousy fourteen bucks.

You don't want to spend it, don't come to the US. How about that? A simple solution to the problem you're having a freakin' stroke over.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The OP did not mention: is this is valid in Arizona?
Here in Canada there is a retaliation plan: Let all Americans in for free but soak them good when they try to leave. The instructions are in french only and double the # if you cannot parce the imperfect past tense of 'etre'.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Maybe the U.S. needs to bomb your country, let another country try to bomb our country just remeber we have more Nukes than all the other countrys have.

And the 1st attack on American soil will gauratee that countrys demize.

Maybe we should charge and all that money can go on the deficit.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Would you rather the US require Visa's of everyone rather than continue with the Visa Waiver policy plus a 14$ entrance fee?

Originally posted by sassyncute
This is just typical of a country already gone down the toilet!!

Most do not want to have to get permission to travel to the US by going online and asking in advance.

But now they want to charge.

I hope the UK and Germany and France and Infact the whole of the European Union impose deep restrictions on US citizens in the near future as the Eu are already talking about in quiet circles. This will balance out the problem. USA - you are becoming more and more hated worldwide.

US to charge

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by jerico65

That's sweet. You hope an entire country falls because you're getting all worked up over a lousy fourteen bucks.

That’s so imperialist, arrogant of you!!! You have to remember that some people come from countries-cultures so backward (in every sense) that 14 dollars is still a lot of money. 14 bucks isn’t a lot of money in the U.S because you guys are closer to where the money is being printed!! However if you come from e.g. an Iranian desert (where information can take years to reach) 14 dollars is still enough money to buy a e.g. a camel-wife.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It applies to 35 countries with US "visa waiver" status, and replaced the green I-94 card which passengers used to fill in on their flight to the US.

I would presume that the people of these countries would prefer the 14$ charge as opposed to having apply for a Visa, no?

Andorra Hungary New Zealand
Australia Iceland Norway
Austria Ireland Portugal
Belgium Italy San Marino
Brunei Japan Singapore
Czech Republic Latvia Slovakia
Denmark Liechtenstein Slovenia
Estonia Lithuania South Korea
Finland Luxembourg Spain
France Malta Sweden
Germany Monaco Switzerland
Greece the Netherlands United Kingdom

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Originally posted by jerico65

That's sweet. You hope an entire country falls because you're getting all worked up over a lousy fourteen bucks.

That’s so imperialist, arrogant of you!!! You have to remember that some people come from countries-cultures so backward (in every sense) that 14 dollars is still a lot of money. 14 bucks isn’t a lot of money in the U.S because you guys are closer to where the money is being printed!! However if you come from e.g. an Iranian desert (where information can take years to reach) 14 dollars is still enough money to buy a e.g. a camel-wife.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Fresh Air]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

You know something, Ace? If you actually put some thought into your post before you hit, "reply", you'd probably would have come to the conclusion that people that come from places where $14 is a fortune aren't really going to be globe-trotting world travellers, are they?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Such vitriol against the US sassy......and if the US falls, what do you think is going to happen to the rest of the worlds economy?

They will be flushed even farther down the toilet, no?....or will the tampon in the p trap prevent them from being flushed down the drain?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker

If you are a US citizen you should be hanged, if not you should be treated like the devil you are and shot from a long range missle. You anti American peice of crap. How dare you talk against my Country scum bag.

You tell'em junior.

But the country has gone down the toilet.

Soon they'll be charging people to leave and when someone points out how bad that is you can say:

''If you are a US citizen you should be hanged, if not you should be treated like the devil you are and shot from a long range missle. You anti American peice of crap. How dare you talk against my Country scum bag"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hey you!
for 50 bucks
you can get out of that lifeboat and back up on the deck of the Titanic..
50 bucks...The unsinkable Titanic..Get out of that creepy rowboat...
I'm tellin ya its a deal...listen hear the band?...
They're great!
The Titanic, tipping over?
naaaw... what are you talkin bout Willis?
Oh that..welcoming tilt..to make it easier to climb aboard...
The bankers just put a lien on 'er...
with an Iceburg

Iceburg / Goldberg sachs, whats the difference?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The thing that makes me sick is people like you who give up on the United States, you just sit back and not want to do anything but say, we have gone down the toilet. You are one of the reason that the United States is hurting. Got that kid! Maybe I can make a after school special to point out all the facts so you can better understand!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't really think anyone thats got enough money for an airline ticket to the US is really going to struggle to find an extra $14

I you want some really unreasonable customs rules try flying to New Zealand where they can issue you with a $200 instant fine for not declaring a half eaten chicken sandwich that you forgot in the bottom of your bag on the customs form.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What a great idea!

Imagine how much money could be had if they make it retro-active to include any illegals already in the country that are captured.

That would certainly help the economy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join