It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monotheism, Polytheism, Atheism.... but Unitheism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.unitheist.org...

What is unitheism?

Unitheism can vary in meaning depending on the user, but generally implies connectivity or unification (uni-, one united; -theism, belief in deity) such as— deity of all religions is the same, divinity is encountered in persons and nature, increased knowledge tends toward agreement on matters of faith, etc.

The rest of the content shown here is from the FAQ page.

I honestly do not understand any of this... because I didn't read any of it, so I will put up my opinion soon, but what do you all think of it?

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Shoomoo]

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Shoomoo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sounds like panentheism.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It seems to be well-meaning, but like all other new age religions, a bunch of stuff someone made up and filled with some non-sensical and short-sighted viewpoints. It's amazing that something like "unitheism" will probably qualify for a tax exemption.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What is unitheism?
Unitheism can vary in meaning depending on the user, but generally implies connectivity or unification (uni-, one united; -theism, belief in deity) such as— deity of all religions is the same, divinity is encountered in persons and nature, increased knowledge tends toward agreement on matters of faith, etc.

I appreciate being made aware of this site.
It sounds as though they're trying to throw all religions together in one pot.
From my own perspective- as a Christian trying to peer warily into the future- it seemed obvious enough to me that the cultural outlook of the modern world was heading in this sort of direction.
But I didn't know there was now a dedicated site for the idea.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

me neither. I guess out of all the diversity of religion, there is some shining light of hope, and true faith, which can probably be the gateway between religion, and spirituality.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
It seems to be well-meaning, but like all other new age religions, a bunch of stuff someone made up.

Isn't that every religion?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
It seems to be well-meaning, but like all other new age religions, a bunch of stuff someone made up.

Isn't that every religion?

Yes!

Star for you

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

You were suppose to say that other religions had divine inspiration.

Then I could say that in the whole "new age" spirituality thing the idea exists that all people have a common divine force within them.

I know this is circular logic but still...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo
www.unitheist.org...

What is unitheism?

This is a really positive site.

I don't really adhere to any particular belief system but I definitely have similar feelings to the ones expressed there.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Jezus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

i lol'd at that quote.

Also, to my OP, I think this is a good example of a belief system that doesn't even need to force people to believe with doom and gloom. I like it ^_^

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

hey!
i came up with that.
or at least that's the first i'd ever heard that term from someone else's mouth or pen!

it was at least since January 10, 2007:
another ATS thread

i had more reply written but i goofed up with my errant pinkie finger and reloaded the page!
drat it.

i will hopefully remember what i had written and will come attempt it again after i make some food for my family.

maybe if you read my post, on that other thread, you'll have an idea of what i mean.

i didn't read the source link, either, but that's because i already know what i meant and unless they are on the same track, i don't care.

hee hee

what i mean is that, well, nevermind.
i might read it later, for sure, but i ran out of time.

new topics

top topics

join