It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentry discussing where future technology might be heading.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
TechnoCalyps parts I, II and III 3 hours in all of very interesting ideas regarding future technological advancements for mankind - I couldn't stop thinking about the book "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley.

I have searched on ATS to see if it's already been posted but haven't found any posts, if it has then just delete it. (moderator).

Part I - Transhumanism

Google Video Link

Part II - Preparing for the Singularity

Google Video Link

Part III - Digital Messiah

Google Video Link

Very interesting not sure if i have posted in the right section but if it's not then please *Moderator* please move it to the correct section.

I hope all those who watch these enjoy them as much as I did.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by survivor]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I couldn't get any of those videos to play, not even by visiting the link. It went to a video error page. Try again?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I couldn't get any of those videos to play, not even by visiting the link. It went to a video error page. Try again?
Same. If he uploaded it, he can see it, but nobody else can until after it gets approved through some Google/YouTube vetting process.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here you go...

An excellent subject. Star and Flag.

Part I - Transhumanism

Google Video Link

Part II - Preparing for the Singularity

Google Video Link

Part III - Digital Messiah

Google Video Link

Korg.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Korg firstly thankyou secondly korg make great synthesizers!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivor

No worries, if you press "Quote" my above you will see the correct code to use for Google video. If you like you can copy that code and enter the correct code in your original post.

That way people won't skip the thread thinking the content is not there.

All the best,

Korg,

P.s. Synths have nearly all gone software these days, but nothing sounds as good as the real thing, which is irony since the definition of synthesis is to copy something else.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I only had time to watch first 20 min now (will watch rest sometime), but great first video. It's exciting, and I'm glad to be alive in our time.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

very sorry not sure why my video links didn't work

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by survivor

No worries, if you press "Quote" my above you will see the correct code to use for Google video. If you like you can copy that code and enter the correct code in your original post.

That way people won't skip the thread thinking the content is not there.

All the best,

Korg,

P.s. Synths have nearly all gone software these days, but nothing sounds as good as the real thing, which is irony since the definition of synthesis is to copy something else.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

I love synths - software are ok but i prefer the hardware versions, it's what i grew up with although i can't wait for mental synths where we create the sounds by merely thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I come away from this thinking of Daleks and Cybermen. My gut reaction is entirely negative, and that deserves more contemplation on my part.

Thanks to the OP for making us aware of this documentary.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I come away from this thinking of Daleks and Cybermen. My gut reaction is entirely negative, and that deserves more contemplation on my part.

Thanks to the OP for making us aware of this documentary.

Absolutely!, that's why i couldn't help but think of the book "Brave new world" by Aldous huxley scientific dictatorship but one that the masses will readily be seduced by....sorry to say.

Is this the destined path for this tiny part of the multiverse - i honestly cannot say,sorry but i'm going off on a tangent here these thoughts have saturated my mind not on dailey basis but every second of the day since my family and i's close encounter with a ufo which lasted for 3 hours. i know this might infuriate most of a scientific disposition but that is the truth, sorry i don't mean to ramble on.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I haven't watched the videos yet, but thanks Korg for reposting. I can see that they will work now and post with my opinion. To the above poster, scientific dictatorship kinda says it all now doesnt it?

The same people who say religion controls, dont even realize that they (we) should learn from the past. It was our uncontrollable zeal for spirituality that dominated our way of thinking long ago, and now its our uncontrollable zeal for technology which serves to dominate our way of thinking in the present and future. This is our destiny, it would seem. The way you interpret everything will be your "animal"

top topics

join